Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:13:30 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Spy Sappin' mah Ideahs!
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spy Sappin' mah Ideahs!  (Read 8767 times)
Robin
Poster

« on: March 27, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »

My Ideas

[key:    red = Traitor Weapon Innocent Weapon Blue= detective Weapon   ]

Name                                           Description                                                                                 Cost
ID Stealer     Allows you to steal the ID of another player                                    1 Cred
ID Vision      Allows you to see if someone's using ID stealer                              1 cred
Fingerprint    Place DNA at a crime scene (Shows in logs at end round)                1 cred
Clean Hands   You can prove you didnt do it.( If you have you cant have DNA on corpse) 1 cred
Magnifying Glass Shows the other person's DNA (Traitor)                                     1 creds
Auto Matic   Place a killing machine that automaticly kills people for 15 secnds       1 creds    (Inf Ammo)
Anti Heat jacked Stops the Auto Matic from shooting you                                      1 cred

These are all non-original ideas
CREATED BY ROBIN

Any questions please just ask.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:18:18 PM by Robin »

Yo Yo Need Server Support? Your Host UKLame? PM Me and I shall "Help" you.
(FREE)
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:11:41 PM »

dont have things 2 creds makes the game about saving for credits not most efficient way of killing.

and long time no see robin.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:14:46 PM by sniperduck »

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Robin
Poster

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:09 PM »

LOL, Frucking Heckle sniperduck, dont you like hate me still

Yo Yo Need Server Support? Your Host UKLame? PM Me and I shall "Help" you.
(FREE)
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »

who ever said i hated you?

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:47:56 PM »

I think the finger print thing would be pretty awesome, but then detectives might not ever want to take dna. Everything else is eh.
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

ID stealer i epic, i played on a server with it. its friggin' epic

Cush
Poster

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:53 AM »

ID Stealer     Allows you to steal the ID of another player                                                    
- I think the reason this wasnt added originally is because it would cause a lot of problems with random killing/accusing and could cause people to be banned wrongfully, although that would be down to stupid admins. Also it would be terribly overpowered unless it had big limitations, being able to just change to another players name at will would make it way too easy and innocents would be constantly killing each other all the time as they are called out as traitors. The current disguiser works well because you can toggle it on/off and blend in with the crowd again, without it causing a massive deathmatch between Innocents every time it is used

ID Vision      Allows you to see if someone's using ID stealer                                              
- Would make the ID stealer completely pointless, and whoever was using it would be a free kill

Fingerprint    Place DNA at a crime scene (Shows in logs at end round)    
-Does this mean placing the DNA of an Innocent on a body? Could be interesting, but again it would just lead to detectives losing karma constantly because the DNA they are getting is false

Clean Hands   You can prove you didnt do it.( If you have you cant have DNA on corpse)
-Does this mean if you're Innocent and have it, you never leave DNA on a corpse? Kinda pointless, the only situation it handles is when an Innocent kills another Innocent, which shouldnt be happening anyway, and it also makes it kinda silly because an Innocent can prove their innocence by killing another Innocent.

Magnifying Glass Shows the other person's DNA (Traitor)                        
-No idea what this does, too overpowered if it has anything to do with grabbing a traitors DNA off a corpse when you normally wouldnt be able to, the whole point of DNA is so traitors need to make sure they are crafty and dont leave DNA, or stash the body so the DNA is gone before it is found. Being able to get the DNA back makes it too easy for the detective and takes a lot of control away from the traitors.

Auto Matic   Place a killing machine that automaticly kills people for 15 secnds        
-Overpowered, would be too easy to just drop down and run away, letting it reap you free kills. Especially on small maps where there are a lot of people in a small space. People wouldnt bother with knives or C4 if they could clear a corridor of people by dropping one of these and running away.

Anti Heat jacked Stops the Auto Matic from shooting you          
- Shouldnt be necessary to spend a credit just to prevent yourself from being killed by an automatic free kill dispenser

No offense intended, but I just dont think they are very good ideas (The majority of ones suggested for TTT arent very good, they are often creative and all but they are just too unbalanced to have in the game when you start to think of how they can be used and what effects they have on the gameplay)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:26:47 AM by Cush »
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »

No offense intended, but I just dont think they are very good ideas (The majority of ones suggested for TTT arent very good, they are often creative and all but they are just too unbalanced to have in the game when you start to think of how they can be used and what effects they have on the gameplay)

I agree, alot of ideas are like "oh i wish..." but don't do so well in-game. But the ID stealer could be balanced by you cant shoot as ID steeling, and/or only having a certain number of shots. But in either case I say get rid of being able to cloak as detective because then you wouldnt be able to trust the one person who is trust worthy.

