Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Fix the Health Station!
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fix the Health Station!  (Read 6958 times)
Marcem7121
Poster

« on: December 16, 2010, 11:38:28 PM »

Really, the health station is really cheap now, you can just camp it and easily survive a firefight.  Why not fix that?  I suggest adding an effect where your health goes up gradually, and is canceled when you are hit.  Of course this would still add 10 hp every time.  Whenever you "use" the health station while already healing, it queues up that extra health to heal after the previous healing.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:11:10 AM »

It's fine the way it is. One buy only. However many detectives you have, that's how many health stations are possible. If you want people to be cautious, add a pain station to your server.
Vegi
Poster

Fuck yeah

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:38:12 AM »

To gash, i know the server he plays on and we already have one, just its so easy to tell it out. Its really not cheap.
Marcem7121
Poster

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 03:17:49 AM »

It's fine the way it is. One buy only. However many detectives you have, that's how many health stations are possible. If you want people to be cautious, add a pain station to your server.
I have a felling you have absolutly no clue what I'm talking about.  I'm saying it shouldn't be an instant heal.  It's really cheap to have someone able to camp their way to a victory because of the health station.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:34:01 AM »

Not if you shoot them in the face.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »

Well its easy to kill these types of players with the correct weapons, but not a bad idea a small delay might be nice although i don't like the get hit the health you gathered from the station just disappears...

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 10:21:58 AM »

Throw a smoke grenade and a incendiary, lag him to hell while burning him. Then start shooting.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »

Pain station is such a silly idea.
CS25230
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »

I like the gradual heal idea, it completely balances the health station. It still retains it's usefulness but makes it so you can't use it as a crutch.

You would still heal 25 (or spam it to get more) HP but it would slowly go up 3-5hp every couple of seconds. Might even add a cool healing aura to show that they were under the effects of the health station.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:14:12 PM by CS25230 »
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »

I like the gradual heal idea, it completely balances the health station. It still retains it's usefulness but makes it so you can't use it as a crutch.

You would still heal 25 (or spam it to get more) HP but it would slowly go up 3-5hp every couple of seconds. Might even add a cool healing aura to show that they were under the effects of the health station.

I agree wholeheartedly with this.  I've been in too many situations as traitor in which a camping detective should have died multiple times, but instead gets cheap instant heals.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 12:08:19 PM »

How about HL2-style healing where you have to hold +use on the healthstation to gradually heal? This would be easier/less sensitive to bugs than time-based stuff.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »

Then if say the detective was hurt, he'd have to stand there holding E, making him a prime target for deagle headshotters and snipers.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »

Then if say the detective was hurt, he'd have to stand there holding E, making him a prime target for deagle headshotters and snipers.

I think that's the point, and vice versa for everyone else.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Cush
Poster

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

I think its a great idea, maybe have slightly faster healing speed than mentioned, but definitely force the player to be still and maybe cancel it if they take damage so it cant be wasted used while standing in fire or damage over time traps.

Its kinda stupid when you see people having a firefight and they keep running for the health station and instantly getting back to full health, or when a traitor camps in a room/on a roof with the health station and they pretty much have 300 health to go off unless they are headshotted with an instakill weapon.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 03:01:13 PM »

How about HL2-style healing where you have to hold +use on the healthstation to gradually heal? This would be easier/less sensitive to bugs than time-based stuff.

That sounds great.  I think such a measure would help potential health station users to have to think about the risk they run in using the health station rather than instantly robbing it and gaining full health.  This would both help against health station campers and thieves.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Fix the Health Station! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length