Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:14 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Some minor suggestions for ttt
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some minor suggestions for ttt  (Read 6617 times)
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« on: November 28, 2010, 05:18:31 AM »

Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum for some time, and I've seen bad suggestions, as well as nice ones. Now I figured I would go along and make some myself.

Keep in mind, though, that they may not be to good according to certain standards. If you don't like them, tell me why, and I'll try to give an argument. If the idea is that bad, I stand corrected. Anyhow, here they are:

Detective team chat

The mini-title says it all. A shift-chat for the detectives to communicate privately

Weapons on players

Ever get sick of having to go through a hassle of trying to see someone's primary or secondary? Well this is a good solution. When a primary weapon is holstered, the weapon could be shown on the person's back, and the secondary would be on their upper thigh, or where their holster is. (Not sure if this is very possible without some glitches. then again, I know almost nothing about lua, so I don't know its true potential.)

Small health indicator

An extremely minor addition that states what your health status is. You know how you can look at someone, and it says "healthy", "hurt", "wounded, etc? Well it would tell you what other people see when they look at you. So if you were wounded to others, the text would say "you are wounded," and so on and so forth. It would be preferably located near your health bar, in the form of small text.

So yeah, most of these suggestions are very very minor, but could be somewhat useful on different occasions. That is all :D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:48:34 PM by Lieutenant McNugget »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:37:43 AM »

Detective chat will result in detectives only chatting to each other about anything they find, leaving the innocent out of the process and making it more boring for those players.

I won't get into the others as I have not personally played TTT in several iterations.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 05:46:46 AM »

Ohh, okay. I understand. So it has been suggested and turned down before. I'll remove it from the list on the op.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:48:14 AM by Lieutenant McNugget »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »

I think being able to hide your weapon is pretty important to the game. Changing it would really upset balance.

I'll look at an extra health indication showing your coarse status. Maybe just an option to colour your health bar according to your status, so green = healthy, orange = wounded etc.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:30:34 PM »

I agree with BKU, however I like the health indicator idea.
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

I think being able to hide your weapon is pretty important to the game. Changing it would really upset balance.

I'll look at an extra health indication showing your coarse status. Maybe just an option to colour your health bar according to your status, so green = healthy, orange = wounded etc.

Okay. Sounds good.
JoshFace
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »

Love that idea.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »

Well, it's going to be a text label instead because at "healthy" the bright green bar looked horrible.
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »

Yay! one of my suggestions made it on ttt :). At least most likely it will
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »

I have another quick suggestion. It would be helpful if the console command "cl_cleardecals" was ran as soon as everyone is assigned a team. That way pre-round phase blood wouldn't be mixed up with mid-round phase blood, since people tend to crowbar eachother a lot before the round starts.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »

You mean "r_cleardecals". And that every client should run it on the round start hook, is simple enough to make, look here you go!

local function ClearPostRoundDecals()
for k, v in ipairs(player.GetAll()) do
v:ConCommand("r_cleardecals")
end
end
hook.Add("TTTBeginRound","ClearPostRoundDecals",ClearPostRoundDecals)

Stick that in "lua/autorun/server/" whatever you want it to be named, and simply execute it.
It'll run "r_cleardecals" on every player when each round starts, Aka, no blood.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Lieutenant McNugget
Poster

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »

Ohh, okay. Thanks
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »

Thats already on my server, you can see it in action if you want, but i dont see why you would. xD

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Some minor suggestions for ttt « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length