Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:23 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Bug] DNA Scanner keeps scanning after Auto-Repeat is off
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Bug] DNA Scanner keeps scanning after Auto-Repeat is off  (Read 3344 times)
Xaymar
Poster

Owner of LevelNULL

« on: March 31, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

As I'm not sure where to file bugs, I'll post it here.

I recently noticed that the DNA Scanner kept repeating scans even after I turned Auto-Repeat off. I hope that this can be fixed as it hindered my process of finding a traitor as detective.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »

The only thing I find when testing is that it repeats once too often, ie. if you turn off auto-repeat while charging it will still auto-repeat the scan once before stopping. This is easy enough to fix, but not sure if that's what you mean.
Xaymar
Poster

Owner of LevelNULL

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »

It seems to depend on the Ping the player has to the server. For me it kept repeating until my ping went down to like 40-50ms where it still scanned once too often.
304ms -> repeats 7-8times more than wanted
243ms -> repeats 2-4times
120ms -> repeats 2 times
<80ms -> repeats 1 time
That's the results I've got after testing a short time.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »

So its what BKU describes but worse based on your lag, although 120ms is not that high of a ping personally i don't turn off auto scan so i couldn't say i have experienced this problem (why does anyone turn it off anyway?)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »

In that case the problem should at least be reduced after my fix, but if you're playing at 200+ ping (possibly with packet loss) you may want to keep auto-repeat disabled and keep manual control of your scanning, unless you specifically chase someone and know you won't be switching.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [Bug] DNA Scanner keeps scanning after Auto-Repeat is off « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length