Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:16:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Are vanilla servers generally what people want?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are vanilla servers generally what people want?  (Read 5403 times)
k9rosie
Poster

« on: July 10, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »

And not just people from this community, but GMod too. I was going to add the Jihad to my server because it scares innocent from going to one area and camping there, but then I read how it was frowned upon and this got me thinking...
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »

Jihad is just frowned upon because it teamkilled so many T's. But personaly I like it and so do many others, modded servers generaly attract more people because it spices up the gameplay, but you never know the players preferences.

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »

Most people that are on this forum seem to frown upon any custom content, although custom content seems to attract more players than vanilla TTT does in most cases.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »

The people that frown upon custom content are the ones that were with TTT from the beginning like me. We followed the game since it started basically and dont want to change what was pretty much decided upon by the community as a whole.

Most players do like custom content though as Its less boring. Ill always be a vanilla player.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:50:24 PM »

I've never been a huge fan of custom content, but if it actually adds to the game and is balanced, I can tolerate it.  I do not, however, even bother tolerating the suicide bomb or one hit kill knife.  They are not balanced and merely serve to get traitors easy kills without any real skill or manipulation involved--and the traitors do not really need any more advantages over the innocents than vanilla TTT provides them.  As such, I have all servers with such content on my blacklist (and, unfortunately, this leaves me with very little choice in servers, never mind populated servers).

If you just want to be another generic modified server appealing to people whose TTT experience revolves solely around killing people as traitor, then sure, throw unbalanced weapons in.  If you want to take the game seriously, then please do not do so.  I personally would love to have another vanilla server to play on (as I do not have many valid options).  Other things that are appealing are decent admins that do not abuse and do not take very matter into their own hands, and also decent rules that do not restrict innocents from killing obvious traitors.

Edit: Oh yes, and also keeping the maximum player count as 16 or below is very nice.  People just don't take the game seriously and it can be hard to follow otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:01:32 AM by GrayScare0 »
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »

I agree with Gray. TTT is generally balanced as it is now, but, if the content that people create doesn't break the game, I don't see a problem.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »

I've never been a huge fan of custom content, but if it actually adds to the game and is balanced, I can tolerate it.  I do not, however, even bother tolerating the suicide bomb or one hit kill knife.  They are not balanced and merely serve to get traitors easy kills without any real skill or manipulation involved--and the traitors do not really need any more advantages over the innocents than vanilla TTT provides them.  As such, I have all servers with such content on my blacklist (and, unfortunately, this leaves me with very little choice in servers, never mind populated servers).

If you just want to be another generic modified server appealing to people whose TTT experience revolves solely around killing people as traitor, then sure, throw unbalanced weapons in.  If you want to take the game seriously, then please do not do so.  I personally would love to have another vanilla server to play on (as I do not have many valid options).  Other things that are appealing are decent admins that do not abuse and do not take very matter into their own hands, and also decent rules that do not restrict innocents from killing obvious traitors.

Edit: Oh yes, and also keeping the maximum player count as 16 or below is very nice.  People just don't take the game seriously and it can be hard to follow otherwise.

Just to be honest with you, I made the knife an instant kill on my server. But to balance it out is there away for DNA to never decay and for the DNA to avoid Decoys?
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »

Just to be honest with you, I made the knife an instant kill on my server. But to balance it out is there away for DNA to never decay and for the DNA to avoid Decoys?

There must be a way, as that's how it was set up previously.  Try looking at how it was set up in an older version of TTT.

I really do not think that balances the knife, though, if you want my opinion.  It is still a quick and easy kill for the traitors.  If an innocent doesn't want to sit the round out, best thing he/she can do is fire upon anyone that gets too close, but this creates a new realm of troubles.  Most players expect the rules to bend the game such that traitors live as long as possible, as being traitor is all they really care about; they like the thrill of being able to kill people with little risk of being killed.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »

I have always preferred vanilla or near-vanilla servers. Instakill knife is something I don't really like, but I can put up with it IF it is the only major change.

Then again, I greatly prefer playing Innocent over Traitor, as well as a player count of 9-15. Any more is just chaos.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »

I have always preferred vanilla or near-vanilla servers. Instakill knife is something I don't really like, but I can put up with it IF it is the only major change.

Then again, I greatly prefer playing Innocent over Traitor, as well as a player count of 9-15. Any more is just chaos.

I really couldn't agree with you more, besides that I think instakill knife (and the suicide bomb) are the worst modifications you can make.  It really seems like most people base their entire playing experience off their traitor rounds; it's a horrible way to approach TTT.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Are vanilla servers generally what people want? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length