Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:53 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]  (Read 28634 times)
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 03:13:56 AM »

No, he isn't. Now shut up, this isn't an issue.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »

This is an issue, the HUGE is insanely underpowered.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »

This is an issue, the HUGE is insanely underpowered.

I believe you just cant use it.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »

It really isn't. Just went on a nice rampage with it.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 07:07:18 PM »

The HUGE is effective only a point blank range. It's decent for things like crowds around health stations, which I have had a lot of success with. But try some actual combat with it, and you'll find that people can just backpedal back 3 feet and suddenly your bullets do nothing.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 01:07:01 AM »

The HUGE is effective only a point blank range. It's decent for things like crowds around health stations, which I have had a lot of success with. But try some actual combat with it, and you'll find that people can just backpedal back 3 feet and suddenly your bullets do nothing.

That's not true at all, you can win duels rather easily with the huge provided you aim correctly.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »

I see the HUGE as a hit or miss weapon.  It will clean corridors, crowds, and provides a good amunt of ammo to kill 3-5 people (30 bullets at about 15 feet). No gun will be perfect.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and hit detection is not perfect.  Using the element of surprise is essential with the HUGE, because it excels at close range combat, and will kill most people before they can respond if yu fire point blank into their face or back.  Aim for center mass for the most damage because of the massive spray and recoil, and try controling that recoil by aiming down a little when firing.  For ranges past 30 feet, use your sidearm, or do what the HUGE is great for: hiding and camping.  Don't use the HUGE in the open- that's what a deagle or pistol is for, or some other main weapon other than the shotgun.  The HUGE is pure fun for spraying down people, but it is not in the least stealthy or good at mid-long range.  It's effectiveness goes beyond point blank, but not too far past it.  It works how it was intended to- as a room clearer.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »

Charles' video is a pretty accurate representation of the HUGE.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »

To bad the guy in the video was an idiot and started shooting when there was a guy with a shotgun right behind him...
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2011, 07:51:31 PM »

started shooting when there was a guy with a shotgun right behind him...

Forgive me, but I don't think that was the concern.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2011, 08:47:24 PM »

The concern is it take 10 bullets to kill someone. So, let's do some math:
Let's say you're aiming at someone from 5 meters, and you're pretty accurate with it so you 33% of the bullets hit.
It takes 30 bullets to kill someone assuming you have average accuracy. In the time it takes for you to do that, someone could:
Instantly kill you with a Deagle Headshot
Instantly kill you with a Shotgun headshot
Instantly kill you with a Sniper headshot
Kill you with 2 or 3 headshots from an M16
Kill you with 4 headshots from a Mac10

Even without headshots, at the nice range of 5 meters or so, they can kill you in half the time you can kill them provided they don't panic.

So, the HUGE is, if anything, a very loud and powerful melee weapon with an ineffective ranged attack.

Here's what I propose: At 200 hammer units or less, the HUGE gets bonus damage.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:49:08 PM by Raneman »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2011, 09:02:37 PM »

The HUGE was designed as a close-your-eyes-and-spray gun. It's a joke, in the literal sense. The biggest gun in the game is the least useful. The HUGE-related end of round awards reference how horribly inaccurate it is. If you manage to be successful with it, then good for you. If you don't, laugh at people who try to kill you with it and use a different gun.

There will be no fundamental change in HUGE balance. It works as intended.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2011, 12:16:15 AM »

Why not just increase the accuracy of the HUGE when crouching + Stationary? Would be slightly more believable than the people who charge into a crowd spraying then moan when they die.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »

Why not just increase the accuracy of the HUGE when crouching + Stationary? Would be slightly more believable than the people who charge into a crowd spraying then moan when they die.

Why the hell are we trying to turn the huge into a god damn automatic rifle? STOP IT!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »

Actually not seeing a point in keeping this thread open.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length