Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:35:08 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Weird Error....
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird Error....  (Read 2995 times)
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« on: November 26, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »

I am making a swep and I am getting this annoying error, when on single player, the ply:SteamID() is returning as a generic STEAM_ID_0_0_0 while if I run it client side it is the proper users steam ID. This isn't really a problem because this only happens on single player, but it does get really annoying, why does this happen? Is there a fix? Or do I just have to make the client send the server the real steam ID?

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »

Have you tried testing on a listen server ("create multiplayer") rather than singleplayer?
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »

yea. it works fine it just single player, but I am wondering why this happens on single player...

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »

I would say that in singleplayer the server does not even try to get the steamid of players, because it's not an online game and will only ever have one person.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Weird Error.... « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length