Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:45 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Is it just me, or...
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it just me, or...  (Read 5737 times)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« on: April 15, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »

Are bodies not showing the information about them when you look at them? Like "Unidentified body", or "Body of Mr. Gash", etc... Recently updated, now it's doing this.
Mr. Wepz.
Poster

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »

Same problem + Search sounds doesnt work + Right top corner popup sounds doesnt work either + When I hit a barrel with a crowbar my Gmod crashes, same goes for my friends.

Edit: Probebly something with ragdolls because of Left 4 Dead support in Gmod now, not sure.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:04:33 PM by Mr. Wepz. »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »

Same problem here, everything can't be seen on bodies from afar, not sure if this is a feature or a bug (probably the latter) sound is really strange for me too... like mics will get quiet for no reason and sounds won't play very well or whatever...

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:12:40 PM »

Should be obvious none of that's a feature. From his twitter I gather garry has had to fix a lot of issues because of the recent engine update, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's still the case tomorrow.

The updated stuff in gmod itself shouldn't require any TTT changes. I would expect any problems that arise to exist throughout gmod, and therefore require fixing in gmod as well.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

Worked out the sound thing, all sounds are quietened down a bit when you start to speak, meaning really low sounds already when being played at the same time as speaking will cause them to be rather hard to hear. Guess its something just falling inline with the recent ear posing thing.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
BaconManRules
Poster

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »

Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:46:59 PM by BaconManRules »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »

I'll be testing a bit, see what's up exactly.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 01:27:50 PM »

This is affecting sandbox as well, for example when you use the wheel toolgun (or thruster, or dynamite, etc) and aim at a ragdoll, the preview wheel acts as if there is no ragdoll there. You also can't apply decals to them with the paint tool, which I'm pretty sure used to work.

So clientside traces are not hitting ragdolls. This is a bug in gmod or the engine, nothing I can do about it.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »

Well i guess there is nothing else for it, wait for garry or valve to fix the problem, assuming they care and are willing to get around to it at any point soon. It does make the game allot harder though as you cant' kill people for hiding an unidentified body in front of you, or generally leaving a room with one in (unless you immediately check but by then they are behind you with a shotgun...)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Wepz.
Poster

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 05:47:12 PM »

Well yeah thx for trying BKU but yeah thats... Lame :l
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »

-snip: host issues.-
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:47:19 PM by Mr. Gash »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Is it just me, or... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length