Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:52:00 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ttt_print_adminreport
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ttt_print_adminreport  (Read 5843 times)
Robin
Poster

« on: March 12, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »

Why can ONLY superadmins view when its an ADMIN report

Yo Yo Need Server Support? Your Host UKLame? PM Me and I shall "Help" you.
(FREE)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:43:50 PM »

Because it is very abusable, so admins can use it to cheat. Server owners can give the admins that are responsible enough not to do that superadmin, while still having normal admins to ban obvious trolls/hackers/griefers and do other tasks.

The name is irrelevant, it wouldn't help anyone if they had to type a longer command.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:45:54 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »

If you are looking for some basic things to help being an admin at the end of each round you can print the damagelog (regardless of your status) so you can see who shot at who first etc etc

I do believe its TTT_PRINT_damagelog but don't quote me on that being the command (binding keys makes me lazy)

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 11:01:39 PM »

Because it is very abusable, so admins can use it to cheat. Server owners can give the admins that are responsible enough not to do that superadmin, while still having normal admins to ban obvious trolls/hackers/griefers and do other tasks.

The name is irrelevant, it wouldn't help anyone if they had to type a longer command.

Isn't ttt_print_traitors admin only, though?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 09:18:15 AM »

No?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 07:46:01 PM »

I thought it was awhile ago, nevermind then.
Robin
Poster

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:00:06 PM »

I think it should be variable o you can make it so admins can view and arent admins admins since they're trusted NOT to abuse that command etc.

(FREE)
Willdy
Poster

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »

I think it should be variable o you can make it so admins can view and arent admins admins since they're trusted NOT to abuse that command etc.

You can allow the lower level admin group to use it, which admin addon are you using?
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »

If they're trusted give them the RCON pass so they can use ttt_print_damagelog, ttt_print_traitors and ttt_print_adminreport.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 12:24:22 AM »

If they're trusted give them the RCON pass so they can use ttt_print_damagelog, ttt_print_traitors and ttt_print_adminreport.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 01:45:24 AM »

Superadmin is probably a little less power than Rcon. At least you can limit what a Superadmin can do.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 08:26:33 AM »

I could make the usergroup a player must have into a cvar (so the default value would be "superadmin"). But I'm not going to do that if I don't see any current server owners/admins say the system as it is now is a problem for them.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »

I would prefer it stays as SuperAdmin.
Due to my donators having "Admin" rank.
They have no Admin powers (everything in Admin rank is disabled), It's just that I need to give them Admin rank, for the reserved slot access, and access to the cross server chat.

Granted this is just for my setup, However their might be other servers that use the same kind of config.
However if the cvar was added, as long as it defaults to superadmin, I guess there would be no problems.....

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Robin
Poster

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »

No, I mean you can use a concommand to pick what group you wish to have access to which commands i.e.

ttt_allow_commands admin

ttt_disallow_commands admin

ttt_allow_print_traitors admin

ttt_allow_print_adminreport admin

etc. etc.

Just for ease, I own 3 TTT Servers and im constantly getting 9yr olds asking for the admin report from JUST admins and they CANT get it, also the admin thing arent they admins BECAUSE they are there to protect the server???

(FREE)
Robin
Poster

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »

What Admin mod you using?

Evolve

(FREE)
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ttt_print_adminreport « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length