Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Buff the Crowbar- My Argument
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Buff the Crowbar- My Argument  (Read 8990 times)
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« on: December 05, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »

Right now the crowbar does a measly 20 damage, which in many cases has got traitors killed by someone who's near death. There is no reason for it to be like this and here's why:

I. What it takes to kill someone.
20 damage means it takes FIVE hits to kill someone at full health, or 2 hits about half of the time when they are near death. Unacceptable.

II. What the crowbar was like pre-nerf
It used to take about 3 or 4 hits to kill someone at full health, or two if you could aim. It could easily finish off those who are near death, or were badly wounded. It fulfilled it's purpose of being a dependable backup weapon and a suitable weapon for those who could not find a gun. It was worth it's risk.

III. Why it was fine the way it was.
It took mistakes to be killed by a crowbar, and anyone who wasn't an idiot could avoid getting killed by anyone easily. Rather then your vision of what went on (crowbars being overpowered killing machines) it was much different in practice.

1. You can outrun people with a crowbar, enough to reload ANY gun several times.
2. The crowbar took skill to use properly
3. Even the best player could get no more then 3 or 4 kills with it in a game, if they were extremely lucky

IV. The crowbar has enough nerfs already
It's an extremely risky weapon, it's easy to kill anyone rushing you with a crowbar, it's melee range, most non-dumbasses will shoot you after your first hit, and it left a LOT of DNA.

IV. What is should be
The crowbar should do 34 damage, a 3 hit kill. If the person on the receiving end of the crowbar gets killed by it, it's always their fault. You can only get killed by it if you are extremely bad at aiming, unaware, uncautious, or just a general dumbass.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »

Keep in mind that the knife is a two hit kill, which is just one less hit than your proposed crowbar.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »

I think the crowbar should be nerfed not buffed...

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »

To be honest, I think the crowbar is fine the way it is.  It is mostly a weapon so other people don't feel threatened. 

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:11:30 PM »

The reason the crowbar went from around 30 to 20 is to prevent a combo of 1 crowbar hit + 1 knife hit, which was a silent and very fast kill, which obviously made the knife nerf less effective.

It's silly to consider the crowbar in context of guns and other primary weapons. It isn't one of those. It's for breaking things, pushing players out of the way, opening locked doors on non-TTT maps, etc.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 10:47:13 PM »

Unacceptable.

I laughed so hard when I saw that.

By the way, the crowbar is, IMO, one of the most useful weapons around.

5 hits to kill someone, the crowbar is amazingly fast, so it takes you 3-5 seconds to kill somebody at full health.
It's silent.
If someone is wounded you can take em out with 1-2 hits (maybe 3).

And its PERFECT on tight hallways.
You just need skill to use it well.

NOTE: Im not saying that I'm a SKEELED PLAYER on TTT; not at all. I'm just lucky.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »

Unacceptable.

I stopped reading here. lol.

www.dnr-gaming.com
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:59:56 PM »

Look all of this would be solved if you just put a scope on the crowbar.  
;)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »

As long as knives 1 hit kill on headshot

Although, I wouldn't mind the crowbar's damage increased slightly
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »

I wonder what would happen if a headshot with a crowbar will cause temporary paralysis in-game. Almost flash-bang like.
That would be kind of cool.

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:34 PM »

I personally hate it when i used to type and as I was typing I got crowbar'd

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 10:14:33 PM »

I personally hate it when i used to type and as I was typing I got crowbar'd

That's why you buy a mic! (Mine's broken...)

And I kinda like Handed's idea; maybe if you "Headhit" with the crowbar they kinda get flash-banged. Also, people using the crowbar should run faster (like the knife on CSS).

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »

And I kinda like Handed's idea; maybe if you "Headhit" with the crowbar they kinda get flash-banged. Also, people using the crowbar should run faster (like the knife on CSS).

He does have a mic, but people often use the excuse they didn't hear when Manmax is doing admin stuff.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 05:53:44 AM »

Extacly. O and epic i also said "When I USED to type". But anyway, this is just an example of other peoples experience.

Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »

The crowbar isn't a weapon you use to kill everyone as a traitor, it's not the primary weapon for people to kill others off. It's when you're out of ammo and have no other choice. It's fine the way it is.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »

I am fairly certain that EpicBox's unique form of trolling is suggesting bad ideas on purpose so he can get a response of "ITS BAD.... ect"
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »

I am fairly certain that EpicBox's unique form of trolling is suggesting bad ideas on purpose so he can get a response of "ITS BAD.... ect"

Would you STOP saying those things please. I'm just giving an idea, and I just said I supported Handed's idea, + an idea of mine (running slighly faster with the crowbar). If you don't like the idea then shut your mouth.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 09:24:20 PM »

If you don't like the idea then shut your mouth.

Fascist.

But yeah no, flash bang/stun effects on head shot are a terrible idea. It is a very cheap kill, because you simply cannot do anything about it.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »

It should at least be able to kill people near death in one hit. It's a bit of a gamble at the moment, leaving you to guess whether or not it will kill them.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »

It should at least be able to kill people near death in one hit. It's a bit of a gamble at the moment, leaving you to guess whether or not it will kill them.

YAR, it should be like the knife when it says "Insta Kill"

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Buff the Crowbar- My Argument « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length