Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:19:18 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Propkilling! Beginners Guide!
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Propkilling! Beginners Guide!  (Read 10579 times)
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« on: June 07, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »

Propkilling! Beginners Guide!

Index
- Disclaimer
- Mouse Setup[Joey Edition]
- Toss Methods
- Prop Types

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WARNING

Propkilling is a bannable offense in almost 40% of TTT servers. The act is seen as minge-like, and can lead too very damaged ties with communities. With that said I take no responsiability for player's actions regarding propkilling, and anything you or any other player does is on your own head.

Prosper long, and enjoy, but BE CAREFUL.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Setting Up Your Mouse For Propkilling

One of the major issues in propkilling is being able to do what most PK'ers refer too as, QRT. QRT stands for Quick Reaction Time. Propkilling is all about having a very open mind, and being able to keep up with said mind.
So how do we set up our mouses for Propkilling? Well guess what... It's remotley doesn't even relate too Garry's Mod/Source Engine. What you need to do is open your Control Panel from the Start Menu, and Enable Classic View. Look for Mouse, and double click on it. This should bring up a menu.

Now from here you should see the following tabs...

- Buttons
- Pointers
- Pointer Options
- Wheel
- Hardware

The one you want to enter is Pointer Options. From here you should see should see the following

- Motion
- Snap To
- Visibility

Under Motion you'll usually have a thing checked called, 'Enchance Pointer Precision'. Few words of advice... DISABLE THIS MOTHERFUCKER LIKE NO TOMMOROW. If you have sloppy aim in games, if you can't react fast enough even with max settings, this little fuck is your reason why. It'll take some time to get use to the new movement on your desktop, but its needed for propkilling

BACK TO THE BLUE LOGO WITH THE WHITE G.

Back to Garry's Mod already? Fuck, I thought I would be able to get pass a few hours of ear rape. Alright this is where things start depending on what your style is. If you wish to toss props fast, but with little accuracy(like I tend to do) you'll need to adjust too the following settings or something similar.

Mouse Sens: 6.0
Raw Input: Checked
Mouse Accel: Checked
Mouse Accel Speed: 1.15

These settings will give you a very, very fast motioned mouse so if your into guns more then props you'll need to fine tune them too your style.

Tossing Props

Tossing props is an art really... It required a good set of hands, and fast reflexs. More importantly... It requires a wrist. Have you ever gone fishing? Imagine your mouse as the rod... Yeah like the rod flicking, without the flick of a rod, but more of push forward...

A few methods can be adopted for propkilling, but these are more common foothold for n00bies.

First method is simple... Turn about 90/180 degrees, and turn toward the direction your enemy is, and click mouse one. This will release a viciously flying prop which can kill in one hit.
Second method is similar with a twist... I'm not even joking about the twist part, by the way. You turn your mouse like you normaly would for a normal throw, but you actually press mouse two. This releases a much more accurate, but less powerful throw, and even though you may be more tuned to use mouse two be careful.

My favorite method though? Rug Burning.

What's Rug Burning? Rug burning is where you do a quick reflex of gripping the prop, but not grabbing it with the magneto stick, and do a quick 45 degree shot which sends the prop skyrocketing acorss the ground, and if a player is standing on anyform of prop, stairs, or otherwise... It automatically kills them. This is more on the line an intermediate skill, but if you can perfect it, it's damn well effective for quick slingshot kills.

Another method is called Bouncy Ball.

What you do is take a small prop which weighs about 25-50 pounds, and actually flick it towards a nearby wall of your enemy. It does barley any damage when it hits them, but for some unknown reason it colors the screen a deeper red, and blinds them for a split second.

PROPSSSSssssss

Ah.... My favorite part of this guide. The bullet for the gun. The fries with the cheeseburger... The bacon with eggs. Yeah... This is really important.

Props are designated into a few groups.. Let me explain.

