Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:01:24 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Restrict Last Maps Played
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Restrict Last Maps Played  (Read 7201 times)
Machete.Panda
Poster

« on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »

Hello, I had this once before but I lost it and have spent the last 30 minutes on google trying different ways of saying "Restict last maps played vote"

I dont want people to vote for the last 5 maps played.  Anyone know what this is called? Where cna I find it?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:18:48 PM »

You didn't look hard enough this very forum has me answering this question for another person and its not that far behind in terms of how old it is, regardless the exact post was this:

This is a lua file that was created by someone around here? anyway i know it was posted around here, regardless the file is here: http://thehiddennation.com/ check for the link in the page, its just my hosting thought it easier as i don't have any kind of mediafire or whatever account :/

You place that file inside of the lua\autorun\server\ folder and all should run smoothly, you use the following command to change the recently played limit: sv_mapcooldown "numberinhere"place that in your cfg (something you might have seen at the bottom of the ECG cfg that i gave an example of)

Hope this helps you and anyone else who requires the recently played feature, i didn't make it so no harm in sharing

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Machete.Panda
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:25:23 PM »

thanks Handy. I search everything I could think of "restrict last map player" "limit map vote" "restrict votes on last map".  Obviously, none of those terms are in that thread. :p But I put them in here for a seed for future searchers! :D
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:47:02 AM »

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I've been looking for something like this, and that link doesn't have any download.

Can someone help?

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/shifty_pete
Emo Panda
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 05:57:15 AM »

I can't help you, but I know for a fact such a script exists for TTT. It was used on a server I used to play on! I'll try to find something for you.

Might I suggest facepunch?
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »

Sorry for the necro-bump, but I've been looking for something like this, and that link doesn't have any download.

Can someone help?

http://thehiddennation.com/fretta_voterestriction.lua
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:02:02 AM »

Thanks.

Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »

Actually, it seems the script no longer works. Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps someone could fix it.

BipolarDiZ
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

I currently use this script on my server with zero issues. What is the problem you are having?

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27015
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: currently offline
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »

Sometimes an issue occurs when the file that stores the 'recently played' has some issues and generally stores way more values then its meant to, not sure if this is a common problem for anyone else but hardly an issue just re-set the file and carry on.

This file however does use datastreams to send the information that you can't vote on certain maps, which will break when garry releases his large update (from what i understand) but until then the script should work fine, as bipolarDiz states elaborate on your issue?

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
BipolarDiZ
Poster

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »

Yea, handy man I have the same issue. It's generlly when the map is forced changed to a map or the server restarts on its default map. It wasn't supposed to be on the map yet so its like "Woah how in the F*** did I get here?" I never heard that garry was eliminating data streams right on update. I thought he was just giving a better option and fazing it out... Either way It shouldn't be to hard to recode.

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »

It simply doesn't work at all. I'm fairly sure I've placed it in the correct folders and set it up properly, but no (RECENTLY PLAYED) shows up on any maps, ever.

Perhaps I've set it up wrong, what's the way you do it?

BipolarDiZ
Poster

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:34 AM »

All you do is make a lua file in orangebox/garrysmod/lua/autorun/server/ and put in the script. Make sure to add a line to your cfg like: "sv_mapcooldown" "5"

BipolarDiZ is bipolar.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Restrict Last Maps Played « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length