Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor passive idea: The Predator
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor passive idea: The Predator  (Read 6397 times)
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« on: October 30, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »

For 1 credit, you get a "radar" of sorts that tracks the most wounded by showing a path trailing from them when they move around the map (This is just 1 possible idea for how it tracks the wounded, I'll need to think of more.) This would allow traitors to hunt the easiest kills to lower the number of innos dramatically without as much effort. The more they are wounded, the stronger the effect, so someone near death would have all the traitors in the map going after them. This encourages innocents to bond with each other and create relationships by sticking together.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:00:00 PM by Raneman »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »

This idea reminds me of the Blood Seeker from DotA.....

This encourages innocents to bond with each other and create relationships by sticking together.

This made me laugh. This reminds of all the times I go, "God damn, are you innocent, well I'll just assume so, and if you kill me I" *KNIFE*

Few problems I can think of with this idea.

If a detective or innocent sees someone on low health they may want to follow them and use them as bait for the traitor (I would), may not be a down side though,

If it is the classic (1v1) final battle, could this idea be similar to wall hacks?
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 10:30:51 PM »

The final battles' results wouldn't change too much, because most of the time once the engagement starts, there's no stopping it anyway. Wallhacks won't give you too much of an advantage, and the effect doesn't have to go through walls.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:39:19 PM by Raneman »
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:04:13 PM »

Maybe it should be a bit different:

- If you're a traitor, when you check the player list (default TAB) you'll see the health status of everyone. Maybe this is too overpowered, we may change it a bit: You'll see the health status of people that is under 50 HP.

I don't know if this would be OP...

So let's wait for King to check your idea.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:15:59 PM »

If you only see the health of people UNDER 50 hp, then everyone else is OK, maybe wounded or hurt but not badly or near death. With deductive reasoning, anyone who's health isnt on the TAB list, is fine. Why dont you just see everyones health in that case..

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 07:45:07 PM »

I don't see the point. Everyone can already observe the health levels of people they can target. Why do they need a way of seeing it for everyone all the time? What problem does this solve?
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »

perhaps instead of showing wounded, etc, it gives you a direct value when you look at them

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »

Why not have "predator vision". Simple to do, just different colours for different health levels. Makes it easier to tell from distance who to aim for without scoping each player individually.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 04:28:32 AM »

It should also make the Traitor speed up when close to enemies with low health, and each attack gets the traitor more health and mana.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 05:41:35 AM »

It should also make the Traitor speed up when close to enemies with low health, and each attack gets the traitor more health and mana.

Warcraft much :P
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:42:39 AM by Manmax75 »

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 01:29:40 AM »

The point is to guide newer players into easy kills so they aren't so useless. It's not meant for veteran players.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 03:20:45 AM »

You mean higher movement speed, and upon killing them you gain 20% of their health.  8)

The point is to guide newer players into easy kills so they aren't so useless. It's not meant for veteran players.

So you're asking for a noob friendly item then? Make up your mind. Either way, I think you've gotten everyone less interested by claiming it's more to help the newer players. I hardly think BKU is inclined to add an item item that'll only be used by a certain group of players.

Might I indulge however and say, after some thought... What do you think of instead of the radar showing the innocents as green blips, it would show their blip color as their health color. Maybe even not be as detailed as actual visual sight, like there would only be three colors instead of the gradient; green 100-65, orange 64-21, and red 20-1(just estimates)? Would that be too hard to code? Also the detective would remain blue, and not let the traitors see an approximate of their health. Just throwing it out there for thought, since I don't think it'd be a bad idea.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 06:40:06 PM »

And then you use your superpowers and travel the awesome world of Kalimdor, flying on those birds of WoW.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »

And then you use your superpowers and travel the awesome world of Kalimdor, flying on those birds of WoW.

HAHAHA...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »

HAHAHA...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Lol.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor passive idea: The Predator « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length