Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:32:43 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Knife Balance?
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Knife Balance?  (Read 9245 times)
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« on: December 20, 2010, 03:00:51 AM »

I enjoy the knife dealing 50damage, but the current server community that I play on wants to keep the knife 2000 damage so they have kept it like that on their server. I figured though, maybe we can revert the knife back to 2000 damage (One-hit) in Vanilla and find another way to keep it balanced. I thought this through and a few things came to mind.

1) Knifed bodies can not be moved / picked up.
2) Knifed bodies can not be burned.
3) If a player knifes someone using M1, it will leave a trail of blood in his steps for a second or two.

I figure Im going to get flamed for this, but I figured I might as well throw out my ideas.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »

I would suggest that the armor protect against knives and the knife deal 100 damage so that detectives don't get murdered at the beginning of the round out of nowhere, but the knife is still powerful.  Also, I would make sure to have the knife's DNA stay on indefinitely (by default it does not anymore).  I certainly agree that knifed bodies shouldn't be burnable, though, as it would be far too easy to cover up the DNA (or at least it would with 2 credit starts).  Reverting the knife back to single purchase is also a good idea (I'm not sure if it is or not right now, as I rarely use the knife, but I do know this was suggested and looked at by BKU).  With these four limitations, I think the knife would be tolerable as a one hit kill weapon, but that's just my opinion.
Kologer0s
Poster

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 10:31:19 AM »

Knife is fine, L2throw it, gtfo.
Silenced pistol is also 3 hits on chest for the n00bs who can't aim.
That's 1 head and 1 chest and really accurate, better start buying that...

http://bit.ly/Mogzcom MOGZ Gmod TTT + Killing Floor Servers
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »

Knife is fine, L2throw it, gtfo.

Seriously, he's just trying to make a point. Your a bit unloved arnt you?
Kologer0s
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »

He said he figured that he was going to get flamed...
Servers can use the knife as they want...

http://bit.ly/Mogzcom MOGZ Gmod TTT + Killing Floor Servers
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »

Don't say "L2throw, Gtfo" when you know nothing about me. I've played on other servers then my main that uses the Vanilla knife. I like the new knife, but I figured maybe there was a way we can balance the knife around the old knife... It's simple ideas thrown in the wind.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »

I think all of you are equally retarded

Now stop bickering over trying to fix something that isn't broken

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »

Throwing the knife should simply be more badass, and more designed for long range. Nothings creepier then turning around to see the guy behind you pinned to the wall by a knife.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 04:04:13 AM »

Throwing the knife should simply be more badass, and more designed for long range. Nothings creepier then turning around to see the guy behind you pinned to the wall by a knife.

Throwing the knife should simply be more badass, and more designed for long range

Throwing the knife

designed for long range

::)

I hate all of you
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »

We'll we need a knife gun now ^^

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 08:30:36 PM »

Screw the knife gun.

Lets make a Nail Gun? Eh..? EHHH?
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »

I agree that the knife isn't broken (as does the OP--read his post).  We are discussing how the old knife might be rebalanced, not suggesting that teh knife should be reverted.  It isn't bickering until someone ignores the original intent of the OP as you have done.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

I agree that the knife isn't broken (as does the OP--read his post).  We are discussing how the old knife might be rebalanced, not suggesting that teh knife should be reverted.  It isn't bickering until someone ignores the original intent of the OP as you have done.

The amount of retard in your post is over whelming

If the knife isn't broken, why do you guys feel the need to fix (read as rebalance) the knife? Also, at no point in time did my post imply or infer that you guys wanted to revert the knife, I simply said that the knife does its job and is relatively balanced and it doesn't need any changing.

