Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:37 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Dartgun
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dartgun  (Read 3557 times)
JoshFace
Poster

« on: November 21, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »

We have a pretty neat custom weapon on our fairly new TTT server, Octarine Moon. (British server)

Basically, crossbow model. silent firing, silent hit. As it's a crossbow, easy to spot from far away though. 2 ammo. Hit someone and they go green, and will die, if on full health, in exactly one minute. Health drains slowly. They have time to find a detective so he can keep them alive with a health station, or choose to let them die and dna scan them, though the DNa lasts for a very short amount of time so they must die by the detective. Good way to find a traitor though. Health stations can be poisoned, which poisons all who use it, but it goes green and is obvious, and also still gives health out. Due to health station charge, only one person can really be kept alive. We are going to possibly implement a one use antidote. People poisoned by health stations are cured after 2 minutes.

I think it's well balanced, sniping leaves no DNA from range, this does. If you hit them with a dart then you still have a while for them to die and they can find a detective. Basically, normal shooting is better, but this creates panic and easily takes out health stations.

Check out our site at http://octarinemoon.co.uk
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »

We were going to implement a similar item, yet are focussing on redeveloping our VIP system atm. I would get rid of the health station poisoning and instead have it so the health station actually cures you.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

It's a good idea, but the dart is not a bullet: its a projectile, like the knife. You must lead the target, and SNIPING with a projectile is pretty hard, you gotta lead the target like 7 meters afar, and the target may turn around or something.

Good idea though.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »

Nothing new. Almost every server that isn't vanilla has made themselves a dart gun that shoots somebody and kills them shortly after in one way or another. I personally never liked it, but this is the best one I've seen. So, +1.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
JoshFace
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

It's a good idea, but the dart is not a bullet: its a projectile, like the knife. You must lead the target, and SNIPING with a projectile is pretty hard, you gotta lead the target like 7 meters afar, and the target may turn around or something.

The dart is a bullet as far as the game and lua is concerned. Try playing before you assume problems. :D

We were going to implement a similar item, yet are focussing on redeveloping our VIP system atm. I would get rid of the health station poisoning and instead have it so the health station actually cures you.

Good luck with your VIP system. Are you using Evolve? Good idea, the health station poisoning is rarely used because of the obvious green colour it goes, but I think we'll keep it in for now. Also, I don't think the health station curing you is a good idea, I love the gameplay and panic created when people are being kept alive on a health station. The atmosphere steps up a notch as soon as someone is poisoned.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Dartgun « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length