Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:12:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Game is "corrupt"
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game is "corrupt"  (Read 3925 times)
frank
Poster

« on: May 08, 2011, 02:38:54 AM »

I have a problem with my TTT linux server. It does not show up in the server browser because the game that it is seems to not be recognised. Additionally, attempting to join the server off a friend in your steam friend's list says "You do not have this 3rd party mod installed".

You can find the server by adding it manually, or using the console connect command.

The game shows up as below:

I did a fresh install of the gamemode, as well as the entire server, and neither of these options fixed the issue. The server is up to date.

All the cstrike content is there, and the server is, to the best of my knowledge, configured correctly. In the startup options, terrortown is defined as the gamemode.

There are no issues showing up in the console, and nothing out of the ordinary shows up in the server logs.

Finally, the server has the most recent metamod and sourcemod (so that it can use our global sourcebans database).

This is a pressing issue, as it means nobody will ever "find" the server, unless they are told to go to it directly from a community member, or stumble across our forums.

Thanks
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:25 AM »

Have you tried any other gamemodes? Seems like a host issue if I'm reading this correctly.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:25:36 AM »

Indeed, it seems more likely that this is a GMod issue (because GMod's linux srcds build is horrible) or perhaps srcds itself. You already have CS:S installed, so you could try running that, see if it works. If yes, try GMod with the sandbox gamemode.
frank
Poster

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »

Yeh. Sandbox isn't working either.

It is a very strange hosting issue (i.e. it is apparently getting information from another server that is in no way connected to it), so I don't need any more information TTT related.

Thanks for the quick, and correct, responses!
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »

Game is "corrupt"
« on: Yesterday at 02:38:54 AM »

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:42:25 AM »

Quick ?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »

Game is "corrupt"
« on: Yesterday at 02:38:54 AM »

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:42:25 AM »

Quick ?

Faster than facepunch.
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »

I thought linux server are not supported anymore with GMOD, Garry said he doesnt wanna fix the binaries.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Game is "corrupt" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length