Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:25:14 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: The Discombobulator.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Discombobulator.  (Read 7002 times)
Derp
Poster

« on: December 24, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »

An odd item to discuss, I know.

I mostly just want to know how the innocents can get legitimate use out of it. At least with an incendiary grenade, you can block off an exit for a camping traitor. I've never seen an innocent seriously use a discombobulator. They're either randomly thrown for a laugh or thrown with the sole intent of griefing on a map like, say, Canyon.

As it stands, I'd love to see the discombobulator be a free traitor item that could be bought once or twice. I really don't feel that innocents can get much use out of them, but again, that's why I'm asking if anyone has found a legitimate use for them as an innocent other than disruption (Something an incendiary can pretty much accomplish as well)
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:49 AM »

Discombobulator is pretty good for innocents.  For example, sometimes I get attacked by a traitor and I am in panic so I throw it.  It goes off, I get that quick escape and manage to tell the others who the traitor is. 

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »

Discombobulator is pretty good for innocents.  For example, sometimes I get attacked by a traitor and I am in panic so I throw it.  It goes off, I get that quick escape and manage to tell the others who the traitor is. 

Why not say who the traitor is in the time it takes to throw the discomb....... lol
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:44:46 AM »

Why not say who the traitor is in the time it takes to throw the discomb....... lol

Because the time it takes to type "the traitor is xXxsupercoolweeddudexXx" is actually a fair amount

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 03:49:12 AM »

Because the time it takes to type "the traitor is xXxsupercoolweeddudexXx" is actually a fair amount

That's why we have microphones.

I agree with the OP that, generally speaking, discombobulators are for traitors and baiters.  The same applies to smoke.  Despite that, it can be used to throw traitors  off (occasionally... very rarely).
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 04:07:39 AM »

Radio commands.

The only time I've used it as an innocent is I held it for a few seconds and threw it down at the path where the traitor was chasing me around the corner (It was 1v1, no one else was alive) he ran into it like i predicted and his aim was disoriented long enough for me to kill him with my 21 health left lol.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:35 AM »

I used it as innocent on zm_roy_the_ship or whatever the name of that boat map is. I had a pistol, the detective had some type of gun he was too stupid to use, and the traitor tried to bumrush us with a HUGE.  I threw it, and right when I had around 10hp it knocked him off the boat and into the water, giving the detective enough time to shoot him down when I go camp at the bottom of the boat.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 07:28:48 AM »

That's why we have microphones.

The gamemode shouldn't require someone to buy an external piece of hardware.

I hate all of you
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 07:43:35 AM »

I suppose it's unfair that mice are better than touchpads just as mics are preferable to typing?  Regardless, you still have radio binds.  In my opinion, the game is best played with a mic due to the pacing and you're only screwing over yourself (and your team) by not using a mic, but if you want to be killed while typing, be my guest.

Usually I don't kill people that throw discombobs unless it's clear that they had malicious intent, and even then, half the time they were just morons trying to be funny.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »

I suppose it's unfair that mice are better than touchpads

It could be seen as such but most of the time you're given the choice of either or instead, rather then it being a direct upgrade.

I hate all of you
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »

There is no reason for anyone not to have a mic by now.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Except being able to justify buying it.

I mean honestly A lot of gamers these days seem to be kids with little or no income for such things as mics.

On the note of the discombob, I was killed by one yesterday by an innocent (as an innocent). We were in the main lobby of a clue themed map, it bounced me from the bottom floor to the top floor and said I fell to my death. Not entirely sure how it happened, but it did.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 09:57:10 AM »

You could say the same for a keyboard. Or a mouse. Both of which are vital to gamemode function.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »

You could say the same for a keyboard. Or a mouse. Both of which are vital to gamemode function.

You can work the game using only a keyboard

I hate all of you
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »

Unless of course they're mute.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: The Discombobulator. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length