BTW making your own definition of a word doesn't make you seem smart or witty

I hate all of you
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »

strong>I enjoy the knife dealing 50damage

the current server community that I play on

not you

I might as well throw out my ideas

not yours

Okay, then.  I suggest you simply not post (we've already had "Knife is fine, L2throw it, gtfo" posted, and your post is even less constructive than that), as we already know the knife is fine as it is.  I feel no need to fix it.  Read the posts please--I was suggesting ways for servers that feel the need to use the vanilla knife (as it is popular with the player base) to at least fix/rebalance/whatever it so that it's not as overpowered as it used to be.  No need to come in and call everyone retards.  Seriously, coming into a group of people and calling them retards for bickering and then causing further bickering is retarded if anything is.

The amount of retard in your post is over whelming

For what, calling your trolling out?  I'm sorry that you're not untouchable.  You are no absolute.

at no point in time did my post imply or infer that you guys wanted to revert the knife

No, you're quite right--such is irrelevant anyway.  You called us all retards and said it needed fixing--certainly nothing of value.  We already know how the OP feels and how his server community feels, so no need to reestablish that.

fix (read as rebalance)

You're implying that I ever cared which terminology was used.  Also irrelevant.

I simply said that the knife does its job and is relatively balanced and it doesn't need any changing.

::)

Right, right.  I can see that you were being straight to the point.

BTW making your own definition of a word doesn't make you seem smart or witty

If you didn't understand me, I'm sorry that I wasn't making a point by calling people retards.  No, I wasn't redefining anything, I just know multiple words for the same concept.  Here, reverted=fixed=rebalanced.  Synonyms if you will.  Here, let me clarify that I NEVER intended for the knife to be changed for the general player base--"not suggesting that [the] knife should be reverted"--but was explaining how A server might go about its own business--"how the old knife might be rebalanced".  Clear now?  I don't agree with the OP that the old knife should be vanilla, even if it's rebalanced, but that doesn't mean I'm going to assume my view is an absolute and call him a retard.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:41:01 PM by GrayScare0 »
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »

Okay, then.  I suggest you simply not post (we've already had "Knife is fine, L2throw it, gtfo" posted, and your post is even less constructive than that)

I don't really see how, as I said that the knife was fine as it is, so if anything it just just as or equal to that in a more polite manner
No need to come in and call everyone retards.  Seriously, coming into a group of people and calling them retards for bickering and then causing further bickering is retarded if anything is.

Because telling people that are fighting that their retarded is going to cause a train wreck
For what, calling your trolling out?  I'm sorry that you're not untouchable.  You are no absolute.

I was trolling for sure, I contradicted you!
No, you're quite right--such is irrelevant anyway.  You called us all retards and said it needed fixing--certainly nothing of value.  We already know how the OP feels and how his server community feels, so no need to reestablish that.

Dwelling on a point addressed previously
Right, right.  I can see that you were being straight to the point.

It's irrelevant if I was straight to the point or not, I said it
ut that doesn't mean I'm going to assume my view is an absolute and call him a retard.

When addressed to you it was more to point out the fact that you completely ignored my post and still replied to it. When addressed to them it was more because they either said "lrn2 throw" or they seriously replied to a comment like that.
"how the old knife might be rebalanced".  Clear now?

There was never a problem with my understanding of the discussion.

I hate all of you
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 04:23:54 AM »

I don't really see how, as I said that the knife was fine as it is, so if anything it just just as or equal to that in a more polite manner

Ah, yes.  Calling people retards is more polite than assuming they're unskilled at throwing a  knife in a video game.
Because telling people that are fighting that their retarded is going to cause a train wreck

Hardly.  This is aforum.  It's only immature.
I was trolling for sure, I contradicted you!

First off, you didn't contradict me.  I don't think the knife should be changed.  What, do you believe it should be?  Of course not, that would be retarded!
Dwelling on a point addressed previously

Haha, implying that you've made any coherent argument.
It's irrelevant if I was straight to the point or not, I said it

Yes, I was actually looking more at the forum rules.  Your view on the matter is quite clear (though not backed by any evidence presented)--I can certainly assure you of that much!
When addressed to you it was more to point out the fact that you completely ignored my post and still replied to it. When addressed to them it was more because they either said "lrn2 throw" or they seriously replied to a comment like that.There was never a problem with my understanding of the discussion.

