Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:54:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_castle_2011
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Release] ttt_castle_2011  (Read 5994 times)
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« on: May 17, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »

Hello everyone. I would like to show you my map, ttt_castle_2011.  This is my first map (well, first i've released. Obviously i've done tests and practices before this) and i'm very happy with how it turned out.

Here's a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09t6u4TahU
(how do I embed videos here?)

Here's some pics:

And here is the download:
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/155933

I came here because this is the heart of TTT, and I would like some feedback from you guys, and not trolls.

-Pete
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:06:02 AM by Shifty Pete »

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/shifty_pete
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

Well I'm confused... what are you going for here? as the doors are not very period to the time of a castle, the light have lightbulbs in them... i guess you are not going for a period piece map but more so that of a renovated castle?

Other then those things i would say its a nice map, everything else fits but they do just look all odd together, probably best suited for a 16 man server nothing any higher as its probably a bit too small and will result in c4 spam or something similar, but nice map overall especially for a first map.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »

Yeah, It is a modern renovated castle. Mostly because I don't want to make my own models, textures, etc.

Also, it has an underground area shown in the video, and you can get on the outside walls, so C4 isn't THAT powerful. Although i remember many times when someone says "C4 in fireplace/bathroom!" Most people run to the top or outside so they don't get hurt, but stupid people stay inside, so I guess it's their own fault if they die.

I can tell you that the more people playing the map, the more fun it is.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:56:29 PM by Shifty Pete »

GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

I played on this the other day.  It was pretty fun, actually.  It's interesting to play a more vertical map.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »

The detail is a bit bare, but definetly 100% better than the castle type map I made.
Robin
Poster

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »

Pros:
-Great Textures
-Fun places to hide bodys
Cons:
-None Really
Suggestions:
-A Traitor Passage, Leads to a special room with a few 'surprises' like:
A Spike room (With metal doors)
-Flame room (A lot of flames fill the room

Yo Yo Need Server Support? Your Host UKLame? PM Me and I shall "Help" you.
(FREE)
TheSlyder
Poster

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »

It's by no means a spectacular map, but there's one thing that made it an absolutely horrible map: Traps.

To my knowledge, there are two areas of the map that trap and kill you if you enter them. No warnings, no signs, no special textures, the trap areas are absolutely inconspicuous, and there doesn't seem to be any way to escape it or avoid it without already knowing about it. It kills anyone and everyone, traitor or innocent. My first time playing the map as a traitor was when I found one, walking through the underground labyrinth and getting trapped/killed. I thought someone had activated a trap, only to find out that it's an automatic event.

Why would you think this was a good idea? To just kill off players for doing nothing but exploring your map. If these traps didn't exist in the map, it might be more acceptable and even a little fun (If plain and boring) but as it currently is, there's no way I can imagine anybody wanting to play on it.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 10:01:48 PM »

Isn't Robin permabanned? What's that, BKU?

Also nice map. Uploadin' to my server
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »

Isn't Robin permabanned? What's that, BKU?

Also nice map. Uploadin' to my server

Look at date of post derp.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »

Look at date of post derp.

alright
jarro
Poster

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »

Hey I just played this map on some russian server and it rocks ! Keep it up..
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »

there are two areas of the map that trap and kill you if you enter them. No warnings, no signs, no special textures, the trap areas are absolutely inconspicuous, and there doesn't seem to be any way to escape it or avoid it without already knowing about it.

Blood splatters

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Release] ttt_castle_2011 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length