Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:56:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Server searching?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Server searching?  (Read 4218 times)
ZCaliber
Poster

« on: October 26, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »

'Ola folks. Yeah, I registered to (likely) just make one post, but eh...

Anyway, TTT is quickly becoming one of my favorite game modes, and I'm finally getting some use outta GMod after many MANY months of it just being vacantly installed on my heard drive. I love how it's part 'Mafia' (The game... Not the GTA-esque one.), part The Ship and part Clue. It adds up to something very unique and awesome and I'm loving every minute of it. The karma system, in particular, rewards being thoughtful and careful with your choices and keeps the smacktards out of the running, so to speak.

Sadly, there seems to be a TON of servers running old version of it, but only one that I've found that is both dedicated and runs the latest version. So are there servers out there that run it regularly? (The latest version?) I'm hoping it's not just the one server... Which would have its pros and cons.

I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm banking that you folks would be the ones in the know about this. A search basically was grave digging up old, and likely irrelevant, information.
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:19:54 AM »

'Ola folks. Yeah, I registered to (likely) just make one post, but eh...

Anyway, TTT is quickly becoming one of my favorite game modes, and I'm finally getting some use outta GMod after many MANY months of it just being vacantly installed on my heard drive. I love how it's part 'Mafia' (The game... Not the GTA-esque one.), part The Ship and part Clue. It adds up to something very unique and awesome and I'm loving every minute of it. The karma system, in particular, rewards being thoughtful and careful with your choices and keeps the smacktards out of the running, so to speak.

Sadly, there seems to be a TON of servers running old version of it, but only one that I've found that is both dedicated and runs the latest version. So are there servers out there that run it regularly? (The latest version?) I'm hoping it's not just the one server... Which would have its pros and cons.

I know this is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I'm banking that you folks would be the ones in the know about this. A search basically was grave digging up old, and likely irrelevant, information.

Likely your firewall is blocking your results.

There are TONS of ttt servers.

(There should be around 2000 servers in Garrysmod showing up by the way, if your firewall is set correct)
ZCaliber
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:11:31 AM »

Well, apparently it isn't. as I'm only getting 279. Welp, time to start digging around in some settings. >:\ Thanks for the heads up though.

Edit: Well crabcakes, it's not the firewall. As I get the same results with it off as I do on... Humbug, guess it's time to ask google a question and hope there's an answer. @_@

Edit 2: Well, if there's any comparison there's 4237 TF2 servers... I'm guessing there should be more than that...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:37:40 AM by ZCaliber »
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:51:41 AM »

My Gmod is messed up, and no longer showing Aussie servers,

I blame Garry
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:48:27 AM »

There are many communities with dedicated and uptodate versions of TTT so yes it might be something firewall related, country related? regardless there are many look around some of the server advertisement threads take an IP address and get searching.

I would post one here but of coarse it would be biased and post one of mine so i won't you choose where you want to go play.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »

Im interested to know which is the "dedicated up to date server".

On a side note, there is tons of TT servers that do not run the latest version he is right, but also tons that do.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:13 PM »

I know for a fact mine does ;)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Server searching? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length