Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:11:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: BKU Community Server
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BKU Community Server  (Read 12733 times)
bigbadboo
Poster

« on: November 08, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »

My proposition : That the community / BKU gets an official TTT server. Ran by a select few on the forum due to BKU being very busy.

Implementation:

- I provide a free 18 slot gmod server with tcadmin control.

- Server leader chosen by a forum vote or by BKU.

- Admins chosen in a similar fashion.

- Provides SOLID TTT with no modifications at all.

Possible Drawbacks:

- Too many to count, im just throwing this idea out there with the offer. I run a custom server because I need too, not because I want too.
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »

I dont see why we would need another vanilla server there are plently out there.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »

I dont see why we would need another vanilla server there are plently out there.

It is the way the gamemode is supposed to be played.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 01:51:05 AM »

If that was the case then there wouldn't be support for custom weapons.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »

If that was the case then there wouldn't be support for custom weapons.

Variety is good don't get me wrong, but I just thought it would be nice to have a server that just wants to play the game, without the need to out compete others etc.

For example I run 26 slots, not because I want too but because it keeps the server popular along with my group.
And with ECG im shore running a 28 slot server is not down to them feeling this is the best number for TTT.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:14:25 AM »

For example I run 26 slots, not because I want too but because it keeps the server popular along with my group.
And with ECG im shore running a 28 slot server is not down to them feeling this is the best number for TTT.

It's for server popularity, and they have 16 man, 18 man. In didn't always used to be that way sadly. They claim to be a vanilla server, but in all honestly I think the server size plays into the vanilla claim as well. If other words if you wanna claim to have a vanilla server then I think you should have the right amount of slots. Just my opinion.

EDIT: When I said "you" I didn't mean you. I meant in general. Just to clarify.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:16:06 AM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »

i have a 24 Slot Server With a Mannmax's Suicide bomb But vanilla guns.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:02 AM »

We had what was very close to an official server, which was Soduka's, but basically it started dying out because forumites were getting a little tired of TTT, and when Soduka asked if he should keep paying monthly for it we were like "eh nah better not it isn't too popular anymore"

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:59:49 AM »

ECG run a 28 man server because of player demand TTT #1 for ECG is the most popular server, at a number of times we in fact have people ask for larger player sizes as it can become allot more fun. (completely dependent upon the number of trolls in the server but this is same of any server)

People also enjoy the smaller 16 man server this is also rather full and the second most enjoyed TTT server for ECG, we have also a 24 man and a 18 man server neither of which are filled often. Basically they are popular so we will leave them how they are at there current states, thats what the players like we do not care what the dictated vanilla number of players are because players enjoy how things are now.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »

Sorry to of mentioned ECG, it was not in any offence. I was just clarifying the point that the PEZ server is 26 slot due to popularity (being 2nd) to the ECG server (being 1st).

It would just be nice to have a server with literally no modifications at all, a decent slot size and no advertisements.

I will probably set one up anyone as PEZ #1 and #2 are normally full during the euro zone, but I thought I would make the offer.

EDIT:

i have a 24 Slot Server With a Mannmax's Suicide bomb But vanilla guns.

Thats not vanilla.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 01:31:20 PM »

I smell the real reason of this thread:

You want to make a official server for popularity for YOUR community. Not for this community. Ergo.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 02:13:47 PM »

I smell the real reason of this thread:

You want to make a official server for popularity for YOUR community. Not for this community. Ergo.

I want a server with no advertisements and have stated that several times, yet I am advertising my own community? ermm...

The only similarity between the server and my current GMOD servers would be the IP. After 6 months, my host still has not given me the three extra IP's. If this is a worry as soon as I obtain them, the server would be moved.

At the end of the day, I don't really need to promote my group. On a personal level I just want to play on a server without what's mentioned above, which im sure alot of you can relate to nowadays.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:19:36 PM by bigbadboo »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »

A vanilla server would be 15 man, (you people forget that originally the zombie master would pick the traitors.)
And then just base TTT, nothing more nothing less. (16 man allows that one more person though)

However as far as I know, the people that would appreciate this the most (the forum users) would use it for a few weeks and then tire of it.

There was talk of BKU hosting a server to publicly test builds. Or something along those lines.

In short, good idea in theory. Doesn't work in practice.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 03:12:54 PM »

If BKU wanted a server he would have one.  Right?  
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:32 PM »

My beef with current servers:

1. There's no way you can solve this one, because it will always be a problem, but It's here for the sake of being here. I'm either fed up with little kids, or the losers that tease them, and spam my ear with retarded mockings of them, and rdm them, and then make THEM fuckin' cry on the mic about rdm. Endless cycle of mic dribble to make my ears bleed. I'm glad I can mute people. They're equally annoying.

2. Bad admins who exercise their powers because they don't wanna get rusty, like slaying for two(even one!) innocent kills. Also admins that will ignore you when you're RDM'd or act like they're afk, but when their friend is RDM'd they won't waste a second to lend a hand. Some servers more than others.

3. People who cry about being rdm'd while they're innocent just purely because they wanna cry like babies instead of maybe having almost solved the case, or something else a little more relevantly less pathetic.

Can you fix all of this? FYI this is more of a rant than an actual anything at all. It's healthy.  8)

phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »

Haven't experienced ANY of this myself, mainly because everyone goes silent and behaves when i join my server xD

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 06:49:21 PM »

Haven't experienced ANY of this myself, mainly because everyone goes silent and behaves when i join my server xD

That's true with most of the popular servers. Nobody wants to fuck around when the one person who can perma without reason is on.

phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »

That's true with most of the popular servers. Nobody wants to fuck around when the one person who can perma without reason is on.

perma without reason

I can, but i don't want to loose any playerbase :)

bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »

I can, but i don't want to loose any playerbase :)

Never stopped me.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »

Don't be sorry bigbadboo i believe your intentions where just to point out we have a large ass server because of large demand of players yes we would like to see all 4 servers full but people who are regulars at TTT#1 Don't often change there habits.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: BKU Community Server « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length