How did I ignore your post?  All you said was that everyone's retarded for bickering (though you're bickering too, but much less constructively--reminds me of a prepubescent) and that the knife was fine.  I told you that I agree that the knife is fine, and that I was helping him with possible rebalances of the old knife for the servers that still use the old one so that it's at least slightly more balanced.  I run a server, and we use the vanilla knife and will never be switching to a one hit kill version.  If there was never a problem of comprehension, then why ask why I feel the need to revert it?  I never did!  Look at your posts--they're clearly trolling.  I don't know if you're just immature or just bored, but either way, your presence in this topic has ONLY been negative and not even REMOTELY constructive.  It's fine to disagree with the one hit kill model, but it's immature to call everyone who even discusses it retards.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2010, 04:54:02 AM »

Ah, yes.  Calling people retards is more polite than assuming they're unskilled at throwing a  knife in a video game.

In hind sight polite was the wrong term to use, I was more going for easier to read.
Hardly. This is aforum.  It's only immature.

That was sarcasm
First off, you didn't contradict me.  I don't think the knife should be changed.  What, do you believe it should be?  Of course not, that would be retarded!

I think it was inferred that I think the knife shouldn't be changed when I said that there's no need to change it
Haha, implying that you've made any coherent argument.

Saying that could be seen as immature, something that you don't seem to be fond of
Yes, I was actually looking more at the forum rules.  Your view on the matter is quite clear (though not backed by any evidence presented)--I can certainly assure you of that much!

Because an opinion needs to be backed up by evidence to worth something
How did I ignore your post?

Well considering the fact that you thought I asked you why you wanted to revert the knife . . .
Look at your posts--they're clearly trolling.  I don't know if you're just immature or just bored, but either way, your presence in this topic has ONLY been negative and not even REMOTELY constructive.

Even though I gave my 2 cents on the topic
It's fine to disagree with the one hit kill model, but it's immature to call everyone who even discusses it retards.

You seem to fill your posts by mentioning my previous sayings. You have made your point with referring back but now you just bring it up help feel more secure about your point

I hate all of you
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 06:15:36 AM »

I think it was inferred that I think the knife shouldn't be changed when I said that there's no need to change it

That was sarcasm

Because an opinion needs to be backed up by evidence to worth something

No, just to be constructive in a topic that specifically asks for possible rebalances of the old knife, which has nothing to do with any old knife vs. new knife debate.

Well considering the fact that you thought I asked you why you wanted to revert the knife . . .

I suppose you were referring to people that didn't reply to your initial post?

Even though I gave my 2 cents on the topic

That wasn't the topic, nor were retards.

now you just bring it up help feel more secure about your point

Is this English?  Anyway, why would I need to feel secure about a point that is both completely off topic and is on a forum on the internet?  No, I think calling others retards is an attempt to "help feel more secure about your point."
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »

No, just to be constructive in a topic that specifically asks for possible rebalances of the old knife, which has nothing to do with any old knife vs. new knife debate.

Yeah, and I said that there was no need for a rebalance as the knife is already fine
I suppose you were referring to people that didn't reply to your initial post?

I don't think I ever brought up reverting the knife
That wasn't the topic, nor were retards.

Talking about the knife and the balance isn't on topic?
No, I think calling others retards is an attempt to "help feel more secure about your point."

Again, you are using that point as some sort of shield

I hate all of you
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »

I see you're all having fun here, but I'm not sure there's much purpose in continuing this thread.

Servers running the old knife seem to like it that way. Why would they be interested in balancing it? It's not unbalanced in their opinion. If I went back to an instakill knife with some new negative effects added to it, I would imagine those servers would still think it nerfed. It would also not help prevent the ill effects of an instakill knife on things other than balance, namely the enjoyment of the victims. That kind of thing was discussed extensively in the old thread, I won't rehash it here (neither is it open to discussion).

More generally, I don't think it would be a good idea to remove or weaken improvements to the game, just because certain servers don't like them. Sets a bad precedent.
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Knife Balance? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length