Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town  (Read 16248 times)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:36 PM »

Over at [NNJG] we try to bring you the best we can offer, with additions to gameplay to make your experience fun and enjoyable.

[NNJG] means No Nerds Just Geeks, a clan that was made before it went into PC gaming, but is now mostly a GMod community.
Yes, our Trouble in terrorist town server is custom, and we think it is balanced. We don't care if you don't. See the gameplay on the server before complaining about our stuff.

Now that the server has changed IP's, school has started and everyone that had it in their favorites instead of being a part of our website doesn't know that the server
has a new IP. So in an attempt at gaining some more players, to get it populated enough to be noticed by the people who used to join regularly but weren't part of the community.

Now since that is out of the way, you're probably wondering "What custom equipment do you have"? Right? It's not only custom equipment.

Hitmarkers
Yes, hitmarkers. Our server shows hitmarkers every time you shoot someone, so you know when you shoot someone.

Rock the Vote
Like most servers, we have sourcemod, so if you don't like a map, just say RTV in chat (Please do it when the round is starting, we don't want any rtv's on an in-progress round. Traitors lose their turns at being traitors.).

Shop
Here at [NNJG], our Trouble in terrorist town server has a shop. If you kill an innocent as a traitor, you gain one point. If you kill a traitor as innocent or detective, you gain one point, etc..
With these points, you can buy Hats, Heads, Masks and our current items that are being worked on: Trails! You can sell the items after you buy them if you don't like them.
If you are VIP, every point that you would normally earn, gives you two.
Edit: We're adding an upgrade system, inventory system, and point-trading system. It should be added by 2-08-2011.

Custom equipment.

We have a variety of custom equipment, and we are open to ideas! If you want to see any of the equipment, drop on by!
If you would like to suggest new equipment, head on over to our Forums!

If you want to donate, or view the MOTD file, click Here.

Thank you if you actually read it all!

The IP Address is 69.197.189.233:27015

- www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:09:53 AM by Mr. Gash »
CS25230
Poster

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:18 AM »

Is this trolling?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »

Is this trolling?

No.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:07:38 AM »

Is this trolling?

Your comment? Yes.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
deathcon62
Poster

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:17:43 AM »

the "custom" content seems poorly conceived and executed
BaconManRules
Poster

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:27:46 AM »

I agree these custom items would ruin a good server.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:25 AM »

A health vial? Really?
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 02:43:24 PM »

I saw hitmarkers and went, "Oh, I might like this..." then I saw the SHOP and new my entire excitement for this server just ended.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 05:41:11 PM »

I agree these custom items would ruin a good server.

A lot of people like them.

A health vial? Really?

Yes. It's not overpowered, and gives the traitor enough HP to not get raped in one shot by a pistol to the foot if he has two or more credits.

I saw hitmarkers and went, "Oh, I might like this..." then I saw the SHOP and new my entire excitement for this server just ended.

Try it before saying it's bad.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »

Rocket jumps + wall climbing with hands= map exploits

Now in fairness i have not played the servers but i imagine it would be an easyish thing to do (depending upon the map list) but again just speculation on possibilities.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »

Rocket jumps + wall climbing with hands= map exploits

Now in fairness i have not played the servers but i imagine it would be an easyish thing to do (depending upon the map list) but again just speculation on possibilities.

We rarely have people exploiting the map, and most of the spots that you can exploit are out in the open and easily visible.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »

Try it before saying it's bad.

1. I dont play Custom servers, because everything is always heavily imbalanced and there was a reason certain things (Jihad Bomb) were not implemented by BKU in the first place.
2. I understand "Shops" where you can get rewards but this is TTT, stupid things like hats, masks, headpieces make you look different. When I think of "Masks" and "TTT" the first thought that comes to mind is "Retard".
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »

1. I dont play Custom servers, because everything is always heavily imbalanced and there was a reason certain things (Jihad Bomb) were not implemented by BKU in the first place.
2. I understand "Shops" where you can get rewards but this is TTT, stupid things like hats, masks, headpieces make you look different. When I think of "Masks" and "TTT" the first thought that comes to mind is "Retard".

