Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:41 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Odd prop collisions after TTT run in conjunction with other fretta gamemodes...
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Odd prop collisions after TTT run in conjunction with other fretta gamemodes...  (Read 5437 times)
jimbodude
Poster

« on: December 05, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »

On my server, we run several fretta gamemodes, but every time after running TTT, prop collisions in any post gamemodes are messed up; they no longer collide with players at all, and most of them don't collide with the world.

This strange occurence is only happening with TTT, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or an explanation?

My TTT cvars are currently:

ttt_postround_dm 1
ttt_no_nade_throw_during_prep 1
ttt_namechange_bantime 1
ttt_lastwords_chatprint 1
ttt_always_use_mapcycle 1
ttt_time_limit_minutes 45
ttt_karma_low_ban 0
ttt_karma_low_autokick 1
ttt_karma_low_amount 600
ttt_log_damage_for_console 1
ttt_ban_type "sm"

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »

When a new gamemode loads (or the map changes), this occurs on a clean Lua instance. This means virtually anything TTT does can in no way influence other gamemodes. There are only two ways the server can be affected in a way that interferes with other gamemodes:

- Convars set by TTT. This is unlikely, as the only ones TTT modifies sets are mp_friendlyfire 1 (required for lag compensation) and sv_alltalk 0 (only if it's on). Neither is physics-related obviously.

- GMod bugs that somehow retain TTT specific things even after changing map/gamemode. I have never seen anything like this, and even if they exist I have no idea where these would be, because TTT doesn't do anything weird with props.

I also know there exist other Fretta servers that include TTT, who have not reported any issues to me, making it less likely that this is a fundamental issue with either TTT or gmod.

So I don't see what could cause this.
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply.

I just found it odd as this error isn't occurring after running any other gamemode, so I naturally assumed it was something to do with TTT.
I have no addons installed, except metamod + sourcemod, so I don't think the problems lies there.

I guess I'll look further into the configuration of my server and see if I can come up with something.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »

Do you have any anti-lag or prop-protection type things installed or inbuilt with anything?

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »

I do not. I only have Sourcemod + Metamod, and then the gamemodes.

My gamemode list:

ascension
bombtag
claustrophobia
crash_n_smash
ctf
deathrun
dogfightarcade
Firefight
FortwarsX
freezetag
garryware
koth
lasertag
melonracer
OneInTheChamber
plane_crazy
prop_hunt
Psychokinesis
sandbox
sniperwars
Snowball
stalker
suicidebarrels
terminal_velocity
TremblingTiles
uhns
ultimatechimerahunt
ultimatedodgeball
zombieonslaught

+ TTT, although I disabled that right now.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

Do you happen to know if going from TTT to Ascension would cause the boxes in Ascension to exhibit the issue? Because that is something I could easily test on my local srcds (both gamemodes being in there by default). If there's a different small gamemode I can get somewhere that you have observed the issue in, then that would be an option as well.
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »

Yes, Acension is one of the gamemodes that you can clearly notice this obscurity in, as the boxes will no longer collide with the platforms, and most of the world.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 10:45:07 PM »

With the problems you are describing I always had the same issues on my fretta server, however it was always after ultimatechimerahunt had been played.
After removing that the problems stopped.

Just noticed this post in the UCH gamemode thread on facepunch
Peep saying about same problems with prop collisions in any post gamemodes.
Could it be that UCH is the problem on your server?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:49:15 PM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

That person is actually me. Shortly after posting this, I found out that it occurred in UCH too. TTT followed by another gamemode = prop collisions messed, and the same for UCH. Since we ran Dodgeball, TTT, then dodgeball to test this, I doubt that UCH could be the cause here. That said though, running dodgeball, UCH, then dodgeball causes the same effect as running TTT there.
jimbodude
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »

Any news? Was anyone able to reproduce this?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »

I've just tested this. Started my DS, running TTT, joined and voted to switch to prop_hunt, on de_dust. Made a bot join so I could start a round, as a hunter. When I walked into props they worked properly. Shooting them also worked.

So it looks like I can't reproduce it on my server.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »

To be honest, it sounds very much like a content mount error.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Odd prop collisions after TTT run in conjunction with other fretta gamemodes... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length