Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:07 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: How do I create a "Testing Room" (yes, the thing with the Red/Green button)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I create a "Testing Room" (yes, the thing with the Red/Green button)  (Read 3521 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: October 29, 2010, 10:39:21 PM »

Okay, I want to add a Testing Room to my map, so if a traitor enters that room, you press a button, the door of the room closes, a light appear (Red if it is a traitor, green if it is an inno).

So how do I do it?

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »

As much as I would like to help you, I am no mapper myself. I am merely posting to point out this thread http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9293.0 which is stickied for Mapping questions and answers after noticing you have made several threads recently asking for help. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just pointing it out so you don't have to keep making new threads, and I am sure someone will be by soon in order to answer your question.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »

Instead of rambling on how you are able to create the traitor tester, BKU has very generously already done just that.

If you have a look at the Garrys-mod SVN link posted somewhere in these forums, you will have access to the  .vmf mapexamples which includes:
- How to setup traitor testers
- How to setup the Weapon Checker
- How to create traitor traps

However, for your convenience, the following is the link to the map example specifically used for learning how to create a functional traitor tester.

Simply download "ttt_traitorcheck.vmf" and look around at the entity work. It shouldn't be difficult to follow.

Download File Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7d0hgz

TTT Specific Entities Help:
http://ttt.badking.net/mapping-guide
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:42:17 PM by Silverstream »
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »

Ok, thanks man; and why would you be a jerk? You're just helping me out ^^.

So thanks! I'll post my mapping doubts on the Mapping Q&A Section :D

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: How do I create a "Testing Room" (yes, the thing with the Red/Green button) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length