Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:06:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Invisible fire?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invisible fire?  (Read 3454 times)
Boler
Poster

Horrible killer of threads.

« on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

I was playing TTT for the first time yesterday, and while I was pissing off some people for being new (xenophobic bastards), out of the blue I heard the "I'm on fire" sound effects and died. After asking around a bit, I was finally told that someone shot me with a flare gun. The only problem with this is that I never saw any fire, or any 'flare' for that matter.

I kept playing for about an hour and started noticing that I can't see fire in this gamemode. I don't think it's a problem with Gmod specifically, because I've caught things on fire plenty of times while goofing off in single player. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just shit out of luck here?
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »

Its some directX related problem. What I've found has fixed it is unmounting portal, assuming you have it mounted. I heard its something about the portal fire messing with the gmod fire that makes it invisible.
This worked for me back on my old pc and for a few others. I think there's another way to fix it though.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »

You can enable a placeholder for fire by setting "ttt_fire_fallback 1" in the console. The convar is clientside and will be saved. This is obviously not a fix, but a workaround that will at least let you see molotov flames and such, if nothing else works.
Boler
Poster

Horrible killer of threads.

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

Both posts noted, thanks.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »

I heard its something about the portal fire messing with the gmod fire that makes it invisible.

Ah, good memories. I've also found Day of Defeat interferes, although the fix seems to be the necessity of unmounting Portal alone for most people with the fire issue.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Invisible fire? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length