Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:23:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Guns and other weapons don't feel like using gravity AND Fretta voting dsnt work
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Guns and other weapons don't feel like using gravity AND Fretta voting dsnt work  (Read 9519 times)
k9rosie
Poster

« on: July 09, 2011, 12:05:06 AM »

Okay, so here is the deal:
I recently bought a server strictly for TTT because I like it so much. So, when ever I hit Q on a gun, it dismounts itself from my body BUT it sticks in the air and doesn't fall to the floor. The same goes for grenades when you throw them and knives when you throw them. Also, you can't arm C4.

+

Fretta voting isn't working and I'm not sure why, in my server.cfg I have ttt_fretta_mapvoting 1.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:14:04 AM »

Do you have CSS installed on the server?
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 12:19:45 AM »

I'm not sure if I do or not, although, my control panel has an option to install the CSS content but that's not working. Is there a way to download the files and then upload them via FTP?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 12:32:36 AM »

I'm not sure if I do or not, although, my control panel has an option to install the CSS content but that's not working. Is there a way to download the files and then upload them via FTP?

Its best to contact your server host and get them to rectify the problem with the CSS content not loading onto your server.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 12:37:35 AM »

Its best to contact your server host and get them to rectify the problem with the CSS content not loading onto your server.

I did, but the problem is that my host's support is complete crap and doesn't reply to any of my tickets.
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 01:25:03 AM »

Is it possible to use the cstrike folder from my mac to upload it to my server?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 01:29:27 AM »

I did, but the problem is that my host's support is complete crap and doesn't reply to any of my tickets.

Get a better host then, you have a broken server without CSS, can't install CSS and they don't respond to support requests. Think of it this way if you where to get the content (easy just use hldsupdatetool on home computer) you will be uploading GB's of data to the server, then when an orangebox update comes out that requires more CSS content (the new stuff) you are going to have to upload it all again because you don't know exactly what changed etc etc.

And that is the best case scenario where the server accepts the data placed in the folders and uses it/ loads it, get the server host to do it regardless of who they might be as one that doesn't answer support tickets and fails to provide you with what you have paid for is a failure, attempt to get your money back in addition to this.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 01:33:30 AM »

Get a better host then, you have a broken server without CSS, can't install CSS and they don't respond to support requests. Think of it this way if you where to get the content (easy just use hldsupdatetool on home computer) you will be uploading GB's of data to the server, then when an orangebox update comes out that requires more CSS content (the new stuff) you are going to have to upload it all again because you don't know exactly what changed etc etc.

And that is the best case scenario where the server accepts the data placed in the folders and uses it/ loads it, get the server host to do it regardless of who they might be as one that doesn't answer support tickets and fails to provide you with what you have paid for is a failure, attempt to get your money back in addition to this.

Okay, but will this:

Is it possible to use the cstrike folder from my mac to upload it to my server?

still work?

I am fairly happy with my host as I am not needy but when it comes to these types of things I would like the support of my host. But I am a resourceful guy and will try at anything to get stuff working.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:41 AM »

As i said in my post download the content from the hldsupdatetool (not sure about anything mac related might be better overall to use windows machine for everything) download the cstrike data anyone can do so nothing required as far as i know.

So im assuming you can get it all but i really don't know about if uploading it will do the job but if you wanna do that then its the best thing i personally can think of, but you can wait around and see if someone has a better idea then me.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:47 AM »

Okay, so here is the deal:
I recently bought a server strictly for TTT because I like it so much. So, when ever I hit Q on a gun, it dismounts itself from my body BUT it sticks in the air and doesn't fall to the floor. The same goes for grenades when you throw them and knives when you throw them. Also, you can't arm C4.

CSS content is not installed.

Fretta voting isn't working and I'm not sure why, in my server.cfg I have ttt_fretta_mapvoting 1.

fretta_voting 1
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »

Okay, so I did what was suggested above (download the cstrike from hldsupdatetool.exe and upload it form my server) and all of the CS:S maps pop up on my fretta voting page (I got fretta to work) but I'm still having problems with the gravity on weapons and the reloading animations.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 04:30:20 AM »

Probably because you have to actually install css.
And if the host wont even respond to someone that needs help its probably better just to get a new host in the long run.
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 04:36:49 AM »

I do have css installed
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 04:41:24 AM »

I do have css installed

Not technically mounted with FTPing the files the server will not mount/ use them i was hoping perhaps your problem was just getting the content from your server host, i don't use hosting companies so i can't tell you the possible options available.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 04:46:11 AM »

Not technically mounted with FTPing the files the server will not mount/ use them i was hoping perhaps your problem was just getting the content from your server host, i don't use hosting companies so i can't tell you the possible options available.

Okay, so I spent an hour uploading the cstrike files to gmod and it's not mounted? Am I forgetting something?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 05:01:16 AM »

Okay, so I spent an hour uploading the cstrike files to gmod and it's not mounted? Am I forgetting something?

You are forgetting that i didn't say it was going to definitely work, and that it was a longshot at best.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 05:38:32 AM »

You are forgetting that i didn't say it was going to definitely work, and that it was a longshot at best.

ok
So if TTT doesn't pull the css files right away what else does hldupdatetool do besides download the game content?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 05:59:05 AM »

ok
So if TTT doesn't pull the css files right away what else does hldupdatetool do besides download the game content?

Well i don't know about anyone else and there servers but we use the hldsupdatetool to update the css and gmod content and run the srcds as the server, i can't speak for any variances with server hosting companies.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
k9rosie
Poster

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 07:00:49 AM »

This is probably what my host does. Okay, I read in another thread that copying the CSS models and other things over into the /garrysmod folder also fixes this problem. Have you tried this yourself?
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »

If you do it the correct way it might work, I know many people try this and it doesnt work out.
But honestly if your hoster wont answer your support ticketd theres probably gonna be a lot more issues in the future. Your much much better off getting a new host, that way you wouldnt have to deal with these problems or hopefully future ones.
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Guns and other weapons don't feel like using gravity AND Fretta voting dsnt work « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length