Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:53:37 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2  (Read 15097 times)
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« on: November 05, 2010, 02:34:42 AM »

Hello, this is my third map for TTT. I was inspired by the newly released game Bloody Good Time, and therefore the map will be focusing a lot on traps. Thanks to the entity that logs who presses the buttons to the traps, griefing will hopefully not be a problem.

The map takes place inside (and beneath) a cottage located deep, deep inside a forest, and is only accessible by helicopter or by walking. Inside the cottage, there is a hidden entrance that leads you straight into the underground complex that was built there, together with a bunch of traps. But what was its purpose, and who built it?!

It's now released! Find it on ToyBox or here:

Here are some screenshots:

Changelog:
b2:

[li]Much bigger cabin[/li]
    [li]Much bigger spawn area[/li]
    [li]More air ducts for better/more varied transportation around the map[/li]
    [li]Two more trap rooms[/li]
    [li]Various fixes to make it better working in sandbox for those who like that[/li]
    [li]Manymanymany bugfixes[/li]

(Planned for) b3:

[li]Bigger chute for dropping down into the complex[/li]
    [li]Even more spawnpoints[/li]
    [li]More entrances[/li]
    [li]More traps?[/li]
    [li]More optimized[/li]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:46:58 PM by Fuffe »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47:26 AM »

And no download... Again.

*sigh* :(
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 01:22:44 PM »

lol

I read "trampy cottage."

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Will_Kill
Poster

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 02:43:14 PM »

And no download... Again.

*sigh* :(

Hence the WIP. >_>
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 10:24:34 PM »

Not very many pictures, but the outside trees surrounding the map looks kind of strange.  Try a 3d skybox.

Looks like the textures aren't lightmapgeneric or something, because they're super bright.
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »

lol

I read "trampy cottage."

I thought it said crappy for the longest time....

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »

I thought it said crappy for the longest time....

That's why I chose the name.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 01:43:29 AM »

Main post updated with more screenshots and info. As you can see I've fixed the tree texture up a bit, though I'm not quite satisifed with it yet. Fun fact: I actually took the picture of the trees myself when I was riding in a car!
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 02:49:55 AM »

Seems a bit small, what type of server size is this map targeting ?
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:32 AM »

Seems a bit small, what type of server size is this map targeting ?

I might be mistaken, but I think it's like the Hive from Resident Evil movies.  Where there is a small house on top, but underneath a large network.  A better example might be Lost Temple. 
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »

I might be mistaken, but I think it's like the Hive from Resident Evil movies.  Where there is a small house on top, but underneath a large network.  A better example might be Lost Temple. 

That's right.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 02:13:05 PM »

The map is released! New screenshots in main post.

It can be found on ToyBox or here:

GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 03:28:30 AM »

The space ship is awesome.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 05:03:41 AM »

It's up on DNR. :) Hope to play it soon.

www.dnr-gaming.com
CS25230
Poster

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »

I'm having alot issues with the spawns. Players getting stuck in walls and whatnot.
CS25230
Poster

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »

It's an interesting decision... to have players spawn in a small room with props. Most of the time traitors will buy a polter quickly and kill everyone within seconds. Not to mention having the luck of picking up a weapon first and slaughtering everyone.

The map layout has a lot of long stretches of hallways which tends to make it difficult for traitors to get away from their victims before getting caught.

I understand that this is the first beta, just felt like sharing my initial impressions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:05:10 PM by CS25230 »
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 09:05:02 PM »

It's an interesting decision... to have players spawn in a small room with props. Most of the time traitors will buy a polter quickly and kill everyone within seconds. Not to mention having the luck of picking up a weapon first and slaughtering everyone.

The map layout has a lot of long stretches of hallways which tends to make it difficult for traitors to get away from their victims before getting caught.

I understand that this is the first beta, just felt like sharing my initial impressions.

Good thinking. I'll make the models in the house static for the next beta, and I'll probably branch out the hallways more and add small niches where you can go and activate your teleporter.

About the spawns, do you have the latest SVN? It should fix the spawning in walls problems. But I think I need to flatten out the area outside the cabin where you spawn, or make it larger. I can imagine it gets really cramped with enough players.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »

I have a question. Why did you make all the traps accessible for innocents as well? The amount of team killing is ridiculous.
I'd suggest using info_manipulates from ZM instead.

Also, the spawn area is so ridiculously cramped. You should make the area larger / make the cottage slightly bigger as well, with more entrances.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Vegi
Poster

Fuck yeah

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 02:09:54 AM »

the spawn area is so ridiculously cramped. You should make the area larger / make the cottage slightly bigger as well, with more entrances.

Then add your own weapons and spawns.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 11:47:22 AM »

I have a question. Why did you make all the traps accessible for innocents as well? The amount of team killing is ridiculous.

Team killing is not something I created. Everyone can just kill anyone they want with a gun already, for which I hope they get punished for. You should punish the people who do this too, it gets logged when people kills someone with the traps.

I also didn't want to use the marker buttons because it gets so impersonal when the traitors can just hide behind the walls and press them.

Also, the spawn area is so ridiculously cramped. You should make the area larger / make the cottage slightly bigger as well, with more entrances.

Will do this.
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_trappycottage_b2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length