Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:12:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestions to improve default weapons
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggestions to improve default weapons  (Read 5198 times)
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »

I like the default weapons, but there are ways to improve them. I think it's great that the accuracy improves when you use iron sights, but with some weapons it's a pain to use them since the model animation for the recoil often gets in the way, especially for the M16. This ultimately makes it useless and annoying. My suggestion to fix this is that with some weapons where the iron sights are just obstructing your view, the weapons just get closer to the body, if you understand what I mean.

Another issue - when aiming with the sniper or with some other weapon when you need to hit someone who is a great distance away from you, the aiming can be hard as you need pixel perfection. My suggestion for this would be to, when aiming down the sights or with the sniper scope, to make the aiming slower.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »

I'm bad at shooting please make it easier for me

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »

I'm bad at shooting please make it easier for me
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:03 PM »

A feature in the game is completely pointless please make it have a use.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »

Not that I should ever take what a guy with trollface as avatar says seriously, but these changes can't be compared to making the damage for every weapon 100000 hitpoints per shot and including an auto-aimer for it at the same time, these are changes that would just make it more userfriendly. Like the guy above me pointed out, what's the point in ironsights if they are in the way? And why should I have to adjust my mouse sensitivity every time I want to aim with a scoped weapon? I use the sensitivity I use because it's adjusted for the regular FOV, not one that's much more zoomed in.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »

Not going to add variable sensitivity. You can get a mouse with dpi changing buttons for that.

I pretty much agree that the ironsights can be annoying, this is mainly because they don't have a more subtle ironsight-specific animation for when you are zoomed. Might add modified "unrealistic" ironsight positions, where the gun is just down at the bottom and out of the way, as an optional thing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 02:47:58 PM »

Ironsights will have the gun lower by default in next version (now in SVN). It can be disabled in settings to get the old positioning back.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:13 AM »

Some weapons just need balancing so they can compete.

Pistol needs more damage.
Crowbar needs to do 30 damage.
HUGE needs slightly less spread or recoil.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »

Some weapons just need balancing so they can compete.

Pistol needs more damage.

Pistol is very accurate. Make a few headshots and they'll drop like flies.

Crowbar needs to do 30 damage.

I could be wrong but I believe hitting them in the head does more damage. Overall crowbar is a back up weapon and shouldn't be used to chop down people who are shooting at you.

HUGE needs slightly less spread or recoil.

The HUGE is still a room cleaner and by far THE weapon to have on low to medium range. I wouldn't buff it, nor nerf it for that matter.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestions to improve default weapons « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length