Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Whats going on with all the TTT ddos attacks ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Whats going on with all the TTT ddos attacks ?  (Read 26954 times)
Sacmo
Poster

« on: August 28, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »

I dunno about you but ive been hearing a lot of ddos attacks going against ttt servers, and there was a topic regarding it in the face punch forum too.

anyone else having these issues ?
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »

Yep, nexus gaming was hit aswell. (some group must be jelly of other servers)

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 07:14:06 PM »

Yeah A lot of TTT servers are getting hit, wonder why they are hitting a public gamemode.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 07:49:06 PM »

Its happened before Im not surprised.
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:36:55 PM »

Yup, our servers are also being hit. Our suspicion lies within [L4G] though.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:09 PM »

Well, i dont have a problem I left GMod and it's skiddies since TTT turned into a rage-game, i can see why people DDoS it.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 02:22:24 AM »

Our suspicion lies within [L4G] though.

What reason would you have for that?
Will
Poster

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 05:57:46 AM »

Well, i dont have a problem I left GMod and it's skiddies since TTT turned into a rage-game, i can see why people DDoS it.

You left cause no one was playing.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 10:48:16 AM »

GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 01:03:39 PM »

I haven't been playing TTT since release, but TTT was a "rage game" when I started playing.
moarx
Poster

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »

It's not uncommon for someone to get banned for rdming/hacking and to get their "revenge" by loading up LOIC.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »

Yes, this is true in my experience, and there's also people that specifically join with the intention of causing mayhem, being banned, and then initiating a DDoS attack.
jarro
Poster

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »

Lol Innocent kills Traitor, this traitor respawns as inno and RDMs everyone then getting banned and he starts to DDOS-Attack servers.

Great.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

http://www.daemonservers.co.uk/index.php protected me against ddos
SwftOne
Poster

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 07:27:25 PM »

I own a TTT server and we have been getting ddossed a shit ton lately
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 07:47:42 PM »

Mine was put offline for a bit. Lookout for players with [Internet Task Force] Behind there name. Server crashed minutes after I banned one of them.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »

You left cause no one was playing.

I left because of people like you.

I'm done with GMod hosting, ill go back to good old days of vanilla sandbox where people weld wheels to doors and run people over. Not listen to "OMG YOUR A PRICK YOU RDMED ME ASSHOLE" all day long.

I might play, if there were any VANILLA decently hosted TTT servers with the old mindset, however, its INCREASINGLY rare to find those nowadays. You just find kids with too much money and a lot of ego-tistic retards.

Now, back to topic.

This is about how TTT servers are getting DDoSed, not about how I left gmod Will, whatever way you want to put it.

Yes, TTT servers are being DDoSed, No, I dont care about it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:46:22 PM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

Phoenix I do agree gmod has changed since the good old days. I remember, times of just constant entertainment. But, I do disagree on some things. TTT can be filled with children but its pretty simple to just have admins handle them if they are doing something wrong. (I specified wrong, because being a child alone isn't wrong).

Also, Nrich happen to have the ID of the internet Task Force guy that was ddosing you? I have seen a couple on my server.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »

Phoenix I do agree gmod has changed since the good old days. I remember, times of just constant entertainment. But, I do disagree on some things. TTT can be filled with children but its pretty simple to just have admins handle them if they are doing something wrong. (I specified wrong, because being a child alone isn't wrong).

Also, Nrich happen to have the ID of the internet Task Force guy that was ddosing you? I have seen a couple on my server.

90% of the Admins in GMod happen to be kids/morons themselves. Kids that think they can buy the world, that think they are smart, that think they OWN you, think they can do what they want, all because their mommies and daddies bought them the game, or (refer to earlier comment) they bought it themselves. They think that it will be their oyster, this is why I'm leaving, its a fucking game, NOT real life, some communities/people dont seem to understand that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:56:47 PM by phoenixf129 »

Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:03:02 PM »

I am honestly not sure who you are playing with but no one is stupid enough to take a game and believe it to be real life or have any meaning... you know why i do what i do? i do it because i like playing with others that i know and talk to on a daily basis, i also like computers, servers and the like and gmod so happens to be one of the servers that i enjoy as there are opportunities to do some coding, sql management, forum management and various other things its something i like to do thats just me though.

I mean calm it down kids are kids imagine what you where like when you where a kid im sure you where a little brat that acted immature often enough, don't take them seriously and most importantly don't take running the server too seriously all the time else you will crash out and burn like you appear to have already.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Whats going on with all the TTT ddos attacks ? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length