Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:25:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Statious - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statious - Trouble in Terrorist Town  (Read 6089 times)
Toboe
Poster

« on: August 07, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »

Statious is built around a heavily changed cosmetic experience along-side some new strategic goals. It's a close community and easy to get around. Being a new community and server we really need some regulars and old-school members - and everyone is welcomed.

Custom

Player Model Shop - Players can buy new player models in the shop. If you're disguised, your player model will appear to be the default CS:S model

Graphical HUD - The HUD is minimal and packed into the corner

Traitor Weapons: Night Vision Goggles, One-Hit-Kill Knife, Jihad Bomb

Map Cooldown: Maps can only be played Once every 5 rounds, 80+ Maps

Screenshots

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:08:28 PM by Toboe »
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 04:55:26 PM »

I would like to ask, how much custom content do you have?

Seems that you have a few extra player models.

I do various mapping and coding for most gamemodes and games, and I'm sure I can give you a hand with any problems.

My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DarK_St3alth
My Server: 64.31.40.16:27015
Toboe
Poster

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

I would like to ask, how much custom content do you have?

Seems that you have a few extra player models.

A ton of extra player models but there's not to much extra content then that. We're trying to add much different things rather then a bunch of kinda-different things. Adding a shotgun that spreads more or an M4 that fires faster is just silly.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »

The HUD doesn't look so minimal on that 800x600 screenshot, haha.  That's to be expected, but still.
Toboe
Poster

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 05:36:28 PM »

The HUD doesn't look so minimal on that 800x600 screenshot, haha.  That's to be expected, but still.

Yeah, it looks terrible, but I needed more screenshots with the custom models, heh. They're all player submissions (except the first few) and I don't understand how people can stand it. The chat box has to be unbearable
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 06:24:27 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  One time, i played TTT on a terrible laptop with just about everything at the lowest settings and at 640x480 resolution...and still had about 10 FPS.  It was unbearable.

The rest of the screenshots look good, though, and I especially like the night vision goggles.  Imagine using them on maps like DigDown, Clue (lights out), ShippingCenter, Catacombs, Amsterville, Cloverfield, Concentration, SlumCity, Bank, and OneSmallShamble.  I really think vanilla TTT needed night vision goggles.  I'm guessing they're a passive equipment activated using a command much like disguiser, right?  They're not always on?

Naturally, I do oppose the modded knife and suicide bomb, and I think the models can only screw games over for traitors (such as when they are using the disguiser).  Those things are everywhere, though, so it doesn't surprise me or anything.
Toboe
Poster

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »

Yeah, I know what you mean.  One time, i played TTT on a terrible laptop with just about everything at the lowest settings and at 640x480 resolution...and still had about 10 FPS.  It was unbearable.

The rest of the screenshots look good, though, and I especially like the night vision goggles.  Imagine using them on maps like DigDown, Clue (lights out), ShippingCenter, Catacombs, Amsterville, Cloverfield, Concentration, SlumCity, Bank, and OneSmallShamble.  I really think vanilla TTT needed night vision goggles.  I'm guessing they're a passive equipment activated using a command much like disguiser, right?  They're not always on?

Naturally, I do oppose the modded knife and suicide bomb, and I think the models can only screw games over for traitors (such as when they are using the disguiser).  Those things are everywhere, though, so it doesn't surprise me or anything.

Yeah, the Night Vision is toggle-able. A problem is, though, it doesn't work in pitch black areas only low-light. It works awesome in Clue but doesn't work at all outside in Winter Mansion. The disguise disguises your player-model, so I think it enhances the experience because it encourages people to buy it more. I think the knife and suicide bomb encourage people to stick together but not bunch up which is a huge problem on smaller maps. I do agree, though, they require a lot less skill then they should to get the kills which is why they're over-used and hurt the strategic play.
moarx
Poster

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »

Might want to fix the "Download to much?" on the loading screen, I'm currently downloading your custom content and noticed it immediately.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:38:38 PM by moarx »
Toboe
Poster

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »

Might want to fix the "Download to much?" on the loading screen, I'm currently downloading your custom content and noticed it immediately.

Thanks - I just gotta' find someone to blame it on!
moarx
Poster

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »

After connecting it seems as if most of the models were still missing and a friend of mine was having the same issue. After redownloading them from your website (and replacing the existing files we had already downloaded) everything seems to be fine, not exactly sure what was causing that. Also it seems as if the server has v2 of 67th way, v3 can be found at http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121675
Toboe
Poster

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 08:06:30 PM »

After connecting it seems as if most of the models were still missing and a friend of mine was having the same issue. After redownloading them from your website (and replacing the existing files we had already downloaded) everything seems to be fine, not exactly sure what was causing that. Also it seems as if the server has v2 of 67th way, v3 can be found at http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=121675

I'll upload the map now and try tinkering with the Fast DL. I guess it didn't upload right
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:14:09 AM »

Thanks - I just gotta' find someone to blame it on!

Evil. Blame everything on evil, unless it was good, in which case you did it.

On topic, this is a great server, with great admins, great VIPs, and great players.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
moarx
Poster

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 04:08:46 PM »

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114915-Statious-TTT
Might want to figure out what the fuck Deemoney is trying to accomplish, he's causing a ton of drama over on Facepunch.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Statious - Trouble in Terrorist Town « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length