Cush
Poster

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

Cloak as detective? That isnt a vanilla feature, must be a custom item on whichever server you play on.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »

Cloaking is not a vanilla feature.

And the problem with most of your ideas is that you're giving the Traitor artificial evidence to plant against the detective.

The traitor should be smart enough to either burn the body, shoot them from far enough away, or do it in a place with such little traffic that the DNA can decay naturally.

And the counters are far too specific to be worthwhile for a detective. Most would rather take the karma hit then waste a credit on one of those precautionary items.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »

Any equipment item that involves a special anti-item to make it balanced is badly designed and can never work in practice.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

I'm thinking about a flashbang for traitors, and an item for the detectives that allows you to see the 3 last words of a dead innocent (won't be useful if everyone is speaking on the mic).

Any equipment item that involves a special anti-item to make it balanced is badly designed and can never work in practice.

The defuser and decoy are still good  :P.

Cloak as detective? That isnt a vanilla feature, must be a custom item on whichever server you play on.

Someone made it on a french fretta server (with TTT) and, seriously, it's horrible.
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »

th cloaking thing was in terms of the ID stealer nothing to do with vanilla.

I agree with BKU things that  are an anti-whatever are useless in game because its well useless. You wont need it unless you KNOW you need it then once you use it most likely wont need to use it again.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:56:46 PM by sniperduck »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:42 PM »

The defuser and decoy are still good  :P.

Touché, though neither of those are entirely of the type "make <equipment item> not work", which is the true mark of an "anti-item". Decoys mess with the DNA Scanner, but the scanner is not a bought item, every Detective has one and will probably use it. Defuser makes C4 easy to defuse, but it doesn't let you see C4 locations on your HUD for example (it's still not a great item).
sniperduck
Poster

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 09:04:07 PM »

Actually with the new c4 look it is easier to disarm c4 and the defuser is less useful, almost useless.

1. most c4 has a small time limit and at most 2 wires will kill on a regularly used time
2. with only 2 wires it is very easy to defuse
3.its not usually bought or for that matter used.
4. before the defuser was used because their was much more of a penalty for getting code wrong
5.also it was used if their wasn't enough time to test codes but now its just hit use then click a random wire to defuse.

So I think the defuser should be removed with those 5 points in mind.
Just a thought :)

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

I know. There is nothing to gain by removing it. Nor is this thread about defusers.
Cush
Poster

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »

Also I'd like to point out that the defuser isnt required to defuse the C4,
Actually with the new c4 look it is easier to disarm c4 and the defuser is less useful, almost useless.

1. most c4 has a small time limit and at most 2 wires will kill on a regularly used time
2. with only 2 wires it is very easy to defuse
3.its not usually bought or for that matter used.
4. before the defuser was used because their was much more of a penalty for getting code wrong
5.also it was used if their wasn't enough time to test codes but now its just hit use then click a random wire to defuse.

So I think the defuser should be removed with those 5 points in mind.
Just a thought :)

The new C4 has its own advantages. The point is you can plant a fast 45s C4 which is noisy and people have an 80% chance of defusing it, or you can plant a 2-3 minute C4 which is much quieter and people are a lot more likely to get a bad wire. C4 is pretty balanced right now, I have seen people get 8 kills in one blast with it on Clue, you just have to plant it properly and keep an eye on it so nobody finds/defuses it, if you let people find and defuse it then give it to the detective you arent doing it right.

Decoy is exactly that: A quick distraction that can be destroyed easily by the detective or innocent.

Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »

I have seen people get 8 kills in one blast with it on Clue,

It is pretty easy to get a ton of kills on Clue though, the entire map is so small it is pretty difficult not to die by the C4.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Cush
Poster

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 10:30:12 PM »

It is pretty easy to get a ton of kills on Clue though, the entire map is so small it is pretty difficult not to die by the C4.

But its also easier to find C4.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »

But its also easier to find C4.

Not if you actually hide it well. My c4s almost never get found on clue.

Also my record for c4 kills is 11 with one c4 on a 16 person server.  :D
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Spy Sappin' mah Ideahs! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length