Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:12:49 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: BKU Community Server
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: BKU Community Server  (Read 12724 times)
jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 09:59:04 PM »

I like this

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 12:11:07 AM »

Don't be sorry bigbadboo i believe your intentions where just to point out we have a large ass server because of large demand of players yes we would like to see all 4 servers full but people who are regulars at TTT#1 Don't often change there habits.

You should force them to change their habits. Change the haste mode back to regular, make the 18 man a haste mode, and make it to where you have two 24 man servers. See if that works. It's only a theory, but with the right advertising you can pull that off, and might potentially have two full servers during week days. Try running that by the other admins. I'm thinking variations of it could work.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »

A vanilla server would be 15 man, (you people forget that originally the zombie master would pick the traitors.)
And then just base TTT, nothing more nothing less. (16 man allows that one more person though)

However as far as I know, the people that would appreciate this the most (the forum users) would use it for a few weeks and then tire of it.

There was talk of BKU hosting a server to publicly test builds. Or something along those lines.

In short, good idea in theory. Doesn't work in practice.

Before detective though, that has to be added in now.

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 09:46:56 PM »

I would like a public server with a seperate SVN, to give BKU a place to test new weapons and whatnot. Rather then gathering playtesters, he can just test it in his very own server! It would never die, due to people wanting to get new stuff before everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:48:49 PM by Raneman »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »

The problem with public testing is that not everyone who joins the server is aware that this might be a server with possible unstable builds. I'm pretty sure he's not in the mood for stupid comments when something does break down, and testing doesn't quite work if people want to play a decent game (OMFG WHY DID MAP CHANGE).
I suppose uploading the latest stable SVN build onto the server would iron out a couple of issues that went unnoticed, but usually server admins will be more then happy to make BKU aware of any issues that might arise.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

I am sure, BKU already has his own private test server. If he doesn't, more than welcome to have one.
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: BKU Community Server « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length