Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Player stats / ranking ?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Player stats / ranking ?  (Read 4507 times)
madcap
Poster

« on: February 04, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »

Is this possible to do with TTT?
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »

Like as in HLStats?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
madcap
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:48:54 PM »

Yeah but apparently hlstats won't work with ttt cause there's no score logs
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:52:09 AM »

Their are scores... anyway game tracker keeps scores not the most efficient system and logs are outside of server but if they do it i am sure a system can be put in place. But the problem being its not really a competitive game.

But if you mean logs like idk [playername] has been traitors x amount of times etc etc that would need to be custom.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Liru
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:47:02 AM »

While stats are a good idea, I don't see player ranking being accurate at all. How well you do is proportional to how good other people are. While that's true in most games, there's a difference: in Quake, for instance, a decent measure of skill on a server would be KDR, since as your skills increase, your killing ability increases and your dying decreases (ideally). You can use a combination of kills and deaths to calculate ranking and adjust for time spent on the server.

In TTT, it's completely different, since everything that moves isn't KOS. You can't just go around killing people, since that's RDM. If you're a traitor, it might be good (even though there's a lot of other factors like causing chaos, uncertainty and damage), but if you're innocent, stats can be skewed. You can be instakilled by traitors without warning, skewing your rank. You can be RDM'd for no reason, adding to a death. You can have people joining and acting like idiots or "attacking" others, forcing you to kill them and reduce your rank further. You can have new people who are not sure what to do in the game do something a regular would see as a traitorous act (i.e. not ID'ing a body), making you attack them, again reducing your rank. The list of problems goes on and on.

However, if properly accounted for, a HLStats-like system might be able to work, if not for traitors constantly targeting the highest-ranking people first.

Redditor? Join the TTT reddit:
http://ttt.reddit.com
madcap
Poster

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:23 AM »

If you're a better player you will end up having more kills as traitor, more traitor kills, and a higher score in general. The k/death ratio doesn't mean much but that's obviously not how the rank will be determined.
madcap
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »

So no one can do this?
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:34:48 PM »

I am sure it could be done but most likely a lua verison would have to be made. Hooking it up to hlxstats would not work well.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Player stats / ranking ? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length