Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:50:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Maps not showing in vote?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maps not showing in vote?  (Read 4180 times)
Willdy
Poster

« on: March 14, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »

Clue is a well known TTT map and for some reason after the end of each map, it doesn't appear in the rotation :( Any idea why?

If I force change the map to it, it works but otherwise its impossible to play clue :/
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:45:14 PM »

what system are you using? fretta, RTV, votemap etc? anyway for different mods (some not all) there is a config/txt folder called maplist that stores all map rotational data

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 04:48:50 PM »

what system are you using? fretta, RTV, votemap etc? anyway for different mods (some not all) there is a config/txt folder called maplist that stores all map rotational data

Were using Freeta D:
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »

Yeah something i have actually been meaning to bring up because i have noticed a thing (never got round to posting) but it seems that all maps that don't include somthing a name such as TTT_ dm_ zm_ whatever i don't think it matters think its looking for the _ is not placed in the fretta votemap.

Something i mean to post, but its true of all maps that are plainly named things like clue, alcatraz etc won't show up in this list.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »

From past experience ive noticed adding ttt_ before it, it works. But surly, it will try and download the map with the new name? Plus ive seen it without any extension on other TTT servers who are using the default fretta mapvote.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »

Oh yeah it will download it with the new name thats just it its essentially having to re-create the map, i imagine there is a cfg for this in the server files somewhere just havn't looked yet (partly the reason i never posted about this) basically i am sure there is a maplist or something similar somewhere, and the rest are automatic.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:20:15 PM »

You have to change the orangebox/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/info.txt file (fretta_maps part not mappatern).
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

Frankly maps for TTT that don't have a ttt_ prefix are wrongly named. The game has no other way of telling TTT maps from other maps. The Fretta vote can't list every map, because you'd also get all the maps from other gamemodes (like sandbox) in there.

As said by Tommynator, you can manually work around this problem by adding the map names to the fretta_maps part of info.txt. For example,
        "fretta_maps"
       {
           "1" "^zm_"
           "2" "^ttt_"
           "3" "^dm_"
           "4" "^cs_"
           "5" "^de_"
       }

Would become
        "fretta_maps"
       {
           "1" "^zm_"
           "2" "^ttt_"
           "3" "^dm_"
           "4" "^cs_"
           "5" "^de_"
           "6" "^clue"
           "7" "^alcatraz"
       }

And so on for other maps. This way Fretta knows it should list those maps too.
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 07:58:19 PM »

I added

"6" "clue"

under fretta maps.

EDIT: Didn't see BKU's reply: Thanks :D
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Maps not showing in vote? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length