Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:14:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Equipment Idea: Rocket Launcher.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor Equipment Idea: Rocket Launcher.  (Read 5198 times)
Mechatronik
Poster

« on: December 05, 2010, 04:31:55 PM »

So it's about a Rocket Launcher, but it has to be balanced.

It would cost 1 credit, and have only 1 rocket.

The rocket explosion does damage a slightly more than a failed to be disarmed C4.

Balance:
The rocket leaves a smoke strip of his course, so you instantly know where it was launched from.

Or/And maybe the guy who launched it has a face painted black from the smoke for a minute.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »

Keep in mind three things here: First, the knife costs a credit, and it only does like half damage (yes, silently, but at very close range).  Second, the C4 must be planted and set for a minimum of 45 seconds to do its damage, and it beeps the whole time and can be defused.  And third, the closest thing to a rocket launcher in the game is the Newton launcher, and it is far weaker than what you've described (even though it can be used multiple times) and just as obvious.  There's no way that what you're describing is balanced with the current traitor equipment.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »

Its basically an instant explosion c4 that you can shoot, or a jihad...
Mechatronik
Poster

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 02:02:10 AM »

Yes I was thinking about something like a Jihad in damage and range. It kills only in a short range, so you need to have people crowded to kill many of them.

You can kill multiple people with a Jihad if you're lucky, and it costs only 1 credit also.

I think you have to be lucky also with a rocket launcher to kill many.

Edit: Also what about if the rocket would travel slower?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:03:26 AM by Mechatronik »
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 02:08:14 AM »

Yes I was thinking about something like a Jihad in damage and range. It kills only in a short range, so you need to have people crowded to kill many of them.

You can kill multiple people with a Jihad if you're lucky, and it costs only 1 credit also.

Edit: Also what about if the rocket would travel slower?

kill many

I want at least one free kill when I'm a traitor

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »

And I wonder why Jihad isn't in the game?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:09:25 AM »

Why not make the blast radius low, so it has to be a direct hit to kill, and make the person have to see the rocket in first-person from the tip of the rocket; With the speed of it slow.

And, make the health of the rocket around 9999, so no one can shoot it down, BUT make an entity for detectives to buy that if the rocket is in range of it (The entity) it will explode the rocket, not damaging anyone, but make it have a delay of at least 2 seconds, and don't make the range super-short.

Another addition to it will make the rocket un-able to explode when it's near you, and must be a certain distance before being able to explode anyone, this will prevent people from using it as a jihad, but if it hits a wall/floor then the rocket will just drop, leaving something a detective can DNA scan to find you, but make it heavy enough to not kill someone, but not let your magneto stick pick it up, only shove it.

I tried to make something like this before but failed horribly, just sharing my idea.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 09:30:44 AM »

U can try to balance a rocket laucher all you want but its still as stupid idea as a boomerang knife.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 11:23:59 AM »

Why not make the blast radius low, so it has to be a direct hit to kill, and make the person have to see the rocket in first-person from the tip of the rocket; With the speed of it slow.

And, make the health of the rocket around 9999, so no one can shoot it down, BUT make an entity for detectives to buy that if the rocket is in range of it (The entity) it will explode the rocket, not damaging anyone, but make it have a delay of at least 2 seconds, and don't make the range super-short.

Another addition to it will make the rocket un-able to explode when it's near you, and must be a certain distance before being able to explode anyone, this will prevent people from using it as a jihad, but if it hits a wall/floor then the rocket will just drop, leaving something a detective can DNA scan to find you, but make it heavy enough to not kill someone, but not let your magneto stick pick it up, only shove it.

I tried to make something like this before but failed horribly, just sharing my idea.

Or, I have a better idea.
No rocket at all!
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »

Or, I have a better idea.
No rocket at all!

TTT without rockets? You're a madman.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor Equipment Idea: Rocket Launcher. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length