Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:19:27 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug with corpses?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug with corpses?  (Read 3393 times)
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« on: April 30, 2011, 07:19:11 AM »

I don't know if it's happening only on my server but sometimes I see invisible corpses that I can't identify.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

Known issue. For some reason the game doesn't always remove ragdolls properly on the client when they get removed on the server. It's a gmod/Source bug, but it's so hard to reproduce (I've never gotten it to happen in my testing) that garry will never fix it.

I suppose I could write a concommand that you could run on your server when you see an invisible corpse. It would print some information to the console that might help me find a workaround.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:32:25 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:21 AM »

Yeah, do it
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:45:24 AM »

If you see the message and not a body, as long as the server doesn't have something to make bodies invisible just ignore it :P
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »

Do you run the SVN version? I just committed r1053, which should improve the hiding of these broken prop_ragdolls. If it all works correctly they won't show up on your target ID as "unidentified corpse" anymore. The only way to detect them now is hitting them with the crowbar somehow.

I was able to test this by hiding a normal corpse, so a special concommand won't be necessary.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug with corpses? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length