Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:18:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Land Mines Traitor Item
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Land Mines Traitor Item  (Read 9635 times)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« on: October 26, 2010, 11:32:57 PM »

Yes everyone has already heard of the idea of land/trip mines, my idea has a few flaws and a few original parts to it. The flaws are probably too great to be included into the offical game, but it would be cool to see as custom content perhaps.

Item: Land Mines
Class: Traitor
Cost: 1 Credit

Overview:

A traitor gets 3-5 land mines, that when stepped on, are activated. Land mines are invisible (or partially invisible), traitors can activate their own mines, but traitors can't activate each others [To Stop Griefing], but are clearly visible on the screen similar to C4.

On Plant:

When the land mine is planted the mine is given a type, based on what grenade the traitor had at the time of the planting (Smoke, Incen, Discombob). This would use up the grenade that the traitor was holding. The mines could have amplified effects (increased explosion radius). The planting animation could just be a basic throw on the ground, or you could crouch and plant it like C4.
Could also work with Flash Bangs (for the servers which have them).
[The traitor could get to choose on planting which nade to use, but I would prefer that the traitors would go look for it]

On Activation:

I have a few ideas for this, not sure which though....

1. When a player steps on it, they hear a *click* and have about 1-2 seconds to get away from it before it explodes
2. When a player steps on it, they hear a *click* and if they move the mine will explode, they can stand still til a detective gets there to get DNA.

Flaws Section:

There are some flaws with this idea, I will outline the main ones, and perhaps why they may not be a problem.

Planting Land Mines on top of ladders with a discombob.

In levels like port you can could plant a land mine at the top of a ladder (with a discombob), meaning you are likely to get a kill via fall damage, how the hell did you expect to get down undetected? (Ladders almost always fail for me in GMod)
Also they would have a second to do an epic jump over the nade hoping to launch them upwards, and if they saw you up there and survived the fall, they would call you a traitor, because you would have had to have planted the mine (or been a traitor friend that did).

Could be hard to get DNA
Not sure yet if you should be able to get DNA off them, perhaps if the second option was chosen where it only went off if the player moved would be the better option.

Feel free to give feed-back, I am interested, but please provide more thank a 1 line on why this item is bad/OP/UP/good/useless/fakeandgay
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:35:43 PM by Rectal Exambot »
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:37:50 AM »

I likes, I very much likes.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »

+support
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »

it shouldnt do full damadge (maybe 30?) imo and you should get like 5, they should make a small beeping sound but not overly visible. Ive seen them used before in modded servers and they seemed to work well

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »

it shouldnt do full damadge (maybe 30?) imo and you should get like 5, they should make a small beeping sound but not overly visible. Ive seen them used before in modded servers and they seemed to work well

Out of curiousosity, did you actually read my OP?
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 09:23:39 PM »

Another actually very good idea from Rectal. Really, where the hell do you get these?
I like the idea of the mines, though incendiaries should have reduced damage.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »

Another actually very good idea from Rectal. Really, where the hell do you get these?
I like the idea of the mines, though incendiaries should have reduced damage.

You can explode an incendiary, walk through the fire, out the other side and still be alive. So why reduce it?
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:53 AM »

You can explode an incendiary, walk through the fire, out the other side and still be alive. So why reduce it?

Exactly! Its like saying nerf the incendiary grenade.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »

Out of curiousosity, did you actually read my OP?

mehh i phased in and out...

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »

I like the idea of using grenades in a different way. I think there might be potential there besides mines as well (throwing a combo grenade of all three types taped together? I dunno, but it sounds cool).

Anyway, as a concept for land mines it prevents the "bang now you die from an invisible thing" issue that other mine suggestions have had, because these are unlikely to kill you instantly.

I would add some mechanics. For example, mines would have a HUD indicator for traitors, so they could shoot or avoid them. They would still have to explode for traitors, because otherwise innocents who somehow spot/plant a mine have a traitor checking tool. I'd also say that mines would become more visible when you get close to them, and fully visible if you're right on top. That should make them easy enough to defuse and/or scan.

Mines would have a radius around them, where if you enter that area (walking, not on a ladder) it triggers on with a click. If you then move out of the area again it explodes. It doesn't seem like ladders would be a huge problem here. They would make mines hard to avoid, but that goes for planting mines in doorways too. If you stop walking on time, you can check if it's a discomb, and then position yourself such that you don't get launched off the edge.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 08:06:04 PM »

The discombobulator for a land mine seems it would be more useful than the Newton Launcher.  Since you would get 3-5 and it is far more useful if it is using different types, although all depends on the situation.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »

The Newton Launcher is mostly used to sneak up on people and blast them off heights. A mine would require them to walk onto just the right area and leave it at just the right angle to get knocked off. I don't think it would be overpowered at all, just different.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »

I like the idea of using grenades in a different way. I think there might be potential there besides mines as well (throwing a combo grenade of all three types taped together? I dunno, but it sounds cool).

Discombo + Fire: Explosive Grenade

Slight Increase Explosive Damage (perhaps)
Increased Fire and Spread

Fire + Smoke: Tear Gas

Disorientates those caught inside (Perhaps cloudy vision, similar to being in smoke, and perhaps a sway on vision, similar to the UMP)
Could cause damage (but inivisible fire could be annoying)

Smoke + Discombob: Mist Grenade

Causes Smoke over a large spread, used to hide weapons, bodies, C4 and other incriminating evidence

[Partial Joke Idea]

Smoke + Fire + Discombob : Holy Trinity

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin.

Randomly Choses one of the 3 basic greandes, but with an amplified effect (larger radius, more damage, ect)

Edit: Yes it could be a traitor testing device, but people who do that are why we can't have nice things D:... I agree completely with you BKU.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 11:17:35 PM by Rectal Exambot »
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »

Might I suggest DNA shouldn't be obtainable from the mines. An innocent or detective equipped with a dna scanner could simply use it to grab dna from the mine and lob it outside of the mines radius for a player to grab.

The traitors location would be found out and little damage would be done to any innocent players involved.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »

Quote from:  Rectal Exambot
Snip[/quote]

Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 01:23:25 AM »

Also make sure it can't be moved or picked up.

Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 04:52:42 AM »

I think the minecount should be low- maybe 2-3, but not 5- idk, I keep seeing an entire team of traitors buying 30+ mines in total.  That could instant kill some people.  Anyway, this might have the same troubkle as the knife before it was balanced- 6 knifes for 6 ts used to easily mean 6 kills, including all the detectives.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 09:06:43 AM »

Mines wouldn't kill people, they would have the same effect as the grenade used for them.

There would have to be a limitation on how close they can be together, and 5 is a bit much.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 10:57:41 AM »

I thought 3 was a good number, but added a range just in case;
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »

discombobulator mines sound awesome
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Land Mines Traitor Item « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length