Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:09:03 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2  (Read 15080 times)
Sly
Poster

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »

I don't think the team-killing would be a problem, as long as the traps have proper kill attribution. Then again, I don't know if there is this on this map, as I have played it once.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »

It is. But that doesn't stop some people.
It's a silly complaint, and Im not too terribly worried about it.

Glad to hear you're expanding the spawn.

www.dnr-gaming.com
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 03:19:53 AM »

I think the space ship objective is a little bit difficult to do without the round ending even without interference unless you have a large, cooperative server--especially if haste mode is on.  I've activated the sequence twice, but never witnessed the full effect because there are 7 objects (3 gas canisters, a ball, a laser, a battery, and a mine) to find, plus there's the teleportation and assembly processes and finally the 30 second delay.

After the delay, does everyone still at the cottage die?  Does the game continue in the space ship if there are traitors and innocents on board?

Regardless, I really like the idea--it's truly brilliant--but it doesn't work very well with lower player counts.  I'll leave it to you to decide if that's an issue or not.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »

I think the space ship objective is a little bit difficult to do without the round ending even without interference unless you have a large, cooperative server--especially if haste mode is on.  I've activated the sequence twice, but never witnessed the full effect because there are 7 objects (3 gas canisters, a ball, a laser, a battery, and a mine) to find, plus there's the teleportation and assembly processes and finally the 30 second delay.

After the delay, does everyone still at the cottage die?  Does the game continue in the space ship if there are traitors and innocents on board?

Regardless, I really like the idea--it's truly brilliant--but it doesn't work very well with lower player counts.  I'll leave it to you to decide if that's an issue or not.

It's just a secondary objective if the players want to do it, but it creates a perfect opportunity for the traitors, since you need to cross many traps to find the objects, and the innocents will probably spread out so the traitors won't risk getting detected either.

And yes, everyone who's still by the cottage and in the complex will die.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »

It's just a secondary objective if the players want to do it, but it creates a perfect opportunity for the traitors, since you need to cross many traps to find the objects, and the innocents will probably spread out so the traitors won't risk getting detected either.

And yes, everyone who's still by the cottage and in the complex will die.

Okay.  Yeah, I didn't personally think it was really an issue per se as much as it was an observation.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 01:17:55 AM »

Few things:

-You can easily get on top of the house by jumping on peoples heads because of the hills around the house. And if you keep it that way the top of the chimney is no draw for the record.

-The stairs crusher thing gets jammed by guns all the time.

-Theres some black line where the top and the walls of the skybox meet around the whole thing.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »

Another thing: if you place the gas can in the cottage under the lever and then pull the lever, you get it stuck, keeping anyone from getting down the ladder and having the entire round in the cottage and the small surrounding land.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 12:17:40 AM »

Okay I've summed up some points that I will try to fix for the next beta, but that won't be for at least a week, thanks for the feedback!
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 01:35:30 AM »

Beta 2 is released! Changelog and new download link can be found in main post!
Tigermisu
Poster

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »

You made me buy Bloody Good Time because this map was inspired on it.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »

It's an RDM fest and there aren't enough spawn points.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

It's an RDM fest and there aren't enough spawn points.

1. The traps are logged, get better admins.

2. If 28 spawn points ain't enough, switch to wave spawning(ttt_spawn_wave_interval).
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »

We tested the 28 spawn points on an actual 28 player server, and people got stuck in each other.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »

You... didn't really listen to my suggestions.

The spawn is small, people spawn into eachother. Why not let us into the grass?

There cottage is bigger sure, but now there's only two ways in
I suggest putting the windows back, putting in a second way underground, and maybe a back door?

Otherwise, its a decent map.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »

You... didn't really listen to my suggestions.

The spawn is small, people spawn into eachother. Why not let us into the grass?

There cottage is bigger sure, but now there's only two ways in
I suggest putting the windows back, putting in a second way underground, and maybe a back door?

Otherwise, its a decent map.

I suppose I should go have a look at it. I need to fix that chute anyway, which is too small. I get weird designing choices when I rush things I suppose. I'm glad you show interest in the map though.
Tigermisu
Poster

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 02:23:01 AM »

I love this map.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 06:37:21 AM »

I suppose I should go have a look at it. I need to fix that chute anyway, which is too small. I get weird designing choices when I rush things I suppose. I'm glad you show interest in the map though.

I have an idea for the map. Two entrances into the underground. There will be the one inside the house currently (Ladder hidden underneath the Fireplace) and a hole BEHIND the house that should be covered with planks that are breakable. Here's the difference though, the hole in the backyard will have no ladder, one way street down, but big enough and deep enough to not cause fall damage, but also not let people be able to block the entrance. The ladder entrance shall be left the way it is, so that people can go back upstairs for that Gas Can or to kill AFK's / Campers. Also, before you do this, make sure to leave a way to open the Fire Place from UNDERNEATH, because if everyone goes in from the back end and no one opens it, how will people get back up?
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

I have an idea for the map. Two entrances into the underground. There will be the one inside the house currently (Ladder hidden underneath the Fireplace) and a hole BEHIND the house that should be covered with planks that are breakable. Here's the difference though, the hole in the backyard will have no ladder, one way street down, but big enough and deep enough to not cause fall damage, but also not let people be able to block the entrance. The ladder entrance shall be left the way it is, so that people can go back upstairs for that Gas Can or to kill AFK's / Campers. Also, before you do this, make sure to leave a way to open the Fire Place from UNDERNEATH, because if everyone goes in from the back end and no one opens it, how will people get back up?

This is actually a really good idea. Also, the fireplace opens automatically on round start - foolproof!
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length