Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:25:57 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ppl can still chat while dead
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ppl can still chat while dead  (Read 6294 times)
Thelol182
Poster

« on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »

hi i just started my own 32 slot TTT
And it got populated the same day i lunched it but ppl could chat while dead with the console typing say the what they want to all and the short thingy wich make u say "im with ...", "...... acts suspicous"  spelling lol but how do i fix this cus ppl ghost while dead with this.... thanks
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:02:01 AM »

You have to set sv_alltalk to 0 on server.cfg
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

ok thanks, but wont that interupt the traitor chat with innocent?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »

ok thanks, but wont that interupt the traitor chat with innocent?

What? i am going to try and put this into something meaningful and take it as you think that traitors and innocents are set up in different teams during live gameplay this is false. Everyone is on the same team and team killing is always set to on making the game function.

This is a basic requirement for TTT as a game for alltalk to be set to 0 as it will throw up problems, also what admin mod are you using? if ULX be sure to remove from the groups.txt from the group user (regular people) the ulx psay command.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »

assmod thats what im using but im prob gonna change into Sourcemod ^^
Is there any decent vote plugins out? thats the main reason to go to SM  there are so much plugins, (im used to run css server xD )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:26:56 PM by Thelol182 »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »

assmod thats what im using but im prob gonna change into Sourcemod ^^
Is there any decent vote plugins out? thats the main reason to go to SM  there are so much plugins, (im used to run css server xD )

The one that comes packaged with sourcemod maybe?
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »

thought so,,,, well another problem ive got is the C4 u can disarm on wich wire u ever want to o.O or is it suppose to be like this? last time i played it was password and not wires to cut :/
But yeah how i fix this?
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »

The C4 wires are completely dependent upon the amount of time that the bombs are set to go off when initially set. This means that when a person sets the c4 for 45 seconds (min) only one wire when clipped will cause the C4 to explode. That number of wires when clipped to cause the c4 to go off is increased as the initial timer is increased (this is why when stupid innocents plant for 10 minutes it almost always explodes causing drastic karma loss typically)

So its not broken its just down to the initial timer set up and as most people hide C4's poorly and plant for 45 seconds most c4's will fail when found as there is a rather high percentage that the c4 will not explode when a wire is cut.

As far as i know there are no options as to which C4 you can use but there is always the option of custom coding/ running an older version of TTT

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »

The C4 wires are completely dependent upon the amount of time that the bombs are set to go off when initially set. This means that when a person sets the c4 for 45 seconds (min) only one wire when clipped will cause the C4 to explode. That number of wires when clipped to cause the c4 to go off is increased as the initial timer is increased (this is why when stupid innocents plant for 10 minutes it almost always explodes causing drastic karma loss typically)

So its not broken its just down to the initial timer set up and as most people hide C4's poorly and plant for 45 seconds most c4's will fail when found as there is a rather high percentage that the c4 will not explode when a wire is cut.

As far as i know there are no options as to which C4 you can use but there is always the option of custom coding/ running an older version of TTT

Hmm. Surely it would be a plan to set a timer for 10 minutes as traitor. Then although it will be found, it is more likely a silly innocent will try to disarm and fail than a detective being called. If the detective is called, this would be a perfect way of luring him to a specific spot.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:18 PM »

oh ok i see thanks never knew that :)
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »

Hmm. Surely it would be a plan to set a timer for 10 minutes as traitor. Then although it will be found, it is more likely a silly innocent will try to disarm and fail than a detective being called. If the detective is called, this would be a perfect way of luring him to a specific spot.

DNA doesn't time-out on equipment.  Any competent detective would shoo everyone unconfirmed out of the vacinity, and unless something is terribly wrong, a ten minute C4 should not explode in most circumstances.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 04:41:20 PM »

but yeah alltalk is 0 ppl can still talk while dead so u recomend me to use sourcemod to fix this? can only find so they r muted/gaged ,,, cant even talk to eachother that r dead...
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 01:21:57 AM »

ut yeah alltalk is 0 ppl can still talk while dead so u recomend me to use sourcemod to fix this? can only find so they r muted/gaged ,,, cant even talk to eachother that r dead...

Please, use correct grammar. u nt 6 u cn tk nrmly br0

Sourcemod wouldn't fix anything. Give detail about your problem. Do you get any errors when you join? Errors during gameplay? Type sv_alltalk in your console and hit enter, paste what it says.
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »

"11:55:59 "sv_alltalk" = "0"
          game notify
          - Players can hear all other players, no team restrictions"

Problem: When people are dead they chat with the living people not with ingame chat ("Y") but with the console command "say" Example in console: say Thelol182 is the traitor he killed me!!!!
understand now? ^^
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »

Using say in console will get the exact same result as type y doesn't matter shouldn't work if all talk is set to 0

How about post your cfg and we will have a look for some error / things you should change.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Thelol182
Poster

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »

nvm it works now i updated to V23 * now it all works :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:46:59 PM by Thelol182 »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ppl can still chat while dead « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length