Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:10 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread]  (Read 28643 times)
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« on: December 29, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

I think the HUGE needs some kind of buff. It can get kills, but it's a very, very specialized weapon. I think you should either increase the damage slightly, increase it's effective range, or increase it's ammo. Doubling it's ammo might even be a good idea, as for a spraying weapon it runs out of ammo fast.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »

I think the HUGE needs some kind of buff. It can get kills, but it's a very, very specialized weapon. I think you should either increase the damage slightly, increase it's effective range, or increase it's ammo. Doubling it's ammo might even be a good idea, as for a spraying weapon it runs out of ammo fast.

Holy crap are you serious the huge is  mass OP as it at the moment its not a mac 10 Why on earth would u want it to be effective at range.
its a room clearer and it does perfectly.Double Ammo really? thats just Stupid.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »

The HUGE does not clear rooms very well, as by the time there's enough bullets in someone to kill them, they can do 10 times as much damage to you in half the time.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 05:44:15 PM »

In my opinion the HUGE does need a slight buff of sorts, preferably in either accuracy or damage.  It's only a room clearer if you're either using an aimbot or playing against people that have no idea what they're doing.  Increasing the ammo wouldn't help because by the time you've shot off that much ammo, you're already dead.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

You guys must be terrible. The HUGE is easily one of the best weapons. Perfect for clearing a room i never have problem with it. And its not like it has an extremely short range, i get kills at a decent range all the time.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »

Anything beyond 10 feet and it's not that good. The problem is that you can unload a clip into a stationary target at about 10m and it will still take about 100 shots to kill him.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »

Okay and you dont use the shotgun to kill people across map, and you dont use the sniper to clear a room. The HUGE has its advantages and disadvantages and doesnt need to be changed.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »

Okay and you dont use the shotgun to kill people across map, and you dont use the sniper to clear a room. The HUGE has its advantages and disadvantages and doesnt need to be changed.

The problem here is not that the HUGE has disadvantages, but that the HUGE's one and only advantage (not having to reload) makes no difference because of its disadvantages (low damage, low accuracy, high recoil).
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 10:56:37 PM »

Increasing the damage and slightly tightening the cone of fire would allow for it to do it's job, while still being extremely messy and risky.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 06:15:11 AM »

Here's a quick video of the HUGE in action.
no it's not my video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvxFDN5yvks[/youtube]

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 07:06:12 AM »

no it's not my video

This has happened to me in so many different occasions... lol

On a side note, would it be possible for the huge to have the ability to pierce through enemies?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:07:35 AM by ball2hi »
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »

The ability to pierce through enemies would be a welcome edition, allowing for the group confrontations it's designed for.
A55hat
Poster

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:21 PM »

no it's not my video

This could be blamed on hitboxes. For example, i walked up to a guy with shotgun, and at point blank range shot at his face, he lost no hp. What can u say, shit happens. Also, i find huge usefull when you are really close to somebody. And yes, peircing would be awesome
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »

He shot almost 50 bullets, calling hitboxes is not a very good argument.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:54:29 PM by Raneman »
A55hat
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »

shot 50 bullets and got a kill. and almost killed detective. With a kill and an almost kill i think 50 bullets is enough to blame for hitboxes
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »

50 bullets for 1 kill still makes the gun extremely underpowered. He was only 3 feet away with a god damn machine gun and he still only got one kill and moderately wounded the other two.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »

I see that people like my idea =). On a side note though... the Piercing bullets might cause some lag problems, as shooting glass already seems to cause problems lol. Another suggestion I'm going to throw out there is defiantly a tighter cone of fire. Side suggestion though that I don't think anyone else will like though, is how about removing the H.U.G.E.'s Ironsights mode and instead replace it with a Physical gun swing. It could do little to no damage, but will cause the target's view to become disoriented. Obviously it'll have to have a long reset cooldown before you can use it again.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »

HUGE secondary fire could be a slower, more damaging mode for ranges beyond 3 feet.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »

HUGE secondary fire could be a slower, more damaging mode for ranges beyond 3 feet.

A secondary range firing would probably not be the best thing. We want to keep the HUGE a close quarters menace. We want people to go "Ohhhh shit, he has a huge. Stay away from me."

As it is, the HUGE can kill people fast in close quarters but when you're not in crowbar range or there is an additional person behind them then it becomes a problem since the HUGE requires so much ammo to kill due to its inaccuracy and high rate of fight. Piercing bullets and maybe the Alternative fire could be a disorienting blow that does no damage.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:52:03 PM by ball2hi »
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 03:05:54 AM »

its called combo if he had a deagle. Bang one headshot mowed down the second with the Huge.
you cant relie on one Weapon. you have to think About the best weapon for the situation.
deagle+knife then used the huge.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: HUGE balance [split from main thread] « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length