Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:30:09 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: "hackers"
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "hackers"  (Read 13777 times)
Thelol182
Poster

« on: February 03, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

Hi i got one dude in my server telling me that he can se names thrue evrything dosnt matter how far away he is, and he told me hes not usin any hack dont know for sure tho ^^

And ive got ALOT of ppl rdming the traitor, there reason "he pulled out a knife" when they havent even bought anything (happend to me several times)

Is there anything i can add to server to stop this? or a command line in server.cfg ? thanks
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »

thats when you are SPECTATOR, you can see all names.

As for the other, you can't tell who the traitor is unless they equip a traitor weapon, then the hacks realise it, and flag him as traitor.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »

im talkin round start here they go on to traitor shoot his head and kill him NO REASON rdm hasnt even been 10 sec and they only rdm the traitor to.. always saying same thing he took out a knife ...

And im not talkin about spectators im talkin about living ones those who are playing
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »

"Hi i got one dude in my server telling me that he can se names thrue evrything dosnt matter how far away he is, and he told me hes not usin any hack dont know for sure tho ^^ "

Then he is using a hack.

You can't physically tell who the traitor is until they have a traitor weapon. Therefore, if he didnt have a weapon, the person who shot him is just an RDMer, not a hacker.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:40:54 PM »

This is precisely why we need logging of traitor weapon purchases somewhere. I was on a server where like 3 or 4 people were doing this exact same thing, even without purchasing a traitor weapon the T's would get shot without any reason whatsoever. (No, this wasn't a single round - it went on for 3 maps straight.)

To combat this, you're in the best position of them all as the server owner - you know they are lying when they claim you had a knife and the easiest solution is to watch them and promptly ban them if they continue RDMing.

The guy is actually using an ESP hack (I believe that's what it's called) if he can see people's names through walls, unless the server has a plugin enabling this, of course.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

oh sorry my bad for that text. he told me to get something called "kac" lol

Edit: he posted before me. exactly that problem Braegh said. and yeah i have Perma banned those who has done it.

as far as i know i havent enabled anything like that or downloaded plugin for that :s
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:45:51 PM by Thelol182 »
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 02:48:18 PM »

Btw first time the guy killed me when i was traitor he said sorry misclick.
so i left took my ULX admin off and changed name, rejoined and he did it again to me perma banned him with SM
Braegh
Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »

KAC

From the looks of it, it's an anti-cheat system that checks the client for major cheating cvars. I don't see how he would know you're not using it if he's not cheating. =)
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »

when i googled it i couldnt really find anything good ^^ ive installed it on my server :)
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

ok this kac fail "Disconnect: You have been kicked for command spamming."  keep getting that ... -.-
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 06:15:30 PM »

Try setting up its ConVars properly.

Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »

All i get is a .smx file for kac
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »

At the moment, Baconbot, Sethhack and Faphack are the popular "hacks", or cheats, for garrysmod. Baconbot is down at the moment, faphack you need your own scriptenforcer bypass for, and sethhack forces the cvar sv_cheats to 1 when you join. So, yes, KAC is most likely the best option at the moment. Unless you have a good anti-cheat.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:29 AM »

At the moment, Baconbot, Sethhack and Faphack are the popular "hacks", or cheats, for garrysmod. Baconbot is down at the moment, faphack you need your own scriptenforcer bypass for, and sethhack forces the cvar sv_cheats to 1 when you join. So, yes, KAC is most likely the best option at the moment. Unless you have a good anti-cheat.

Incorrect, SethHack only forces sv_Cheats to 1 if you are using its speedhack, or mat_fullbright .

Baconbot is dead, Avaster's now teamed up with Seth (SethHack)

Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 09:08:05 AM »

Incorrect, SethHack only forces sv_Cheats to 1 if you are using its speedhack, or mat_fullbright .

Baconbot is dead, Avaster's now teamed up with Seth (SethHack)

Quote from:  "Line 901 to 916"

function SH.InitPostEntity()
        SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "sv_cheats", ""), "1" )
        SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "sv_allow_voice_from_file", ""), "1" )
        if( SH.funcs.GetCVNum("sh_fullbright") == 1 ) then
                SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "mat_fullbright", ""), "1" )
        end
        if( SH.funcs.GetCVNum("sh_chams") == 1 ) then
                SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "r_drawothermodels", ""), "2" )
        end

for k, v in pairs( team.GetAllTeams() ) do
                if( k != 0 && k != 1001 && k != 1002 ) then
                        table.insert( SH.teamlist, v )
                end
        end
end[/quote]

Quote from:  ""
function SH.Speedhack()
        if( SH.vars.speed ) then
                SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "host_timescale", ""), SH.funcs.GetCVStr("sh_speedhack_speed") )
        else
                SH.funcs.ForceCVar( CreateConVar( "host_timescale", ""), "1" )
        end
        speed = !speed
end[/quote]

Looks to me like it sets it to 1, then if you change the speedhack all it does it change host_timescale. If I'm wrong, then blame me writing this while tired.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 03:26:58 PM »

kac is probebly nothing for me, if i se anyone hacking il just permaban em,,, or other admin does ^^
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »

Looks to me like it sets it to 1, then if you change the speedhack all it does it change host_timescale. If I'm wrong, then blame me writing this while tired.

Sure you have the latest SH code? Because it doesn't set sv_cheats to 1 by default, im sure of it, when i load SH up, and type sv_cheats, its set to 0 until i enable mat_fullbright, or speedhack.

Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 06:53:20 PM »

Sure you have the latest SH code? Because it doesn't set sv_cheats to 1 by default, im sure of it, when i load SH up, and type sv_cheats, its set to 0 until i enable mat_fullbright, or speedhack.

I have V2, but it's most likely outdated. And what you said about baconbot is the reason why I can't seem to actually find the current version of it, lol. Mind sending me the version you have in a PM? I'd like to see it.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 09:43:18 PM »

Would you mind giving the latest files for anti-cheat purposes? I don't need your account information.
Oh Mr.Gash, in case you haven't figured out, he uses a module to load the cheat.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:44:36 PM by StormX »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 12:48:43 PM »

Would you mind giving the latest files for anti-cheat purposes? I don't need your account information.
Oh Mr.Gash, in case you haven't figured out, he uses a module to load the cheat.

As long as you give me the anti-cheat afterwards :)

Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: "hackers" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length