Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:19:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestion: Skeleton Key, Scanner 2.0
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggestion: Skeleton Key, Scanner 2.0  (Read 6515 times)
SomesOfNemo
Poster

« on: October 31, 2010, 12:56:01 AM »

I think a key that locks a door from crowbar or activation for say 30 seconds would be good, it would allow a traitor to escape.  The skeleton key could probably be kept in the lock after use, and the door not lockable again, but the detective can scan the door. Detective's could even have an item to unlock doors that have been keyed, so in god-forbid they have one on them whilst chasing the traitor, they could use it, or to get to C4. 
My other suggestion is the scanner 2.0. It could scan a dna sample, and whilst scanning more rapidly, it would have a disadvantage, perhaps the person being scanned being alerted they are being scanned, or the scanner not scanning accurately, and perhaps throwing the scan off by a few yards.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 01:06:53 AM »

Both of the ideas sound pretty neat.  However, how many uses could that skeleton key be used for?  Saying the detective/innocent doesn't take the guy for their own personal use.  The scanner worries me a bit because if it is thrown off by a few yards, they might shoot another innocent by mistake rather than giving a clear answer.  However, the idea of it alerting the person being scanned is pretty good.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

I like the Skeleton Key: it would be awesome to lock the doors, so you can make a clean escape or throw an incendiary inside a room and lock the door... OR plant a C4, and lock the door so everyone dies.

But I'm sure some people will say it needs some limitations.

Like:

The Key has the same "use" method like the C4: when you'll lock a door, you can choose how much time you want it to be locked. By the way, the lock will have DNA: the longer the lock is set, the longer the DNA will last.

And the Scanner 2.0 sounds pretty sweet, but my money's on Firespray: if the scanner throws the scan off by a few yards, and the scanner shows an innocent, that would increase RDM. So the idea of the "scanned" being alerted is legit.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:22 PM »

I would lock all the doors on the sniper version of bank. R.I.P. Sniper version.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »

I know something like a skeleton key has been suggested in the past.  Nothing seemed came about it back then.  Maybe it can be implemented now? 
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9354.msg346162#msg346162

Scanner 2.0 seems like a nice upgrade perhaps.  Not really needed, but it's not a bad idea. 
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »

30 Seconds is a bit long, the c4 takes  atleast 45 seconds, you just got to keep them busy for the other 15.

For the Scanner 2.0, I don't think we need 2 items to do the same job, considering you get the scanner on spawn. I have always wanted side grades, multiple knives (that have disadvantages and advantages, but of course, only 1 knife). I would support multiple scanners if you got to choose which one you get on spawn, but considering you get one for free, this seems like a waste.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:50:01 AM »

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9354.msg346162#msg346162

I did like this idea. A lock that could be picked in 20 seconds or instantly opened with a detective's tool. Perhaps the defuser name could be changed and do both C4 and this?
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »

If the Skeleton key opens ANY locked doors, then no.

If it ONLY opens doors locked by a traitor locker thing, then yes.
Just my 2 cents.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »

For the Scanner 2.0, I don't think we need 2 items to do the same job, considering you get the scanner on spawn. I have always wanted side grades, multiple knives (that have disadvantages and advantages, but of course, only 1 knife). I would support multiple scanners if you got to choose which one you get on spawn, but considering you get one for free, this seems like a waste.

I don't think he means a separate DNA Scanner, but an updated version of the current one.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

Its hardly an updated version if it is worse
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »

You should try playing some more video games

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »

Derp a herp.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »

The Skeleton Key is still an interesting idea.  Any more thoughts on it?
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »

I'm not sure that TTT uses doors enough for the skeleton key to be useful.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:12 AM »

I'm not sure that TTT uses doors enough for the skeleton key to be useful.

It depends on the map actually. If you've played ttt_cluedo you could see that some way of locking a door could be useful, like when planting a C4 to get a quick escape.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestion: Skeleton Key, Scanner 2.0 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length