Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:39:02 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Realistic TTT?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Idea] Realistic TTT?  (Read 4665 times)
Jonzky
Poster

« on: June 14, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »

I am just wondering what your views would be on a more 'serious' version of TTT? I do not want to ruin this thread already but I'll go ahead and do this comparison, it could be like a 'hardcore' COD game.

The HUD would be limited, voice would be done in a 3D manner (so there would be a radius to what a person could hear), weapons could be more damaging and it would open up a whole new range of SWEPs available.

Consider there is no global-chat, there could be a 'wanted' poster that detectives could deploy if they have evidence it was someone. There would be no name over a crosshair, the game could randomly assign models to players which could be used for identification. You could give players the ability to 'text' which is a basic PM between them and possibly the detective the ability to 'group message' which is self-explaintory.

This will also add the 'fear' back into the game; people are less aware of who has been killed, the traitors are more unknown and also deciding to kill someone in a secluded area will not result in the killers name being screamed to the whole server.

The game could also focus less on logs and more on gameplay, there could be of-course instruments to prevent 'minging'  like a more serious/stronger karma system.

Would be nice to hear your thoughts, I assume that TTT is currently how BadKing would like it; there is pretty much no more possibilities for new weapons without affecting gameplay to much, the game runs fine and people enjoy it. If he is interested developing an idea like this then it could open many more doors to future changes.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:07:49 AM »

-Snip, shitty reply-

I doubt many people will like it. It will require a lot of coding, and I doubt BKU will code a Roleplay version of this gamemode.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:10:56 AM by Mr. Gash »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:17 AM »

I would <3 this. But find a coder, a map etc and decent players. So yh it wont happen.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »

This would be pretty ambitious; it would probably be best suited as another game entirely.  As it is, TTT does not focus on realism; here are a few of TTT's weaknesses for the type of game you seem to be suggesting:
Role reveal upon body inspection
Unrealistic equipment (teleporter, radar, poltergeist, newton launcher, health station...)
Hammer space (weapons are pulled out of nowhere)
Low damage/high health
Weapon variety is balanced for the (slower kill) gameplay, not for realism
Physics objects, possession, magneto stick...especially in terms of damage
Being able to see shadows through walls (a big issue that shows up quite often)
Predictable role distribution (and roles in general)
Maps have a tendency to be less than realistic/believable
HUD traitor traps/traitor only interactivity on maps
Buy menus
Guns and ammo "spawning" around maps
Ammo being tied to guns
Weapon and ammo "slots" (example: can't carry two grenades and nothing else; but can carry an assault rifle with ammo, a pistol with ammo, a grenade, two special equipment, and a magneto stick)
The aforementioned chat system and player names

I would certainly like to play something like this, but obviously it would play completely differently.  The main problem for such a gamemode would be equalizing the roles (every role should be able to do everything, therefore putting the focus more on the rationale of actions rather than what they do-) without muddying the waters too much in the gameplay.  That is, it should be manageable and fun rather than being too ambiguous, but still allowing deeper play styles (just look at Epic Mafia).  Of course, the game itself would not be able to discriminate between legitimate play styles and griefing (or just ineffectual strategy; the same is the case for TTT), so the community would be even more prone to trolling and whiners than TTT currently is.  Also, things like metagaming would still exist; the only way to truly limit metagaming would be to take out voice chat (which just isn't an option; it might as well not be an FPS at that point).  Just my thoughts on the matter.  Obviously I've given the subject a lot of thought in the past.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:26:56 AM by GrayScare0 »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »

You cant take out ghosting as you would need to nuke any voip's and also steam chat which is the main source.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »

You cant take out ghosting as you would need to nuke any voip's and also steam chat which is the main source.

Yes, this is true as well (though luckily, ghosting is very easy to catch on to).  The best solution I can think of for this--if it had to be tackled, which I don't think it needs to be; this is why we have admins--would be to have a matchmaking service (and no parties) rather than a list of servers, and also to hide player names.  The community would need to be huge for this to work, of course, and it isn't practical at all at for TTT, but it would certainly address the issue.  Of course, ghosting would still be possible, but much more difficult.
Jonzky
Poster

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

Ghosting would be the same as if it was normal TTT, if there is no 'name over crosshair' then the only way to ghost would either to be a traitor and know the players, use an exploit/hack or be a spectator. Maybe this might be a bit too much, reduced range of the 'name over crosshair' would be more sensible. There is also the potential of using other means of identification such as hat-model combos that are unique to players.

This would pretty much still be TTT with just mainly cosmetic changes that we would hope makes a large gameplay difference.

I found out that BadKing is pretty busy at the moment so I doubt he would be able to make any changes/additions like this (that is if he was willing to in the first place). I also assume  that there is no-one able/willing to start such a challenge and then release it publicly for free. Thinking about the changes they are mainly re-using already existing functions and also possibly creating a few new sweps.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

I found out that BadKing is pretty busy at the moment so I doubt he would be able to make any changes/additions like this (that is if he was willing to in the first place). I also assume  that there is no-one able/willing to start such a challenge and then release it publicly for free. Thinking about the changes they are mainly re-using already existing functions and also possibly creating a few new sweps.

I do hope you weren't actually expecting anything.  This is just an idea, and not a particularly realistic one.  Just making some thoughts vocal; discussing the hypothetical.
Jonzky
Poster

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »

I was not expecting any result, I was typing my thoughts here to hear people's feedback. I assume that like me most of you are on the border with the current TTT with hundreds+ hours of gameplay things do get repetitive, the changes/ideas I posted above are relatively easy to implement so I was hoping that potentially someone may have a look into it.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Idea] Realistic TTT? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length