Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor idea - The Disguiser Mk. II
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traitor idea - The Disguiser Mk. II  (Read 8107 times)
Rebellious
Poster

« on: October 23, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »

NEW FROM DISGUISE-TECH! INTRODUCING THE DISGUISER MK.II!

Tired of getting shot when using our old disguiser when somebody notices you have no name? NO LONGER! The Disguiser Mk. II, rather than removing your identity, replaces it with one of your fellow terrorists, drawn at random. The only rule is it can't choose the identity of one of your fellow traitors! Activate it, mac-10 someone in a crowd, run off, and bam! Instant blame shift! Perfect for getting the heat off of you and your tator buddies! Order now for the low, low price of 2 Credits!

...So, what do you guys think? Tried doing a funny sorta commercial style thing, if that dosen't work just say so.
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »

I always thought of this. Never had the guts to post it though. I love the idea.

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »

People would get rdm'd.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »

Has been suggested many times. It's abusable:

1. Use disguiser, get a new name, let's say it's "Bob".
2. Grief, micspam, spam chat, whatever.
3. Bob gets banned by admins, or players decide he's an asshole.
Rebellious
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »

You could always....aw...can't mute them, sence that would become a dead giveaway real fast.  Hm.....
I'll have to think about this some more.... Might be able to think of a way around that particular issue....
hayhay89
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 02:17:18 PM »

stupidest thing ive ever heard if u need ti change ur name just to kill someone how about you uninstall gmod and leave ttt for ever
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

stupidest thing ive ever heard if u need ti change ur name just to kill someone how about you uninstall gmod and leave ttt for ever

If you're going to troll, do it with correct grammar and spelling.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »

Has been suggested many times. It's abusable:

1. Use disguiser, get a new name, let's say it's "Bob".
2. Grief, micspam, spam chat, whatever.
3. Bob gets banned by admins, or players decide he's an asshole.

Admins on servers should be intelligent enough to first allow the round to either end or wait until the individual with the disguise on gets killed (which ever one comes first). Consulting the damage logs and or context menu would provide them with ample amounts of detail to make it clear whether the player "bob" would be responsible for killing anyone.

Banning should not take place on assumptions.

Round detail whether it be the damage logs or round context menu should be consulted first.

If, should the traitor wearing the player disguise kill anyone, all kills should be attributed to that player.

This would prevent any ambiguity.

Finally, if a spectating admin is annoyed at a traitor wearing a disguise who could be exercising any one of the actions you outlined (ex: micspaming), perhaps they could enter a command to determine which players are wearing any disguises or have them in their inventory?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:25:28 PM by Silverstream »
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 03:23:21 PM »

If you're going to troll, do it with correct grammar and spelling.

He's preaching the truth, or rambling it with typos. Whatever.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

Admins on servers should be intelligent enough to first allow the round to either end or wait until the individual with the disguise on gets killed (which ever one comes first). Consulting the damage logs and or context menu would provide them with ample amounts of detail to make it clear whether the player "bob" would be responsible for killing anyone.

Banning should not take place on assumptions.

Round detail whether it be the damage logs or round context menu should be consulted first.

If, should the traitor wearing the player disguise kill anyone, all kills should be attributed to that player.

This would prevent any ambiguity.

Finally, if a spectating admin is annoyed at a traitor wearing a disguise who could be exercising any one of the actions you outlined (ex: micspaming), perhaps they could enter a command to determine which players are wearing any disguises or have them in their inventory?

I think this is asking a lot from some gamers, man.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Rebellious
Poster

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »

But you're not asking it of just ordinary gamers, your asking it of admins/moderators, who should (through their status) have proven they have at LEAST the dedication to hunker down and handle people who would abuse something like this.
And someone said something about the player's name not changing in the logs, I can't imagine any issues with this. All it has to do is change their display name to fool players. Or something like that....

Oh really? I might be inclined to agree with you if I could READ WHAT THE HECK YOU'RE SAYING.
If you're going to troll, at least take FIVE SECONDS to type out a legible sentence. After all, there's no point in trollin' if people can't TELL yer' trollin'.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »

Perhaps this can be implemented but without the traitor gaining the ability to chat in there victims name? takes out mic spam & chat abuse possibilities, reduces usefulness of the disguiser to make it balanced.

I think it could work but is it still worth 2 credits at this level?

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Rebellious
Poster

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

Perhaps this can be implemented but without the traitor gaining the ability to chat in there victims name? takes out mic spam & chat abuse possibilities, reduces usefulness of the disguiser to make it balanced.

I think it could work but is it still worth 2 credits at this level?

The two credit cost is to offset the ability to play as someone else. Just kill someone or something where people can see, run a bit, disable it, and bam, they aren't looking for you, they're looking for  -treShErMaNert- Or some wierd-arsely named person like that. That's just an example.
And the problem is disabling their chat function would make it to the point where "he is talking at all even when asked something so he's the traitor *mac-10*". It'd be to obvious.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »

Make it not allow you to use text/mic when disguised, or when you do make it show YOUR name. And also make it unable to choose people who are alive, only bodies who are unidentified. This way no one will be "rdmed", and no one will be banned for text/mic spam.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »

Make it not allow you to use text/mic when disguised, or when you do make it show YOUR name. And also make it unable to choose people who are alive, only bodies who are unidentified. This way no one will be "rdmed", and no one will be banned for text/mic spam.

That would certainly make it more interesting, how about once every 3-4 seconds when you have it on, your name turns grey for a brief moment?  So people can tell it is a traitor and therefore he would have to be more careful.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Rebellious
Poster

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »

That's a thought. I'd make the traitor stay on his toes.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »

Also, bku dosen't let items cost more than 1 credit.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »

Stealing someone's name can be quite obvious, for starters you don't act the same as that person nor do you sound or perhaps type like the person who's ID you are using.
I think not having a name is just fine and that itself has many advantages (hiding in bushes/under water).  Furthermore disabling traitors from using voice or chat while disguised will simply result in people spamming chat to see who's not talking back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:42:07 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »

I never liked it, one server had it......

I was like to the detective I AM INNOCENT I SWEAR QUIT KILLING ME, and he was disguised..... I didn't know they had that on their server
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 12:57:29 AM »

I say no for the same reason that name changing in game is usually kick/temp-ban....

too exploitable.

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Traitor idea - The Disguiser Mk. II « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length