Explosives

Explosives are the props that are made for long-range blast damage/surprise attacks. The way your suppose to use these is by getting a buddy with a MAC-10 to ignite the barrel, propane, or gascan, and you toss them out toward an group of enemy players. Explosives are very, very easy too use, but have a few drawbacks. First off... Your lugging around a fricking explosive. One shot from a sniper,m16,shotgun, or crowbar kills it. Explosives are not heat-seaking missiles... Murphy's Law comes into play here. If it has a possibility of fucking up, it will fuck up. Make sure to write that down... It's important.

Breakables

Breakables are the more commonly used prop for propkilling considering their found in abundancies thanks to Valve making a lot of breakable stuff for FPS games. So how do you use a breakable? Breakables are basically the shotgun of propkilling. They pepper a target, but don't salt it. It usually will require two hits to kill anything with a breakable prop. Thats a major drawback of breakables though considering their a one go, low-go, and missing usually means you get screwed in the ass by five different people.

BARRELSSSSSSS

Ah... The sniper rifle of propkilling. Barrels are something you really should learn to love. They do the most damage aside from 'Mystery Props' and are very, very easy to use. Barrels actually rocket twice the speed of most props  ;)
So how do you use barrels? Well its quiet simple really... You pick it up, choose a target, toss it in their general direction, and find a taxdirmist for their corpse.
Barrels really don't have many drawbacks other then the fact they make the loudest noise when being tossed around, and are easily detected like our buddy the explosive barrel.

Mystery Props

I love finding mystery props, but the problem about them is quiet simple... Thier a mystery! Mystery props are considered the one hundred ton bomb of propkilling. You really just can't go wrong with them(aside from bombing civilian populations hehe....). Examples of mystery props are as followed...

Cash Registers which aren't weight changed by the mappers
RP_Christmastowns Three Way Computer Screen(1 hit kills eryday)
Chairs which aren't weight changed by the mappers
Cinder Blocks

Next time on, Propkilling! We'll explain the use of small props to guide bigger props to create rage trains. Tricks on how to kill players with one shot, and how to use props as defensive barriers against guns.

"We're not judged by the plans we make ,but by the actions we take." - Myself.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »

Why would you post this?  I seriously want to know.

Edit: Oh wait, you're the KFC guy.  That explains a lot.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:56:19 PM by GrayScare0 »
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:13:42 AM »

What's wrong with propkilling?

Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:41:57 AM »

Why is it wrong? because prop killing is RDM, always unless you are a traitor but if you are a traitor you are not going to be attempting to prop kill a player you will shoot them as its more effective then prop killing its a tool for mingeing players both by damaging them and killing them both work in inciting rage due to poor gameplay.

If you wish to prop kill and have fun goto HL2: DM or something similar but we don't need this in the servers as its just a tool for mingeing.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Nel
Poster

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »

ecause prop killing is RDM, always

:/  You do know that RDM stands for Random Death Matching right?  Something can be wrong, involve killing someone and not be called RDM you know.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:37 AM »

:/  You do know that RDM stands for Random Death Matching right?  Something can be wrong, involve killing someone and not be called RDM you know.

I would have thought swinging a prop around in the attempt of killing a person regardless of who they are random... and obviously the act of killing a person is that of death matching so i see not where i am at fault with my statement in the context you are talking about.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:22 AM »

If God created the Magneto stick, capable of lifting props and throwing props. Whats wrong with killing people with them?

The fact is, if you can perfect it. You can catch a traitor unawares (whom you have found their identity). Noone is going to be worried about the guy with the chair, compared with the guy pointing a deagle at your head... no mindless swerving (you know what I mean).
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 03:43:28 AM »

If God created the Magneto stick, capable of lifting props and throwing props. Whats wrong with killing people with them?

The fact is, if you can perfect it. You can catch a traitor unawares (whom you have found their identity). Noone is going to be worried about the guy with the chair, compared with the guy pointing a deagle at your head... no mindless swerving (you know what I mean).

I suppose this is correct to a degree and possible for such a thing to happen but i don't see this happening, if it does and works out successfully let us know XD although if i know a traitors identity and they don't know i know their identity i'm still likely to take a shot at them with my gun compared to the whole prop argument.

