Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:59 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_slumcity_b2
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_slumcity_b2  (Read 5884 times)
Redcow
Poster

« on: February 20, 2011, 08:17:57 PM »

*B1 was pulled due to an issue with the map.*

Here are the changes in B2:
-Fixed some bugs
-Added ladders
-Added 2 traitor features
-Changed how spectator teleporting works
-Removed a lua entity that wasn't supposed to be in the original map
-Removed 1st popup (left the spectator one, though)

Download:

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=118187

----

(Hard to see in screenshot, but the below picture is a section of the spectator room)

NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:40:47 AM »

The map still has the code for changing your player model in it.
Granted not as bad as the code for making you Traitor.

Just thought I would let you know incase anyone else sees that and decides not to add your map.

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »

Yeah he intentionally left that there. However it was an accident when he left the traitor thing back in version one.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 07:07:37 AM »

Still stupid. Ad for the spectator room is stupid too, considering you "spawn" there when you die.

Also, there's a ladder that is broken on the side of the main building, might want to get that fixed.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »

Still stupid. Ad for the spectator room is stupid too, considering you "spawn" there when you die.

Also, there's a ladder that is broken on the side of the main building, might want to get that fixed.

If you can't deal with a TNS logo in the spectator room, don't play this map or any of my maps.

Over at TNS we're proud of the maps we make, and it will be displayed.  Bitch and whine, but it's not my fault you don't have mappers.  I find it annoying to say the least when people complain about 2 logos on the map.  If you don't agree that's fine, but to go and whine about it literally will not change a single thing.  So just don't bother.

Slumcity, 67thway, cloverfield, and a new map that is getting released soon all will have the logo.  If you don't like it, find different maps.  Part of our community is mapping, and we like to make people aware of that.

Also,
I know about the ladder, i'll fix it in the next and probably final version.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:17:53 AM by Redcow »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »

"proud to advertise on other peoples servers" Main reason why i'm not uploading. I hate the audacity of people when it comes to sticking a label on shit.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

I was referring to the logo on the billboard, actually. It's tacky and tasteless.

Seems to me you're the one whining about someone giving you feedback about your map. Chill bro.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:12:32 PM »

If you can't deal with a TNS logo in the spectator room, don't play this map or any of my maps.

Over at TNS we're proud of the maps we make, and it will be displayed.  Bitch and whine, but it's not my fault you don't have mappers.

Uh, I am a mapper who endorses DNR and gives them the first copy of my maps, as well as test versions, and enjoys playing on their servers, but when I make my maps I don't feel the need to put gigantic advertisements for the community. It totally breaks any immersion the map can create, and just isn't good practice for a mapper. If you want to have a mention, make it an easter egg or something.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »

I was referring to the logo on the billboard, actually. It's tacky and tasteless.

Seems to me you're the one whining about someone giving you feedback about your map. Chill bro.

I like feedback, negative, or positive.  It helps me improve.  But this isn't even about the map it's self.  Go play an original TnB roleplay map and tell me you won't see a big ass logo on a billboard.

This map was designed for TNS servers, I just released it to others who may want to play it.  To whine about a custom texture is more tacky than the texture it's self.  It's on our server, designed for our server, like many of the other maps in production right now.  It doesn't distract people in the middle of gameplay and make them say "I must stop playing to look at that extremely distracting advertisement which draws away from the map".

I've played with people, that doesn't happen.  Like I said, if you don't like it, don't play it.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:18:56 PM by Redcow »
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:43 PM »

I'm going to stop this discussion because it's getting stupid. I like your maps quite a bit. Just wish you didn't have ads, that's all.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:54:26 PM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_slumcity_b2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length