Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:42:23 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: A Snall Problem with the Radio
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Snall Problem with the Radio  (Read 4519 times)
GrayScare0
Poster

« on: August 13, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

For quite a while I have been using custom binds in TTT.  I have bound every weapon to a different key, and I use quick switch to pull them out.  I use suit zoom and the relevant weapon key to use my radio commands.  However, the binds are trated rather strangely.  For the first six radio commands, I must use suit zoom and the relevant weapon bind--the number keys do not work.  For the last three radio commands, I must use suit zoom and the relevant number key--the relevant weapon binds do not work.  This applies to both using the quick switch weapon binds on the "commands" section of the TTT website and using GMOD's weapon binds ('slot x' IIRC).  Could you please fix this inconsistency, BKU, such that I can use my weapon binds for both switching weapons and using the radio commands for slots 7 through nine?  It would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

On a side note, it would also help if you could disclose more useful commands on the "commands" section of the website (manual radar scan, manual DNA slot scan, traitor radio sounds, enable/disable autoscan for radar and DNA scanner, quick buy commands, credit transfer if possible).  You have given a few of them in the past to people that ask, but it would be nice to have them centralized (plus I would like to know a few of them, as not all of them have been disclosed).

Edit: Also, I already know about the quick radio binds and do not plan on using them.  It is far more efficient in my setup to use one key plus my easily accessible weapon keys.

Edit 2: It also appears I had a typo in the title.  Whoops.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:49:10 PM by GrayScare0 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »

There is no inconsistency, all radio commands are handled in exactly the same way. If the radio menu is open, binds that start with "slot" are used for the commands. The number in the bind is used to get the radiocommand. It sounds more like your binds are wrong.

Bind a key to "slot8" (no space) and it will send the 8th radiocommand.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:15:31 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:56:50 AM »

Iit appears you were right.  Thanks.  It still puzzles me, though, that I was able to switch weapons using those buttons but was not able to use radio chat.  Even more puzzling was that the number keys did work for 7-9 despite the fact that they were not bound to anything.  Also, after unbinding and doing as you said, I tried binding them like so:
bind x "slot 7"

and it actually did work.  It also worked the way you said, though, just to make things clear.  I'm not 100% sure which way I had it bound before, but we'll see if the problem presents itself again for some reason.  I do know someone else that is having a similar problem and I'd like to see if I can't figure it all out.  Thank you though.

Edit: For the second topic here, I looked at a topic I had posted months ago and you gave me the quick command for a DNA scan.
ttt_wtester_scan 1

I'm definitely going to be integrating that into my binds along with ttt_print_playercount.  Could you please post in this topic the other commands listed above?  I would find them to be incredibly useful.  In general, avoiding the pop-up menus is a good thing; I'm currently playing without the weapon select menu and the disguiser tab, and I'd like to eliminate as many other menus as possible.  People that know the game instantly get suspicious if you're walking around always facing the same direction.  It's one of those obvious giveaways, much like aiming at the head.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:48:14 PM by GrayScare0 »
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 02:10:17 AM »

I suppose that means you are unwilling to provide them or otherwise explain?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

There aren't many more. Note that I'm not "providing" the commands below from some sort of list I have. I am manually looking things up in the code, which takes time and effort.

ttt_wtester_remove 1
  -- Removes the first DNA sample in your scanner's list. Other numbers remove the other samples if you have any.

ttt_dna_scan_repeat 0/1
  -- Cvar to toggle repeated scanning

ttt_order_equipment <weapon classname or item number>
  -- Buy equipment, for weapons: ttt_order_equipment weapon_ttt_sipistol
      for items:
      - Armor: ttt_order_equipment 1
      - Radar: ttt_order_equipment 2
      - Disguise: ttt_order_equipment 4

For equipment buying, you can probably figure out which traitor weapon has which classname by looking at the directories.

Radio sounds require your radio's entity index, so you can't use them as binds. It would be easy to add a bindable concommand for it though. Might do that.

Same for radar repeating: no convar for it. Not convinced about the use for this, no one ever disables it.

Credit transfer: not possible.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:46:24 PM »

Thank you very much!  I did not figure credit transfer could be done like that, but I figured I would ask anyway.  You are definitely correct that not many people disable autoscan on their radar.  Occasionally I do it and then manually scan only in key moments, such as when I am about to round a corner or open a door and rush through.  It's much better than waiting for a free scan when there are only a few innocents left or I'm about to take out an isolated innocent camping behind cover; sometimes traitors are taken by surprise while they sit and recharge.  Autoscan is usually better for getting the big picture.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:09:21 PM by GrayScare0 »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: A Snall Problem with the Radio « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length