Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:57 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Credits As Rewards / Punishment?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Credits As Rewards / Punishment?  (Read 3171 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: April 02, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »

Hi guys, it's Epic Box here. In the ECG forums one of our members posted an interesting idea, I told him to post it on the TTT forums but he said he was quite busy, so I'm doing it for him. Here it goes anyways:

Quote from:  Curly Hooligan;34861
Just an idea to make credits for Traitors and Detectives more valuable and make people think twice about RDMing if they want their next Traitor round to be any fun.

Start basing the number of credits received by a Traitor or Detective on their karma, with full karma getting the full amount (and maybe a bonus credit) and as soon as you drop below 1000 karma you lose one credit (and maybe also the maximum number of credits you can hoard up) by 1, and another 1 for every 50 lost karma.

Another idea to do with credits would be to give Traitors a bonus credit each if the Traitors win consecutively, and Detectives get a bonus credit each if Innocents win consecutively.

I realise there's arguments against this idea, such as the difficulty to implement, and the fairness issues such as genuine accidental kills being penalised or Traitors being able to C4-spam because previous Traitor teams did well, but I just feel there's benefits to rewarding good play and punishing bad play with more than just "score" and "karma", which don't count for much even with the damage % modifiers.[/QUOTE]

What do you think? I think it's a pretty good idea.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »

Rewarding traitors for the actions of previous traitors does not seem like a good idea.

Basing credits on karma could work, although you could just increase karma penalties to worsen the damage reduction if you want karma to have more impact. Or lower the number of credits traitors get from various places (all of which are set by cvars) if you want fewer credits.

Regardless, I'm not planning to make any more big changes, and such a fundamental balance modification would be a big change. Only bugs, exploits, or small enhancements are likely to happen.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Credits As Rewards / Punishment? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length