Like I said... Try it before saying it's bad. If you don't play custom servers, don't criticize the ones you haven't played on. If you've only been on one custom server and say it's bad, then not play any other ones, that just gives you a bad perspective on all the good servers out there.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:14 PM »

Receiving items based on good work in a game is a clear success one of the most obvious examples of this is TF2 so just because its in a TTT setting that makes everything retarded? They pose but one problem and this is the use of a disguiser while wearing a mask/ item (probably could be eliminated now i think about it)

regardless its stupid to say getting a reward for your efforts is "retarded"  as it works well in ECG and i am sure it works well in NNJG, and works wonders for TF2.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

Receiving items based on good work in a game is a clear success one of the most obvious examples of this is TF2 so just because its in a TTT setting that makes everything retarded? They pose but one problem and this is the use of a disguiser while wearing a mask/ item (probably could be eliminated now i think about it)

regardless its stupid to say getting a reward for your efforts is "retarded"  as it works well in ECG and i am sure it works well in NNJG, and works wonders for TF2.

Because in TF2 you're trying to find out who the killer is and everyone looks like a spy, right? Also, Gash, I didn't once say it was "Bad" but I will tell you I think that most servers that are modified and have customized items just aren't really exciting or any good, least for me. The server has a Jihad bomb, BKU didn't implement the Jihad bomb for a reason. Also, ECG? Really? Don't make me laugh.... or even get started.

Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »

Because in TF2 you're trying to find out who the killer is and everyone looks like a spy, right? Also, Gash, I didn't once say it was "Bad" but I will tell you I think that most servers that are modified and have customized items just aren't really exciting or any good, least for me. The server has a Jihad bomb, BKU didn't implement the Jihad bomb for a reason. Also, ECG? Really? Don't make me laugh.... or even get started.

I will not comment further on this as you are clearly looking to start something, i will not do that to this thread, i only mentioned ECG as we have a mask/ shop system and also mentioned that people like the system and the idea so to the best of my knowledge you are alone or in the minority with your opinion on this matter.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »

You're implying it's bad by calling it "stupid" and "retarded".

And we already know you hate the Jihad Bomb. Those who use it, do. Those who don't, complain.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »

I will not comment further on this as you are clearly looking to start something, i will not do that to this thread, i only mentioned ECG as we have a mask/ shop system and also mentioned that people like the system and the idea so to the best of my knowledge you are alone or in the minority with your opinion on this matter.

Ok so the people PLAYING on your server LIKE your server's traditions / ect? This sounds absurd! Quickly, call the media... *Sarcasm* Last I checked, if you have 20 that like Red and 40 people that like Yellow but you only hang out with the people will like Red then obviously you're going to think everyone likes Red since you never see Yellow.

You're implying it's bad by calling it "stupid" and "retarded".

And we already know you hate the Jihad Bomb. Those who use it, do. Those who don't, complain.

Maybe because the Jihad Bomb isn't balanced? Sounds 'bout right.

If anything, the two of y'all are trying to "Start something" because apparently people can't have an opinion that differs from your own. Man, hope you guys don't become actors in plays / movies only to have critiques causing you to nerd rage. Also, please, review my posts and tell me where I ever ONCE called your server, as you say, "stupid" or "retarded". Last I checked, I said the idea of masks, hats, headpieces, ect. are stupid, stop being drama queens.
TheSlyder
Poster

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »

I proposed to my TTT server that we try to implement the ability for individuals to choose a player-model, rather than everyone playing as the same terrorist.

It was universally shot down, as everyone understands that things like that (Anything that sets you apart from other players) negatively affect the balance of the game-mode.

And they're right. Having masks, hats, anything like that is a bad idea because of how it affects the game.

It's not a problem for TF2 because the gameplay doesn't revolve around identifying and calling out individual players the same way TTT does (For the record though, hats absolutely bastardized and ruined TF2 for me. Sure, they don't directly affect gameplay, but you can puke on a facemask and it won't affect its usability, but that doesn't mean I'll enjoy using it.)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 11:05:37 PM »

Also, please, review my posts and tell me where I ever ONCE called your server, as you say, "stupid" or "retarded". Last I checked, I said the idea of masks, hats, headpieces, ect. are stupid

The server uses them. By saying something about the server is stupid, you're calling part of the server stupid. "Part" is still the server.

I proposed to my TTT server that we try to implement the ability for individuals to choose a player-model, rather than everyone playing as the same terrorist.

It was universally shot down, as everyone understands that things like that (Anything that sets you apart from other players) negatively affect the balance of the game-mode.

And they're right. Having masks, hats, anything like that is a bad idea because of how it affects the game.

It's not a problem for TF2 because the gameplay doesn't revolve around identifying and calling out individual players the same way TTT does (For the record though, hats absolutely bastardized and ruined TF2 for me. Sure, they don't directly affect gameplay, but you can puke on a facemask and it won't affect its usability, but that doesn't mean I'll enjoy using it.)

It's an option to buy anything. If you don't want to, don't.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length