Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:42:29 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA)  (Read 13784 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »

Any idea that involves taking someone else's name is pretty much out of the question.
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »

Okay... But I was mainly talking about the Death Faker; which would be a pretty awesome add to TTT. So whatd'ya think about that?

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 08:22:06 AM »

Conceptually I think faking your own death would be a neat thing to have.

The problem is that it reduces the trustworthiness of corpses as a source of information for innocents. This is why I've always rejected stuff that involved changing information on a corpse and similar ideas.

It would have to come with serious downsides to compensate that. For example, it could take a full minute before you "respawn" at your chosen location. During that time, you are actually dead in game-terms. So if you were the last traitor, or all other traitors are killed in that period, you lose.

You might say that the "only while falling or drowning" requirement already limits it enough, but it is hard to detect when someone is falling and when they are just doing a small jump that they'll survive. Therefore, that limitation may not be possible, and the traitor could fake his death at any time.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »

Let's change this then:

- It's an automatic Death Faker, so when you hit the floor and you would normally loose 50 HP you get teleported (and when you take some drowing damage you get teleported too). So if you jump and you loose 49 HP, the teleporter isnt triggered.

- The fake body will have DNA on it.

- I don't know if you can do this, but when you find a "fake body" it will show that he was a traitor AND it will show the name of the death faker, BUT the name will be an ANAGRAM (If my name is Epic Box, the name of the fake body will be Xicbe Po.

- When you id the body, you'll have 10 seconds to solve the anagram, after that the name will stay blank.

- You can do this though: Type the anagram in the chat, so people can solve the anagram even after it dissapeared.

- I don't know if all these ideas would be underpowered; if you think that, we could so something else:

When you Id the fake body, you'll enter a minigame (just like the wires) where you must put the letters in the right order. While doing this, you can't communicate with the other players (Voice or Chat), but you can check the player list (TAB).

I know its all a bit complicated, but I hope you understand, and I'm sure you will.

So I'll be waiting for your opinions.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 04:44:02 AM »

Would you show up in chat and in voicechat as the disguised person, because either way, I can't see that working unless you show up in chat as that person.  Otherwise, a few situations could happen.  1) You fake your death and assume the role of a person you flaregunned, yet are caught when you sound nothing like them (funny yet stupid situation).
2) Typing in chat will only work if you show up as this person, since they could just ask this person who you are disguised as if he is alive, and then kill you when he doesn't respond.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »

What if the person has non-English letters? or perhaps symbols, or the same letters!?, programming the anagram thing is not feasible due to the wide range of input.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »

Suggestions on how it could possibly work...

- It could work like the way the teleport does, like right click sets respawn, and left click executes the suicide.

- You could be able to press C while having it equipped to decide how you will have died according to the body search.

- It would leave DNA on the corpse, and after you respawn the body dissipates, or DNA scans stop referencing the body, and the detective will still have your DNA. (It would be troublesome to look for a traitor who faked death, and is using a decoy. That would be 3 blips)

This item might put too much pressure on the detective though. Just saying. Also what if every traitor used the death faker before each other respawned, would the innocents win?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »

.... No. When you suicide, you aren't like... "nowhere", waiting to respawn. When you fake your death, you get teleported to an already marked location.

The fake body would stay till the round ends, don't see why it should dissapear.

And there isnt going to be a C menu, the death faker will be triggered in different ways, but that depends of the way you "died" (falling or drowning).

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 03:19:31 AM »

It would have to come with serious downsides to compensate that. For example, it could take a full minute before you "respawn" at your chosen location.

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »

It already HAS some limitations:

- The fake body has DNA
- Anagram (if you're smart you'll know how to solve it though)
- It's only triggered by a natural death (so you can't manually trigger it, once you "die" it triggers).

We can add more limitations though:

- The "teleporting" sound is a lot louder.
- Just like I said earlier, it's only triggered if you were actually going to "DIE".
- You loose 25% of your current health (100 HP ----> Fake Death -----> 75 HP)

So that's ir right? This would completly fit with the TTT atmosphere: It would confuse the players even more: "Is he alive?"

But let's add more stuff:

- If you ID a fake body, you arent going to be able to see the game: a "Solve anagram" button will appear (you can't see the anagram till you press that button).

- You gotta click the letters in the right order.

- You loose communication (you can't type or talk, if you want to "save" the anagram you must either write it down or remember it).

You've got 20 seconds to solve it. When you think you solved it, you press "SOLVE". If it's right, the good name will show up in the body. If you're wrong, the body will get flared (so it's something like a C4, if you're wrong, you can't get the info).

But how many players may attempt to solve the riddle at a time?

Only one. If you exit the puzzle, the body gets flared.

