Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:34:58 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Client-side addon installed on a server.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Client-side addon installed on a server.  (Read 3120 times)
Rayne Mercury
Poster

« on: April 07, 2011, 11:01:37 PM »

I have a client-only addon (SharpeYe) that I wish to have available for use on my server. However, I'd like to keep it off by default and

A) Keep it a secret to anyone who didn't already have it installed, and only allow its use if the player had it installed to begin with (would this even require the addon be on the server? I guess what I want is to somehow have an exception for ScriptEnforcer, even if it is admin-only).

or

B) Still keep it off by default and give players the option to use it (by downloading it from the server, possibly).

or, worst case

C) Have it downloaded automatically and enabled by default, but easily turned off (the addon has this capability).

I am new to Lua scripting, and with my limited knowledge cannot think of a way to allow any of these. I tried, but the addon is scripted to not do anything if installed on a server. If you have experience with SharpeYe and know how to have it downloaded to the client (thus enabling options B and C), please let me know. Otherwise, any tips on how to get SharpeYe working without forcing everyone to use it?

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic this is, so to clarify, I will say that my server is a TTT-only server. This is why I posted it here. I know it's not a TTT-specific issue. If I am totally out of line for asking this here, just tell me now and I won't do it again, heh...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:32:14 AM by Rayne Mercury »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:34:12 AM »

AddCSLuaFile?
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Client-side addon installed on a server. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length