Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: How to get players to join? Help :(
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How to get players to join? Help :(  (Read 9253 times)
Kingen50cent
Poster

« on: March 03, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »

So what i'm asking for is how do i get players to join my server,
there must be a way of getting loads of players to their server,
i mean there's a server which i'm very jealous of that has their spots full every day and it's exactly like mine a TTT server,
i wanna get my server that populated or a bit less, like 7-8 players daily & active would be great.

I just wanna know how? :(
Cush
Poster

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:31 PM »

You basically need to keep it full with friends and such as much as possible...After you get quite a few players in, people will start joining randomly from the list, then from there its a case of getting it on peoples favourites and making sure it is filled at least at peak times, so people keep coming back.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »

You basically need to keep it full with friends and such as much as possible...After you get quite a few players in, people will start joining randomly from the list, then from there its a case of getting it on peoples favourites and making sure it is filled at least at peak times, so people keep coming back.

This exactly.  I started a pretty solid community all of a sudden after I decided one day to join with my brother, prompting random people to join (many of which are still regulars today).  People like to join servers that have players in them, but you don't have to have 19 people or something ridiculous like that--many TTT players prefer small servers.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »

This exactly.  I started a pretty solid community all of a sudden after I decided one day to join with my brother, prompting random people to join (many of which are still regulars today).  People like to join servers that have players in them, but you don't have to have 19 people or something ridiculous like that--many TTT players prefer small servers.

I would have to disagree people enjoy a multitude of different sizes, as i am sure you are aware @ ECG we have a 30 man TTT server its always busy busier then our standard 16 man server, its not all about the player limit.

Its about the content, the community, the admins and your friends basically you all need to make the community work get a good base, make sure you stay on top of admins and for the love of god don't sell it.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:40 AM »

I would have to disagree people enjoy a multitude of different sizes, as i am sure you are aware @ ECG we have a 30 man TTT server its always busy busier then our standard 16 man server, its not all about the player limit.

Its about the content, the community, the admins and your friends basically you all need to make the community work get a good base, make sure you stay on top of admins and for the love of god don't sell it.

I said many players.  Just saying that it's not necessary to have a huge number of people in order to have people play or become regulars.
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »

I heard people doesn't like customs, they overpower the whole game,
My server is a normal TTT server just like the others with no customs.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »

I heard people doesn't like customs, they overpower the whole game,
My server is a normal TTT server just like the others with no customs.

Just an FYI we call servers with no customization to the server a "vanilla" server you know like the ice cream.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

I heard people doesn't like customs

Obviously quite a few people like it.  I don't, but how else would custom servers thrive?  But, on the other hand, you're right--quite a few people don't like customs.

Keep in mind that some servers, while advertised as vanilla (meaning no additional weapons or core modifications), have custom elements.  Examples include masks and (excessive) non-default CVARs.  A lot of people also don't regard higher player limits as part of the vanilla experience, as I have already covered, while others prefer them.  It really comes down to what type of crowd you're trying to attract.

We really can't tell you how you should set your server up without bias derived from personal preference.  Just do what you want and attract good, regular players.  Then you'll be fine.
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »

So customs isnt needed to get players to stay and play my server? Thanks in case.
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 04:45:15 AM »

I'll always support a vanilla server, what's your info?
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:30:40 AM »

Thanks mustang,
> 69.197.191.224:27015 <
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »

I joined for a little while today, and the server seems to have a bit of a lag problem. All my actions like opening doors or going up/down ladders take a few seconds to actually happen, and my walking seems to stutter a lot. I'm not sure if this is a server issue or if it was the guy with 300 ping, but if it's a consistent issue it'll probably keep the server empty as it's very annoying to play with
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »

Mustang, my server is running on Xenonservers, theres a guy called forgotten he runs his server there and it averages about 18 players with no lag at all so i don't think my server would do it too as it's only TTT with no custom content.

So it has to be that guy with 300 ping.
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »

I thought we got past the "That guy has 3 bazzilion ping he must be the cause of our lag." phase.

Oh well, also

Xenon Servers

I'm sorry.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »

Whats your point NaP what are you trying to say?
Mustang
Poster

Dirty sneaky traitor

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 12:22:05 AM »

I thought we got past the "That guy has 3 bazzilion ping he must be the cause of our lag." phase.

Oh well, also
I'm sorry.

It was the only visible anomaly that I could come up with
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:13 AM »

Whats your point NaP what are you trying to say?

I'm saying we had Xenon for a while, shitsucked
Switched servers.

Notingsucked.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Kingen50cent
Poster

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:52 AM »

So what server should i switch too any ideas..
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »

Try GamingDeluxe. They are bloody great!

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
sniperduck
Poster

|:NxS:| Staff! :D

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »

I prefer small servers, it gives me a sense of being noticed and that goes for other people who join. That feeling makes us have (usually) a sense communication and liking of the server thus giving a good impression.

Also i like modded servers because it can give the game a twist you didn't think of it gives you the ability to work your traitor or detective round in different ways you usually couldn't do.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:41:17 PM by sniperduck »

Overtime these forums have made me an asshole. ;D (TTT subforum)
|:NxS:| Custom TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Vanilla TTT Server: source.nxs-gaming.com:27016
|:NxS:| Fretta: <COMING SOON>
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: How to get players to join? Help :( « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length