Although now that i think about it if possible to become decent as such a thing when traitor the use of a prop to kill people would greatly lead to bodies being less of a problem once found as the weapon of choice is in abundance and the culprit unable to be found due to no DNA. So although i still stand this is generally a bad idea for most uses by most people it can have its upsides if used correctly.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »

Sure, propkilling can be useful, but very rarely is it used legitimately.  In fact, I think I've seen it used legitimately maybe one time.  That's it.  The other occurrences were all illegitimate; just people screwing around.  Beyond that, it's just ridiculous in general.  Also, I am one of those people that will kill you if you "accidentally" took me down to 10 health with a prop (which means two-shot maneuvers are not very effective; this is the case for anyone that isn't incredibly gullible).

The only people propkilling is going to be effective against are people that have no clue how to play the game, and the only people that will resort to propkilling are people that don't take the game seriously.  That's just the fact of the matter, regardless of how it can be legitimate--killing a detective as an innocent can be legitimate (AFK/can't use scanner), killing your traitor buddy can be legitimate (feigning innocence), but in almost all scenarios, these acts are a matter of not playing the game as it should be played.

Making a guide to propkilling is like making a guide to baiting as an innocent.  It just encourages people to screw around.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:06:36 AM by GrayScare0 »
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 01:17:08 AM »

I disagree, my time on DNR with the lighthouse map prop killing proved to be very useful, as a traitor once in a while I offered to fling people in the air neaar the water so they could get a nice ride, the first two or three people I let live so I could gain trust, then one in three people I would purposefully not aim for the water and therefore killing them, brutally. and all that requires is a simple sorry and let the next victim come along.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »

I offered to fling people in the air

These would be the kind of people I was referring to in my post.
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »

Why is it wrong? because prop killing is RDM,

Wrong. Propkilling is actually a very, very last ditch strategy which proves to be quiet useful if your being attacked when you can't reload.
Why does a jet have a gatling gun when it can kill it's targets from miles upon miles away? Because it's just damn useful when your only two yards away.
Why do infantry men still have bayonets, and knifes? Because is damn helpful when you need them.
Everything has a purpose... Being able to master it's use before being forced into the combat situation where you need it, may become of use in the future, and not to mention propkilling is measured by karma and score damage... It's essentialy a one shot shotgun.

GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:23 AM »

analogies

So a replacement for the crowbar and the secondary?
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:54 AM »

So a replacement for the crowbar and the secondary?

Pistol, and Crowbar do realtively 25-30 damage each... One prop hit does 75-100 with good karma. I believe it's evident which is more useful.

GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »

Pistol, and Crowbar do realtively 25-30 damage each... One prop hit does 75-100 with good karma. I believe it's evident which is more useful.

Are you seriously implying that prop killing is not only valid, but also superior to secondaries?  In 99% of scenarios, I would rather whip out a pistol after running out of ammo than try to hit someone with a barrel.

The pistol's base damage is 25....Headshot multipliers are very helpful.  Also, the deagle instakills on headhot.  Besides that, it takes a very special type of person to actually be killed by a prop in the middle of a firefight--the type of person that you probably should not have had to waste all your primary's ammo on.
RandomGamer342
Poster

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »

Propkilling is just a way of avoiding getting banned for RDM, as it doesnt show up in the logs who did it. Nor does it damage karma or score.

If you want to do a legit propkill, get a poltergeist. Thats what its there for.

Also, 99% of times i've been killed by a propkill then the propkill is done with a aimbot that has a propkill function.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 07:16:53 PM »

Nor does it damage karma or score.

Yes it does. Propkill is logged in most cases unless something wierd happens.
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »

Propkilling is actually more Karma damaging far as my knowledge goes... I've had a one hit propkill on an friend, and my karma took a -200 Karma hit because it measured so high.

blksith0
Poster

PHP

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »

I was a traitor and started prop killing. Got banned immediately. Why?
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »

As the guide says,

'Propkilling is a bannable offense on about 45% of TTT Servers'

Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Propkilling! Beginners Guide! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length