Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:59:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Few Teleporter Ideas + Ironsights
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Few Teleporter Ideas + Ironsights  (Read 5585 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: November 06, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

So I was playing TTT (like always) on dm_bigtraps and I saw someone falling off the map. He fell right in front of me. I ID the body and he was traitor; he had a teleporter. And I had an idea.

1. So what about being able to teleport in mid-air? Obviously, the teleporting animation should be quicker, otherwise you would hit the floor before you teleport. Detective falling? He uses his tele as a sweet escape. Traitor being chased? Jump down a cliff and teleport; they may think you're dead.

2. When someone teleports, you can see something in the floor, like a "part" of the teleporter. So I got an idea there: Make the Detective DNA that "part" of the teleporter in the floor. It isn't going to lead the Detective to the user, but it will lead him to the exit of the teleporter.

NOTE: If the traitor puts another location and teleports again, the DNA of the previous "part" of the teleporter will be useless, sending out a message: "User changed location!"

So that's all about the teleporter ideas.

Now let's talk about the ironsights.

- I think they're actually useless. They are suposed to increase your aim, but once you shot a bullet, the aim goes crazy. They should be steadier.

And... Just a questions about "graphical" stuff:

When you enter the ironsights, everything "outside" the ironsights should be "bloomed", giving more accuracy to the user. This could be toggled in the F1 menu, (if you want to use it or not).

So I'll be waiting for your comments guys.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:44:16 PM »

I don't think it should be "bloomed". I think you definitely mean blurred.

EDIT: Also I like the teleporter idea, just not the falling and trying to tp part. Sounds 90% like you're trying to rehash your death faker.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:45:42 PM by Meta-Stick »

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »

FUUUU. That's what happens when you type fast. Yeah, blurred.

Also, this teleport *may* work as a death faker, but it isn't going to drop a fake body or anything. You gotta learn how to use it, so people think you died.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 04:57:15 AM »

I like the idea of scanning the teleporter cum and finding the other part of it.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »

the teleporter cum

It is pretty exciting being able to teleport

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

That sounds like it'd be pretty kickass.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 06:20:40 PM »

By the way, some traitors (like me) set a teleport location in the traitor room (Lost Temple) so it would be useless for detectives on that map.

And for the blurred ironsights, just like I said earlier, it should be toggled, because some people have a low perfomance computer, and the blur requires a good PC.

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:38 AM »

Well BKU I think you already read this, but can I ask you to write whadya think please? So I can change some stuff, make it better, etc.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

Neither option is particularly feasible. The teleporter freezes the user before starting the teleport, this is necessary to prevent him from using other equipment that will interfere with the teleport in creative ways or allow exploits. Making the ground marking lead to the user would be a massive, massive nerf to the teleport.

Also, you'll find your eyes are very good at leaving things you are not looking at out of focus. You will not "gain accuracy" if the game randomly blurs shit for you.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »

Neither option is particularly feasible. The teleporter freezes the user before starting the teleport, this is necessary to prevent him from using other equipment that will interfere with the teleport in creative ways or allow exploits. Making the ground marking lead to the user would be a massive, massive nerf to the teleport.

Also, you'll find your eyes are very good at leaving things you are not looking at out of focus. You will not "gain accuracy" if the game randomly blurs shit for you.

Talking 'bout freezing the player, you could do 2 things here:

- When you're falling and use your teleport, the player "freezes", but he keeps falling; I mean he can't look around, or anything.

- Or, when you're falling and use it, you freeze mid-air and teleport.

And the major problem of the ironsights are that they aren't steady, you shoot a bullet and the weapon goes crazy. It's way easier to shoot someone really far away with the crosshair than with the ironsights.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:41:16 PM by EpicBox »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 03:18:49 PM »

Well yes, I can think of blatantly obvious ways to fix it, but I don't like either of them. The "fall while frozen" option would take serious effort, and freezing in mid-air is ugly.

The ironsights problem is fixed in v20 via an optional setting that moves the gun model down and out of the way while ironsighting.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »

Oh well, then we could say the teleporter idea is down.

And sweet, I hope the new ironsights become more useful than the actual ones.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Few Teleporter Ideas + Ironsights « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length