But if an dumbass innocent tries to solve it? We can do some stuff there: Only detectives can solve the puzzle (The "Solve Anagram" button only shows up to the detectives).

I don't know what do to here: Would the detectives be able to solve the anagrams without buying an item? Or should they buy an item to solve the anagram? I think they should solve the anagrams without items.

So what do you think BKU, I improved this idea a lot. I'm waiting for your opinions.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »

I don't know what all this anagram stuff is for. I'm certainly not going to add more minigames to TTT, in any form.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »

How would DNA work on a suicided body? This item is already broken because drowned, or fallen to death bodies don't have DNA... As well as if that's the 'only' way it worked, then it makes the item useless because all detective would assume the traitor is still alive. It would basically be an item that if used, you'd lose your ability to be out in the open, and if anything it'd just get an innocent rdm'd because people would assume there's 1 less traitor. Also even with my idea of choosing how you died, if you wanted to have a traitor friend say he killed you after you fake your own death with a shotgun, would there be a way to link it to him, or would the detective have the ability to find out the DNA links to the body itself(showing he faked death)? DNA is just a big problem with this item.

EDIT: Another problem with my idea, or possibly a counter to fix the dna problem... If you faked a death that involved shooting, there'd be no blood splatter because you'd fall over suiciding. SO if you faked the death of being shotgunned, and fell over. Then your friend claimed to of killed you... Well you see a detective could scan it, and prove he killed him, but then a skilled player or detective could say, "If you killed him with a shotgun, why is there no blood on the wall?"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:21:41 PM by Meta-Stick »

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

This is giving traitor a second chance. They're going to die falling? Use the death faker. Of course, they will know that the dead body is a "fake traitor body", and the DNA on it is from the Death Faker tool, and it would increase rdm if you link a fake death to an innocent.

And King, the anagram works for two reasons: either giving the traitors more time or confusing the innocents.

Someone said that when you ID the body everything should be blank, you said that the bodies are a vital source of info for the innocents. Well, now, if you want to get info on the bodies, you need to solve the anagram.

And, from my point of view, with the anagram minigame, the game would be funnier; that's the goal of the game, being fun. Detectives would be a lot cooler, and the pressure of solving the anagram before the time rouns out would be unique.

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »

What if the person has non-English letters? or perhaps symbols, or the same letters!?, programming the anagram thing is not feasible due to the wide range of input.

This is why we couldn't have anagrams. Also to add to manmax's point... I have shitty windows XP, and I know for a fact some symbols show up as boxes, for me and others.(anyone know of a fix for this lol?) Anagrams are a bad idea.

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 05:41:27 PM »

Death faker... ONLY TRIGGERS ON NATURAL DEATH. You can't use it on a gunfight.

And for the anagrams... At least ALL THE server is using symbols, it's going to be pretty easy: You can check the player list. Let's say someone is named *symbol* *symbol* Redemption.

You gotta click in the anagram "minigame": *square (if you got a shitty XP like me xD)* *square* R-E-D-E-M-P-T-I-O-N.

It's not that hard.

Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »

what if two players:

Hi
H|

massive margin of error you could do. What if its all Chinese? You will there constantly flipping back to the tab menu, which u can't do while identifying a body so yea....

Instead of a death faker perhaps a "Last-Minute Watchmen" If you health drops bellow 10 then you teleport to a designated spot. You have to have the equipment out to set the teleport spot but you can have it away and still teleport if you health drops. Damage that would affect this could be fall damage, water, crush, bullet.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:01:23 PM by Manmax75 »

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »

You could do something silly like prop hunt, and have the traitor randomly turn into one of a handful of props.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:40 AM »

Epic Box, do you read every other word, or do you read every third word? Better yet, do you make up what someones post says in your mind after reading 1 to 2 words? That's very bad forum etiquette.

Also what do you not understand about the anagrams that we've pointed out to you? Will this comic explain it better?

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 02:46:48 AM »

LMAO. Best comic I've ever seen.

Just got what you wanted to say.
What could we do here then?

Some kind of puzzle... minigame... but like what? What could we do here? I've got an idea: The "connect the wires" game. The real game had 3 wires: Red, Blue, and Green. And there were 3 outputs: one was red, the other one was blue and the other one green. Of couse, this is way too easy, someone could improve the idea. When you connect the wires, you get real time DNA (it doesnt recharges: if the traitor moves, he would move too in the Detective's screen.

But why connect the wires? We could say that the fake body is a "robot", connect the wires and you'll get his DNA.

So WHADYA THINK?

DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 03:06:53 AM »

Some kind of puzzle... minigame...

I'm certainly not going to add more minigames to TTT, in any form.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length