Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:05:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Just putting this here since I'm still curious
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just putting this here since I'm still curious  (Read 4451 times)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« on: April 23, 2011, 02:45:04 AM »

Well, on my server, because of a shop that has upgrades that you can buy, gamemode files have to be modified. When the orange box updated, sourcemod, obviously, was broken. Since it was broken, I tried to use Fretta's map voting system to replace what we usually use, rtv.

So you ask, "What's the problem here? You use Fretta's map voting, and then everyone was happy? Cool story, bro."

Since I have to modify gamemode files, and because of Garry's Mod steam updates overwrite any changes made to gamemodes/terrortown/, I duplicate the version of TTT I'm using as vanilla, then make the proper changes and rename the folder to something else. So "terrortown" in this example would be called "terrortownmoddedsomething". If I tried to start that gamemode, the custom one, it worked. All the changes stayed. No errors occurred.

"So what's the fucking problem and why did you post this?"

If I used the custom gamemode with Fretta's map voting enabled, it somehow changed the gamemode (It changed the gamemode after Fretta's voting changed the map. The server started up with it). No, not to the default TTT. It seemed corrupted from what I could tell. The gamemode name was "Trouble In Terrorist Town", didn't have a gamemode version, all the changes I made were reverted, and on "Preparing" it had "00:00" next to it, not changing the timer.

After this, I eventually updated sourcemod, and switched back to that instead of Fretta's voting. I still do not know why that happened, which it did, every time it seemed. What could have caused that, any ideas? We didn't get any errors, console logs didn't show much.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 02:48:05 AM by Mr. Gash »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »

Just a side question, do you use SM for anything else besides voting?
I could give you my TTT-friendly RTV script if you want.
You can't change maps in the middle of rounds, so traitors always get their full round in.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:35:51 AM »

I'd actually love if you send me that, and mostly Sourcemod is only for voting, yes.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »

Oh just an fyi, this also includes something to prevent players from spamming chat.
It hooks onto radio commands and acts like they are regular chat as well.

http://solidfiles.com/d/079f/

You can look inside and see the lua folder. That folder goes in your garrysmod/garrysmod/ folder.

I already modded it to change to the gamemode "terrortownmoddedsomething" but if that's not the right name, just edit the lines 243, 272, 306, and 318 in lua/autorun/server/rtv.lua

You need to make a textfile called exactly 'maplist.txt' and put it in your garrysmod/garrysmod/ folder as well.
It should contain at least 7 maps, each separated by just one new line, NOTHING else.
I included an example in the zip file.

Anyone else is welcome to use this as well.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 01:11:21 AM »

It would actually be better if you uploaded it to pastebin since it's just a Lua file, and I don't need the spamming script, but thanks anyway :P
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 12:41:10 AM »

Well, on my server, because of a shop that has upgrades that you can buy, gamemode files have to be modified.

Not true, the PEZ vip system runs off a mysql database and does not interfere with any game mode files.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »

Not true, the PEZ vip system runs off a mysql database and does not interfere with any game mode files.

I... never said it was the VIP system?
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »

It would actually be better if you uploaded it to pastebin since it's just a Lua file, and I don't need the spamming script, but thanks anyway :P

It's 2 lua files, and the spam thing is in one of them, so you can edit that part out if you want.
They need to be placed in the right folders and named correctly, so I didn't just give you the pastebin.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:19 AM »

It's 2 lua files, and the spam thing is in one of them, so you can edit that part out if you want.
They need to be placed in the right folders and named correctly, so I didn't just give you the pastebin.

Nah it's fine, just recently we added a lua-based rtv almost exactly as the sourcemod version. I guess this thread doesn't need any more discussion since BKU has probably seen it and doesn't care or know.

/thread
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Just putting this here since I'm still curious « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length